edfromut's Posts

edfromut's Posts

I've got an issue with my Dell Venue tablet. I've had the tablet for about 9 months and just discovered the issue. I've posted the questions many times on different Forums. I am not getting any respo... See more...
I've got an issue with my Dell Venue tablet. I've had the tablet for about 9 months and just discovered the issue. I've posted the questions many times on different Forums. I am not getting any responses at all. It looks like there is no way to voice talk directly to Dell Support. Is that true? This is really frustrating when I try to communicate and get zero response. Ed
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The ... See more...
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The tablet does not recognize the SIM card. I have tried 3 different SIMs with no luck.When I go to  Settings → Change PC settings → Network no network is listed. Do you know why the SIM cards are not recognized? Does the tablet need to be unlocked?
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The ... See more...
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The tablet does not recognize the SIM card. I have tried 3 different SIMs with no luck.When I go to  Settings → Change PC settings → Network network is not listed. Do you know why the SIM cards are not recognized? Does the tablet need to be unlocked? Thanks.
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The tablet does not recognize the SIM card. I have tried 3 different SIMs with no luck.When I go to  Settings → Change PC settings → Network no network is listed. Do you know why the SIM cards are not recognized? Does the tablet need to be unlocked? Thanks.
I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 – 5130. I'm trying to get network connection through a service provider whose SIM card I purchased. I inserted the SIM card in the SIM slot after removing the battery. The tablet does not recognize the SIM card. I have tried 3 different SIMs with no luck.When I go to  Settings → Change PC settings → Network no network is listed. Do you know why the SIM cards are not recognized? Does the tablet need to be unlocked? Thanks.
I have a Dell 3100cn network printer. I just got a new laptop with Win 7 home premium. I downloaded and tried to Add a Printer with the 32-bit driver but  I get the message ..."make sure the it is de... See more...
I have a Dell 3100cn network printer. I just got a new laptop with Win 7 home premium. I downloaded and tried to Add a Printer with the 32-bit driver but  I get the message ..."make sure the it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems". Is there another driver I need? Can Win7 install this driver in 32 bit format? Thanks for your help.
I have a dell 3100cn as a network printer. I print a document. Then I try to print another doc and my computer thinks the printer is offline and doesn't print. I turn the printer off and on again an... See more...
I have a dell 3100cn as a network printer. I print a document. Then I try to print another doc and my computer thinks the printer is offline and doesn't print. I turn the printer off and on again and the printer prints and then does the same thing. Do anyone know why this happens?   Thanks
Thanks for the reply. You are right yermaw, I changed the drum and it is now printing properly and it is not jamming anymore. What exactly is wrong with the drum that would cause this type of print... See more...
Thanks for the reply. You are right yermaw, I changed the drum and it is now printing properly and it is not jamming anymore. What exactly is wrong with the drum that would cause this type of printout? What does the Intermediete Transfer Belt look like? Can I fix the drum to get it working again? The drum only has about 300 prints before it went bad. I would like to salvage it if possible.
My Dell 3100cn printer all of a sudden started filling the whole page up with all toner colors when trying to print black text. And then the paper gets jammed in the fuser. Are these two issues rel... See more...
My Dell 3100cn printer all of a sudden started filling the whole page up with all toner colors when trying to print black text. And then the paper gets jammed in the fuser. Are these two issues related? I clear the jam but the same thing keeps happening over and over. Any suggestions? Thanks for your replies.
I have a Dell 3100cn printer about 3 years old. I keep getting a paper jam because the paper is wrapping around the fuser instead of just touching the fuser. Is the fuser bad or is something else w... See more...
I have a Dell 3100cn printer about 3 years old. I keep getting a paper jam because the paper is wrapping around the fuser instead of just touching the fuser. Is the fuser bad or is something else wrong?
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and it started to not print near the right margin, about 3/4" from the right edge of the page. It's getting worse. Now it's about an inch of not printing on the right ... See more...
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and it started to not print near the right margin, about 3/4" from the right edge of the page. It's getting worse. Now it's about an inch of not printing on the right margin. It does this for black and all the colors. I have replaced the drum twice but this does not fix the problem. I have replaced the black cartridge and reseated all of the other cartridges. But the problem still exists. Is there something that I need to do to the printer so that I can print closer to the edge of the paper? Is something damaged in the printer that needs to be replaced?
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and it started to not print near the right margin, about 3/4" from the right edge of the page. This is particularly a problem when I try to print a pdf file and the wo... See more...
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and it started to not print near the right margin, about 3/4" from the right edge of the page. This is particularly a problem when I try to print a pdf file and the words are cut off on the right edge of the page. But any word document does the same thing. I have replaced the drum twice but this does not fix the problem. Is there something that I need to do to the printer so that I can print closer to the edge of the paper?
The belt inside my Dell 3100cn drum keeps slipping. The belt looks stretched out. The drum otherwise has plenty of life left. I would like to replace the belt with the belt from an old drum that d... See more...
The belt inside my Dell 3100cn drum keeps slipping. The belt looks stretched out. The drum otherwise has plenty of life left. I would like to replace the belt with the belt from an old drum that doesn't work anymore. The belt looks pretty good in the old drum. Are there any instructions available that shows how to disassemble/assemble the 3100cn drum?   Thanks for your replies.
The belt inside my Dell 3100cn drum keeps slipping. The belt looks stretched out. The drum otherwise has plenty of life left. I would like to replace the belt with the belt from an old drum that d... See more...
The belt inside my Dell 3100cn drum keeps slipping. The belt looks stretched out. The drum otherwise has plenty of life left. I would like to replace the belt with the belt from an old drum that doesn't work anymore. The belt looks pretty good in the old drum. Are there any instructions available that shows how to disassemble/assemble the 3100cn drum?   Thanks for your replies.
I figured out that the streaks I was getting in my prints was due to the drum being defective. I replaced the drum and the problem went away. I would like to repair the old drum. Is there any trou... See more...
I figured out that the streaks I was getting in my prints was due to the drum being defective. I replaced the drum and the problem went away. I would like to repair the old drum. Is there any troubleshooting and disassembly/assembly instructions available for the 3100cn drum?   Thanks
Here is a picture of the streak I was talking about.    
I scanned a page but I don't know how to attach it to this message. It looks like I need a web site and upload the picture to the website first. Is this true? Can't I just attach my picture somehow?
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and have printed about 25,000 pages. Suddenly I started getting 2 brown streaks about 1/4" wide on the entire left edge of the page. This happens on both color and b... See more...
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and have printed about 25,000 pages. Suddenly I started getting 2 brown streaks about 1/4" wide on the entire left edge of the page. This happens on both color and black & white prints. The more pages printed at a time, the darker and wider these streaks get. I reseated all the cartridges but it didn't help. Is this a drum problem or something else? I took the drum cover off the drum and tried it but I still have the same problem. So the cover must not be causing the problem. I am getting a "Drum Cartridge Replace Soon" message but I thought the drum is supposed to last a lot more than 25,000 prints. Is the streaks a symptom of a drum needing replacement?   Thanks,   Ed
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and have printed about 25,000 pages. Suddenly I started getting 2 brown streaks about 1/4" wide on the left edge of the page. This happens on both color and black & w... See more...
I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and have printed about 25,000 pages. Suddenly I started getting 2 brown streaks about 1/4" wide on the left edge of the page. This happens on both color and black & white prints. The more pages printed at a time, the darker and wider these streaks get. I reseated all the cartridges but it didn't help. Is this a drum problem or something else? Can this be fixed? Would the drum still be under warranty?    Thanks,   Ed