tapelibraryfixer's Posts

tapelibraryfixer's Posts

You could reset the library to defaults, just remember to save the settings before you do.
Drive failure?
did the number change?
USERNAME: fa PASSWORD: 54fc
password = 7946
username - fa password - 53f6
compatibility between the tape and drive isnt the issue, the library needs to know that that its a cleaning tape and the barcode does that.
Cleaning tapes can only do so much, the bottom sensor is a red flag for the drive, it will need to be replaced
password = 4c
  more than likely the drive issue, do you have 1 or 2 drives?
If the drive originated from an external chassis, standalone and not a library then it would have differant internal settings, the dip switches only do so much.  
No, the drive have a VPD(Vital Product Data) i beleive, one setting being Library or Standalone mode. because IBM drives can go in a number of libraries they need to be set accordingly so that you ca... See more...
No, the drive have a VPD(Vital Product Data) i beleive, one setting being Library or Standalone mode. because IBM drives can go in a number of libraries they need to be set accordingly so that you cant stick any IBM drive into any library, which is probably why yours is logging out.
From my experiance, the bottom sensor means the drive on its way out, you can have good results in ITDT but if you have this error its not a good sign.
If it was a standalone drive then the settings for the drive are probably wrong for it to go into a library.
56da
Hi, Try.... usernme - fa password - 6c89
delete
Hi username - fa password - 86f
Hi You have 2 control path drives, im pretty sure there should only be one unless maybe its partitioned. SAS = Serial attached SCSI. even FC drives appear as scsi sequential drives non exclusive d... See more...
Hi You have 2 control path drives, im pretty sure there should only be one unless maybe its partitioned. SAS = Serial attached SCSI. even FC drives appear as scsi sequential drives non exclusive drivers should be correct