psmith-2015's Posts

psmith-2015's Posts

Resolution Settings We have Dell U2711 monitors that at native resolution do 2560x1440. We have bought R10L units because they were the best possible option because they can do max res of 2... See more...
Resolution Settings We have Dell U2711 monitors that at native resolution do 2560x1440. We have bought R10L units because they were the best possible option because they can do max res of 2560x1600. The problem they forgot to tell us was that there is not many incremental options on the device. We go from 2560x1600 which is too big for our screen to 1920x1440 which is not native res and look terrible on the monitors. Does anyone have a way to get other resolution settings?
AVI Video Playback Unusable with Choppy Sound We are using Windows 2008 Terminal Services RDP connections. We are running the TCX Suite on the servers. Playback of an AVI file recorded on a ... See more...
AVI Video Playback Unusable with Choppy Sound We are using Windows 2008 Terminal Services RDP connections. We are running the TCX Suite on the servers. Playback of an AVI file recorded on a digital camera in Windows Media Player 11 On the C10LE with ThinOS the video and sound is choppy and is completely unusable. Tried next on the one C90LE7 test unit we have and it works OK. From a full Windows PC using the remote desktop connection the playback is smooth. ::CONFIGS:: WNOS.ini Rapportserver=192.168.1.10 EnableLocal=no HideDefault=yes EnableGKey=yes DeskColor="66 107 186" DesktopColorDepth=32 Desktop=Wallpaper.jpg Layout=Stretch Screensaver="30" LockTerminal=no Type=0 Language=Us Timeserver=192.168.1.18 Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy TimeZone='GMT - 05:00' ManualOverride=yes Daylight=yes Start=030507 End=100507 TimeZoneName="US Eastern Standard Time" DayLightName="US Eastern Daylight Time" Device=vusb Type=TCX NoReducer=yes SignOn=No SessionConfig=RDP DefaultColor=2 EnableNLA=no Device=audio Volume=25 Include=$mac.ini Exit=All MAC.ini SessionConfig=RDP DefaultColor=2 CONNECT=RDP \ Host=ts-01.domain.com \ Description="TS 01" \ AutoConnect=1 \ Reconnect=yes \ Colors=true \ Fullscreen=yes \ Rdp_No_Wallpaper=yes \ Rdp_No_Theme=yes \ Domainname=DOMAIN \ Mapdisks=yes \ LocalCopy=no What do we need to do to get usable playback on the C10LE?
RESOLVED If I add to the wnos.ini EnableCacheIni=yes Once that is added the thin client holds the settings after every reboot.
C10LE Not Keeping Config After Reboot I am new to the Wyse world and having a small issue with my C10LE. 7.0 113 I have a wnos.ini file create exactly how I want it hosted on the FTP server.... See more...
C10LE Not Keeping Config After Reboot I am new to the Wyse world and having a small issue with my C10LE. 7.0 113 I have a wnos.ini file create exactly how I want it hosted on the FTP server. The thin client boots, pulls the file and it is exactly how I want it. If I reboot the device, I loose all my custom settings. Reboot it again and get my settings back. Basically it flip flops between settings at ever reboot. What am I missing to make this device run my config after every reboot? wnos.ini Code: ;************************************************************* ;* * ;* This wnos.ini file was generated with the * ;* Configuration File Generator 6.0.011 * ;* Copyright by Thomas Moellerbernd * ;* * ;* http://www.technicalhelp.de * ;* * ;************************************************************* ;************************************************************* ;* General 1 * ;************************************************************* Fileserver=10.1.4.69 Rapportserver=10.1.4.69 Privilege=None SuppressTaskbar=yes ;************************************************************* ;* General 3 * ;************************************************************* AutoSignoff=yes Shutdown=yes ;************************************************************* ;* Display * ;************************************************************* Screensaver="30" LockTerminal=no Type=0 ;************************************************************* ;* Time * ;************************************************************* Timeserver=10.1.4.18 Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy TimeZone='GMT - 05:00' ManualOverride=yes Daylight=yes Start=030507 End=100507 TimeZoneName="US Eastern Standard Time" DayLightName="Eastern Daylight Time" ;************************************************************* ;* Network * ;************************************************************* Community=secretcode SignOn=No MaxVNCD=1 VncPassword="secretcode" Encrypt=yes VncPrompt=Yes Accept=5 ;************************************************************* ;* RDP * ;************************************************************* SessionConfig=RDP DefaultColor=2 ;------------------------------------------------------------- ;- RDP Session 1 - ;- Each line but the last must end with a '\' - ;------------------------------------------------------------- CONNECT=RDP \ Host=termserv \ Description="Office" \ AutoConnect=1 \ Reconnect=yes \ Colors=true \ Fullscreen=yes \ Rdp_No_Wallpaper=yes \ Rdp_No_Theme=yes \ UniSession=yes \ Domainname=DOMAIN \ Mapdisks=yes \ LocalCopy=no  
What I ran into is that the TCX Suite on the server didn't seem to be answering the USB pass through. Ended up restarting the "Wyse Technology Inc., USB Virtualizer" service. Once that service had r... See more...
What I ran into is that the TCX Suite on the server didn't seem to be answering the USB pass through. Ended up restarting the "Wyse Technology Inc., USB Virtualizer" service. Once that service had restarted the window would pop up for the TCX Suite asking if the attached camera should be allowed to proceed or not.
Digital Camera Passthrough We are new to the Thin Client world and are looking to move our office from full PCs to C10LE running ThinOS with a Terminal Server 2008 R2 backend. We have run in... See more...
Digital Camera Passthrough We are new to the Thin Client world and are looking to move our office from full PCs to C10LE running ThinOS with a Terminal Server 2008 R2 backend. We have run into a problem that I can't seem to find a solution to yet. We have quite a few different digital camera's through the office and as of yet I have not been able to get a single camera to pass through the C10LE ThinOS device to the terminal server. If I take a Windows 7 workstation and connect to the terminal server and connect the cameras up, they all pass through to the server and I can pull the images. What am I doing wrong that I can't get the cameras to pass through the C10LE ThinOS device?
Need to setup a Windows 2008 32bit machine with no service packs and SP1 to test. So far I have tested and it has failed on the following configurations: Windows 2008 SP2 32bit Windows 20... See more...
Need to setup a Windows 2008 32bit machine with no service packs and SP1 to test. So far I have tested and it has failed on the following configurations: Windows 2008 SP2 32bit Windows 2008 SP2 64bit Windows 2008 SP1 64bit Windows 2008 SP1 32bit does work. I haven't yet had time to test to see what happens when the server is upgraded to SP2.
I was able to use the same machine and install 4.7.2. That version installs and runs without an issue. So I tried to then upgrade to 4.8 and got the same error message as in the previous post. I sho... See more...
I was able to use the same machine and install 4.7.2. That version installs and runs without an issue. So I tried to then upgrade to 4.8 and got the same error message as in the previous post. I should have my Wyse C90LE7 here early next week and really want to test how to do remote configs, updates and such but from what I have reading it looks like 4.7.2 does not work with Windows Embedded 7. Is that correct? Has anyone been able to install 4.8 from the download available from the website?
Having Trouble With Install Of WDM 4.8 Trying to install the WDM service as we are testing out Wyse thin clients as we look to move to a thin world. I have followed the instructions from the... See more...
Having Trouble With Install Of WDM 4.8 Trying to install the WDM service as we are testing out Wyse thin clients as we look to move to a thin world. I have followed the instructions from the Installation Guide Wyse Device Manager™ Release 4.8 issue 080910. The installation is on a Windows 2008 SP2 32bit with all the latest patches. It is a brand new install with only the designated IIS roles and WebDav installed on it. Download and extract the WDM v4.8 and run the setup. The message I get is: "WDM does not support this version of the Operation System, aborting installation" What am I missing?