inspiron7368's Posts

inspiron7368's Posts

Hi, Cly28 Happy New 2017 an thanks for your reply! An engineer paid me a visit to change the motherboard and I asked him the same question - Can I charge the laptop's battery through the USB-C po... See more...
Hi, Cly28 Happy New 2017 an thanks for your reply! An engineer paid me a visit to change the motherboard and I asked him the same question - Can I charge the laptop's battery through the USB-C port? He said he didn't know but it's safer not to try as I may burn the main board. I have not found enough information about Dell accessories on their website, the sales people have misled me twice, the service people here in China are unaware of USB-C and are very reluctant to share any information, so I dare not try until I find a reliable Dell service centre. Judge for yourself:  "The Dell Active Pen [PN556W] is compatible with select Dell branded notebooks and tablets." Well, thank you for the info! (Source:  <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>
Thank you, TamuFlyer for the suggestion. Looks great on the picture, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my Inspiron 7368. The chip inside my laptop behind the USB Type C is neither USB 3.1, no... See more...
Thank you, TamuFlyer for the suggestion. Looks great on the picture, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my Inspiron 7368. The chip inside my laptop behind the USB Type C is neither USB 3.1, not Thunderbolt. It should be USB 3.0. I have bought separate adapters for VGA, Ethernet and USB 3.0 and they work well, although they are said to be designed for Apple (which HAS USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt). Fortunately they work well. No drivers, no hassle. Just plug.
Dear Jim Coates, I owe you a big "thank you" for the solution you suggested on October 14th. It was about bypassing the Realtek driver by a USB audio adapter. It works! I've been struggling  to sol... See more...
Dear Jim Coates, I owe you a big "thank you" for the solution you suggested on October 14th. It was about bypassing the Realtek driver by a USB audio adapter. It works! I've been struggling  to solve the audio problem for three and a half months. I have visited 3 service centres and none has given me this suggestion. This forum has proved to be a reliable place for problem solving. On Monday Nov. 28th I had the main board and speakers changed. Unfortunately the problem was not solved. With most audio cables the noise is constant, but I found a jack which cancels the noise when moved slightly. To me it means there is a design or factory defect as the ground of the audio port does not connect reliably to the ground of the 3.5 mm jack. Today I bought a USB audio adapter (I didn't know they existed!) and the problem was solved. The audio port can still be used with earphones and low power speakers. Thank you again for your suggestion, which saved me from having troubles in the future. Best regards.
Dear Sir, I hope you have received my two messages with all necessary details. I will appreciate it if you confirm receiving them. Best,, Stefan
I have sent you two messages providing the details you requested. Best regards, Stefan
I have sent you a private message. Please tell me if you need more details. Best regards, Stefan
Alexander Pope said "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” My biggest mistake is that expected too much from Dell, which I still value highly as a vendor of high qua... See more...
Alexander Pope said "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” My biggest mistake is that expected too much from Dell, which I still value highly as a vendor of high quality equipment. I've been researching laptops for my work for a year and in July I bought Dell Inspiron Series 7000 online from Dell Hong Kong. I put my trust and expectations in Dell and that's why I am now experiencing extreme frustration and disappointment. The computer I bought in August 2016 online from Dell Hong Kong has a defect. You can see it on YouTube. I cannot tell if the reason is the hardware, the audio driver or if there is incompatibility with Windows 10. The problem is that within the warranty period I've been evasively refused service in one form or another. The heavily advertised Dell on-site visit does not exist. I've received only neglect and disregard from authorized service staff in mainland China. Because of my experience I dare not even submit the computer for return. Why? Read on. On August 20th I applied for refund of peripherals incompatible with the Inspiron. I returned the parts to Dell Hong Kong but have received no refund as of today November 10 and there is no prospect of receiving it ever. Now I have no parts and no refund. The price of the parts is EUR 118, which I have invariably lost. Who can guarantee that if I return the defective laptop priced EUR 1000 I will receive a new one? Knowing the style of Dell Hong Kong I expect to lose everything I have been stupid to buy from them. Dell have built a structure in Hong Kong and China, which does not allow complaints. The people in charge are not reachable by individual customers. No address, no phone number, no email. I have also read that Dell HQ in Texas do not deal with complaints, so I have found myself as a protagonist of a Kafka novel. I will appreciate any advice about my options from now on.
Dear Jim Coates, Thank you for your prompt and very detailed reply. I am sorry I could not provide feedback earlier. I have a 2-in-1 Inspiron 7368. I tried the steps you suggested, however it di... See more...
Dear Jim Coates, Thank you for your prompt and very detailed reply. I am sorry I could not provide feedback earlier. I have a 2-in-1 Inspiron 7368. I tried the steps you suggested, however it did not work as supposed. Firstly, I changed the power management plan to High Performance and everything always on. This did not solve the problem. After uninstalling and deleting the latest Realtek VR8Y0_WN32_6.0.1.7908_A03 driver, which creates noise, the Device manager showed a mark on a new entry - Intel High definition Audio, which I updated automatically. Windows downloaded and installed the same driver, which creates a permanent noise when idle. I could not find the native audio driver. The compatible hardware list shows only Realtek Audio. The list of all devices shows companies from Altec to Yamaha but not the native High Definition Audio. Then I downloaded and installed an older version: 3379_Audio_Driver_5NJGX_WN32_6.0.1.7838_A02. It was worse: it creates the same noise plus a loud crack before playing any sound. The last resort was the oldest driver, which came originally with the laptop: Audio_Driver_DTTXT_WN32_6.0.1.7751_A00. It creates a loud crack before playing any sound, but at least does not make noise. I have also tried a generic audio driver from Realtek: 0006-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279, but it did not work at all. The noise, created by the latest 2 Realtek drivers is the same as touching the active wire of a cable connected to a PA. Touching the aluminium surface of the laptop increases the noise. Obviously the problem is created by Realtek drivers. I hope they will solve it soon by another update. I accidentally deleted Intel Display Audio driver, which was under Sound, video and game controllers and I could not find it. Would you kindly send me a link to download and install. Best regards.
I have a 2 months old Inspiron 7368. I have updated the driver because of cracking sound of the previous version. Now there is a new problem with the latest audio driver VR8Y0_WN32_6.0.1.7908_A03. Wh... See more...
I have a 2 months old Inspiron 7368. I have updated the driver because of cracking sound of the previous version. Now there is a new problem with the latest audio driver VR8Y0_WN32_6.0.1.7908_A03. When I plug in a cable in the combined audio in/out socket a dialog appears with options Speaker out, Dell Speaker out, Headset, etc. I choose SPEAKER OUT. When I play audio there are no problems. But after the audio signal stops the driver switches off the line automatically 5 seconds afterwards. This causes incredibly strong noise in the PA system, to which the computer is connected. The noise continues even if I turn off the sound, so the only solution is to turn off the PA. You understand that this startles the audience, confuses me and creates a compete mess. Please help, because I use the computer every day. Best regards to you all.
Dear Ravi, A big thank you for your help. I did as you said - updated the BIOS and the Audio driver. The problem was not solved after the BIOS update but was solved after updating the audio driver ... See more...
Dear Ravi, A big thank you for your help. I did as you said - updated the BIOS and the Audio driver. The problem was not solved after the BIOS update but was solved after updating the audio driver with Realtek VR8Y0_WN32_6.0.1.7908_A03 driver. Thanks a lot. You saved me days of walking in the service jungle. Best regards.
I have a 1-month old DELL Inspiron 13 7368 with Windows 10. Every time the computer gives an audio signal or starts playing an audio or video file there is a loud click and then the sound starts with... See more...
I have a 1-month old DELL Inspiron 13 7368 with Windows 10. Every time the computer gives an audio signal or starts playing an audio or video file there is a loud click and then the sound starts without the first second. The click is like unplugging an audio cable from a PA system. It seems to me that some software occasionally switches off the sound. This effect is very unpleasant when the computer is connected to a PA system as it startles the people around to death. There is a posting with the same problem at tomshardware forum. Please help me to solve the problem with this crack sound.
By the way it is already one month since I started the procedure for returning the incompatible parts. Lots of emails, phone calls with DELL's customer service and I'm still nowhere in this jungle of... See more...
By the way it is already one month since I started the procedure for returning the incompatible parts. Lots of emails, phone calls with DELL's customer service and I'm still nowhere in this jungle of "services". What's more is that I was advised by DELL that I'll get the money back ONE MONTH after returning the parts, which I hope to happen this year! By comparison I bought a HD monitor online, which I had to return. On the next day a rep came home to check the parts and I received the money back in just 2 days, so it took them only 3 days to finalize a return that will take DELL more than 2 months. Hopefully....
I HAD to find a USB Type C to VGA adapter ASAP after finding out the issue with DA200. And I found USB-C to VGA and USB-C to Ethernet and USB 3.0 Type A adapters. The irony here is that the adapters ... See more...
I HAD to find a USB Type C to VGA adapter ASAP after finding out the issue with DA200. And I found USB-C to VGA and USB-C to Ethernet and USB 3.0 Type A adapters. The irony here is that the adapters which I bought were advertised as suitable for Apple's Mac book, which is known to have USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt. And ironically these adapters work perfectly with the Inspiron 13 7000  but their own DA200 adapter is compatible with only XPS series, which are double price compared to the cheaper models. Hmmm...
Thank you for your replies. ejn63 has already provided a very good explanation as to why AD200 will never work on Inspiron 13 7000 series: the adapter needs USB 3.1. ejn63 says "a dock designed for ... See more...
Thank you for your replies. ejn63 has already provided a very good explanation as to why AD200 will never work on Inspiron 13 7000 series: the adapter needs USB 3.1. ejn63 says "a dock designed for a USB 3.1 spec and a lower-line model that has only USB-C --yep, the connectors are the same but the controller is very different on the lower end model.  The Inspirons are cheaper than the XPS systems for more reasons than the fact that there's more plastic and less metal in their construction."  The amazing part here is that THIS IS A SCAM! Hewlett Packard do the same tricks, so it must be a corporate policy of the big sharks in the US. Why is it a scam? Because the companies Dell and HP launch on the market products which their engineers know perfectly well will not work as they are supposed but do not tell the truth even to their technicians in the authorized services. They keep it a company secret. The Technical Service staff in the headquarters just ignore you if you ask why something would not work. So the company services around the world are embarrassed by their ignorance and inability to say why this thing does not work. With the advancement of technology before buying a piece of hardware one should reach a nearly professional level to avoid these scams. One should know about the various versions of everything installed on their machine plus all peripherals, even the cables - A Google engineer recently found a scam with non-standard USB Type C cables that can easily burn your computer.
From a reply by ejn63 I found out that I CAN charge my new Inspiron 13 7000 via the USB-C port, which happens to be a USB 3.0 connector (ejn63 said 'Yes, the USB-C can be used to charge the system.')... See more...
From a reply by ejn63 I found out that I CAN charge my new Inspiron 13 7000 via the USB-C port, which happens to be a USB 3.0 connector (ejn63 said 'Yes, the USB-C can be used to charge the system.'). So before I burn the motherboard of the new laptop I have the following questions: Question 1: Can I charge the laptop's battery connecting a standard USB charger for mobile phones (240V to 5V, 2A) via a USB Type A to USB Type C cable? Question 2: Can I charge the laptop's battery connecting the same cable to a power bank 10,000 mAh, 5V 2A
Thank you again for the reply. Should I deduce from it that behind the USB-C connector on Inspiron 13 7368 is actually USB 3.0 and not USB 2.0 or something else? I am interested what kind of port I... See more...
Thank you again for the reply. Should I deduce from it that behind the USB-C connector on Inspiron 13 7368 is actually USB 3.0 and not USB 2.0 or something else? I am interested what kind of port I have. Where can I find the answer? I ran Speccy. What does this mean: Motherboard: Manufacturer Dell Inc. Model 09PF4R (U3E1) Version A00 Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model Skylake-U Chipset Revision 08 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model ID9D48 Southbridge Revision 21 System Temperature 25 °C  BIOS   Brand Dell Inc.   Version 01.04.00   Date 7/6/2016  PCI Data    Slot PCI-E     Slot Type PCI-E     Slot Usage In Use     Data lanes x16     Slot Designation J6B2     Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME     Slot Number 0    Slot PCI-E     Slot Type PCI-E     Slot Usage In Use     Data lanes x1     Slot Designation J6B1     Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME     Slot Number 1    Slot PCI-E     Slot Type PCI-E     Slot Usage In Use     Data lanes x1     Slot Designation J6D1     Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME     Slot Number 2    Slot PCI-E     Slot Type PCI-E     Slot Usage In Use     Data lanes x1     Slot Designation J7B1     Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME     Slot Number 3    Slot PCI-E     Slot Type PCI-E     Slot Usage In Use     Data lanes x1     Slot Designation J8B4     Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME     Slot Number 4
Thank you so much for the complete answer! Wish I had known it before buying. OK, I understand it's not USB 3.1. But I want to connect the Inspiron to other devices All USB-C adapters I've see... See more...
Thank you so much for the complete answer! Wish I had known it before buying. OK, I understand it's not USB 3.1. But I want to connect the Inspiron to other devices All USB-C adapters I've seen online are advertised for MacBook? Can I use them? Can I connect to external monitor's DisplayPort or HDMI via an adapter? Can I connect to Ethernet via USB-C - RJ45 adapter? Your reply will save me from exhausting "trial-and-error" experience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I found by bitter experience that USB-C in DELL Inspiron is not compatible with USB-C on DELL AD200 adapter. To connect the Inspiron 7368 to external monitors and projectors I have to buy another U... See more...
I found by bitter experience that USB-C in DELL Inspiron is not compatible with USB-C on DELL AD200 adapter. To connect the Inspiron 7368 to external monitors and projectors I have to buy another USB-C to VGA/HDMI/USB 3.0/Ethernet adapter. All offers for USB-C adapters mention that it is for MacBook. I have the following questions: 1. What is the underlying standard behind the USB-C connector on the Inspiron 7368 2-in-1: USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, Thunderbolt or some other standard? 2. Are USB-C adapters for MacBook compatible with the USB-C connector on DELL Inspiron 7368? 3. What can be done and what cannot be done with the USB-C on the Inspiron 7368: •is it bi-directional, i.e. can it charge the battery of the laptop from an external power bank AND charge other devices like smartphones? •connect to external monitor's DisplayPort or HDMI via an adapter? •connect to Ethernet via USB-C - RJ45 adapter? •connect to USB 3.0 and/or 3.1 devices?
I found by bitter experience that USB-C in DELL Inspiron is not compatible with USB-C on DELL AD200 adapter. To connect the Inspiron 7368 to external monitors and projectors I have to buy another U... See more...
I found by bitter experience that USB-C in DELL Inspiron is not compatible with USB-C on DELL AD200 adapter. To connect the Inspiron 7368 to external monitors and projectors I have to buy another USB-C to VGA/HDMI/USB 3.0/Ethernet adapter. All offers for USB-C adapters mention that it is for MacBook.  Please reply to the following questions: 1. What is the underlying standard behind the USB-C connector on the Inspiron 7368 2-in-1: USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, Thunderbolt or some other standard? 2. Are USB-C adapters for MacBook compatible with the USB-C connector on DELL Inspiron 7368? 2. What can be done and what cannot be done with the USB-C on the Inspiron 7368: is it bi-directional, i.e. can it charge the battery of the laptop from an external power bank AND charge other devices like smartphones? connect to external monitor's DisplayPort or HDMI via an adapter? connect to Ethernet via USB-C - RJ45 adapter? connect to USB 3.0 and/or 3.1 devices? Best regards, Stefan Penchev
I bought online from DELL Hong Kong Inspiron 13 7368 (working well) ; DELL DA200 adapter USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Etehrnet/USB 3.0 and DELL Active Pen (order #810757967). The laptop does not recognize the... See more...
I bought online from DELL Hong Kong Inspiron 13 7368 (working well) ; DELL DA200 adapter USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Etehrnet/USB 3.0 and DELL Active Pen (order #810757967). The laptop does not recognize the DA200 adapter with or without a driver. The authorized services in China cannot help. I tested the laptop's USB-C port with other adapters (to VGA, to RJ-45), and it works well. I tested the DA200 adapter on XPS-12 and XPS-13, and it also works well. The sales assistants told me the DA200 is sold together with XPS-12. The DA200 adapter is INCOMPATIBLE with Inspiron 7368. Questions: 1. Is the USB-C on Inspiron 7368 not a real USB-C? 2. Can I use the USB-C on Inspiron 7368 for charging the laptop? 3. Why is the USB-C on the DA200 NOT COMPATIBLE with the USB-C on the Inspiron? How many variations of USB-C are out there? What should I take care when buying a USB-C adapter? 4. How can I return the accessories I bought and have a refund?