polok's Posts

polok's Posts

That was quick ! The server is dedicated for DELL OME. 4vCPU, 8GB of memory. I am not experiencing any capacity problems on the server. Yes it is possible that application stops responding the al... See more...
That was quick ! The server is dedicated for DELL OME. 4vCPU, 8GB of memory. I am not experiencing any capacity problems on the server. Yes it is possible that application stops responding the alerts due to high number of traps... but I am not sure if that is the real reason. I also noticed that sometimes it is happening after restart so that is why I updated previous post with a question is there any recommended order in which the services should be started ? Thanks Mateusz
Hi, I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 with DELL OME 2.1 installed. I noticed that from time to time the application stops receiving traps. Application is operational (I am able to log in to app) ... See more...
Hi, I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 with DELL OME 2.1 installed. I noticed that from time to time the application stops receiving traps. Application is operational (I am able to log in to app) but I do not see new alerts on Dashboard. I have a big setup - around 500 discovered devices so we are not allowed to miss any critical trap. When the problem appear all services are running including SNMP Trap service. Database is running on separate Windows 2012 R2 server - MS SQL. To resolve the problem I reboot the server - previously it was helping but now not always, sometimes i need to reboot 2-3 times Is there any dependency between the services? maybe they are starting in wrong order during boot and that is causing the problems ?! DSM Essentials DA Service DSM Essentials Host Service DSM Essentials Network Monitor DSM Essentials Task Manager DSM SA Connection Service SNMP Trap I am not sure where to start troubleshooting... I would really appreciate some help Thanks !
If it is a known issue why it is not documented? Last time when I called them they told me i should contact different number because the MD's are not stored in US, the second number told be that they... See more...
If it is a known issue why it is not documented? Last time when I called them they told me i should contact different number because the MD's are not stored in US, the second number told be that they do not support dell ome request and provide me third number... the last on finally called me but they were not able to understand dell ome related problem, Thanks
HI, I have a huge problem with duplicated MD storage devices in OME. Problem appeared after upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.1. After new discovery process the tool is adding the same MD's again. It looks ... See more...
HI, I have a huge problem with duplicated MD storage devices in OME. Problem appeared after upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.1. After new discovery process the tool is adding the same MD's again. It looks like the problem exist only on MD's which have additional enclosures installed (example MD1200) On below screen you can see that the same device - with same device name and service tag appears dozens of times, added every 1-2 days Thanks !
Unfortunately I have no idea what happens. The admins which should receiving the emails report me that they are not getting anything for few weeks ;> When i was checking the alarm I noticed that I ca... See more...
Unfortunately I have no idea what happens. The admins which should receiving the emails report me that they are not getting anything for few weeks ;> When i was checking the alarm I noticed that I cannot edit few of them, The right click options is not displayed for actions on the left side of the screen. When i right click on any of the problematic four actions nothing is happening, the drop down list works perfectly for others actions The drop down list is available when i am in the email view.... drop down appears but i cannot choose any option. Same as previously everything is working fine for other actions, I only noticed one thing. Below I compare the working action with the problematic ones, some of the settings are missing Working one: Not working one:
Hi, I have a weird problem. I am not able to remove email actions which i configured few weeks ago. I is possible that I am not able to complete the task because the "device query" assigned to the ... See more...
Hi, I have a weird problem. I am not able to remove email actions which i configured few weeks ago. I is possible that I am not able to complete the task because the "device query" assigned to the alarm no longer exist... I am able to right click on the alarm but not able to choose any of the options. Such problem occur on last four alarms from below list. I am able for example to edit first two DELL OME 2.01, server was already rebooted, I tried different browsers, Thanks !
Hi, We are starting a integration of ESXi hosts with DELL OME. I am receiving false SNMP traps from few of the hosts, the fatal errors are even not visible in DELL OMSA hardware/alert logs Below ... See more...
Hi, We are starting a integration of ESXi hosts with DELL OME. I am receiving false SNMP traps from few of the hosts, the fatal errors are even not visible in DELL OMSA hardware/alert logs Below example of host [email notifications which we have set], please suggest what corrective action should be done. Category: VMware ESX Server Source: vmwESXEnvProcessorAlert Example host - R730XD, Bios: 1.2.10, iDrac8 2.10.10.10, Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:11, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 1 Status 0: Configuration Error - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:09, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 1 Status 0: IERR - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:10, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 1 Status 0: Thermal Trip - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:05, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 2 Status 0: IERR - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:06, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 2 Status 0: Thermal Trip - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Device: x, Service Tag:x, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:03:38:07, Severity:Critical, Message:Processor 2 Status 0: Configuration Error - Assert, Severity: Critical, System: 4c4c4544-0036-3510-8032-c7c04f383532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Thanks
I have a problem which I am not able to sort out on my own. To resolve a problem with duplicated MD storage devices (each of the controllers of single MD storage unit was visible as a separate device... See more...
I have a problem which I am not able to sort out on my own. To resolve a problem with duplicated MD storage devices (each of the controllers of single MD storage unit was visible as a separate device in OME) we change the discovery method from DNS to Netbios. Unfortunately this is causing problems with Tape libraries. All DELL ML6000 are visible as single device in OME.... We reviewed the configuration on the tape library end and I am not able to find the "ML6000 Library" name in configuration. Tape libraries are configured to use unique name - Any idea how to separate them ?! Using DNS discovery it is working fine but we are stuck with NETBIOS, - Second problem which I can found, as you can see not all tape libraries are showing service tag, some of them have really poor description in the tool. - Third problem, all of the device names are added as IP's, it is not using the netbios name ========= On below screen you can see all tape libraries, only some of the are showing Service tab, all device names use IP instead of netbios name, there is one "ML 6000 Library" device name which has all different ML6000 configured under single device in dell ome
Hi, We are starting a integration of ESXi hosts with DELL OME. I am receiving false SNMP traps from few of the hosts, the fatal errors are even not visible in DELL OMSA hardware/alert logs Below ... See more...
Hi, We are starting a integration of ESXi hosts with DELL OME. I am receiving false SNMP traps from few of the hosts, the fatal errors are even not visible in DELL OMSA hardware/alert logs Below example of three hosts [email notifications which we have set], please suggest what corrective action should be done. Category: VMware ESX Server Source: vmwESXEnvHardwareAlert Host 1 - PowerEdge R820 - iDrac7 2.20.20.20 - bios 2.3.2 Device:X, Service Tag:XXXXXX, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:01:13:37, Severity:Critical, Message:Disk Drive Bay 1 Cable SAS A 0: Config Error - Assert, Severity: Fatal, System: 4c4c4544-005a-b4c04f533232, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Host 2- PowerEdge R820 - iDrac7 2.15.10.10 - bios 2.3.2 Device:X, Service Tag:XXXXXX, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:01:33:48, Severity:Critical, Message:Disk Drive Bay 2 Cable SAS A 0: Config Error - Assert, Severity: Fatal, System: 4c4c4544-0030-b7c04f533232, Provider: RawIpmiProvider Host 3 - PowerEdge R820- iDrac7 2.15.10.10 - bios 2.3.2 Device:X, Service Tag:XXXXXX, Asset Tag:Unknown, Date:11/13/2015, Time:01:32:27, Severity:Critical, Message:Disk Drive Bay 1 Cable SAS A 0: Config Error - Assert, Severity: Fatal, System: 4c4c4544-0038-c3c04f323532, Provider: RawIpmiProvider
HI, Apologize for late response, I was on holidays,. No there is no packet drops to the sites but the system update is still falling, Thanks !
Hi, Thanks for the answer. I done few tests - when it is falling in troubleshooting tool it does not mater if it is small 1MB file or 100MB file. I was also able to update iDRAC firmware on server ... See more...
Hi, Thanks for the answer. I done few tests - when it is falling in troubleshooting tool it does not mater if it is small 1MB file or 100MB file. I was also able to update iDRAC firmware on server on which it was falling 2h ago [lan speed test shows now 33Mbps] On below screen you can find a result from troubleshooting tool and Lan speed test to the same server. The speed is around 7-8Mbps
HI, I was trying to upload small 1MB files and also big ones 100MB files with the same results using the troubleshooting tool I done a test on 50MB file and the speed is around 7-8Mbps. Above s... See more...
HI, I was trying to upload small 1MB files and also big ones 100MB files with the same results using the troubleshooting tool I done a test on 50MB file and the speed is around 7-8Mbps. Above screen from troubleshooting tool and Lan Speed desk - both tests were done directly from OME server to one of the problematic servers to location \\hostname\c$\windows\temp
HI, I started using System Update to upgrade drivers/firmware on our servers. System Update is configured with latest catalog and in-band upgrade mode. All of the servers has dell OMSA > 7.x instal... See more...
HI, I started using System Update to upgrade drivers/firmware on our servers. System Update is configured with latest catalog and in-band upgrade mode. All of the servers has dell OMSA > 7.x installed. I am using OME 2.0.1 Everything is working fine in most of the enterprise sites but I have few remote sites for which the upgrade is falling. The only difference with the remote site is that they have worse network connection - but still stable. It is also not constant.... yesterday I was not able to patch server i Saudi Arabia, today it was successful, Error which I am getting in scheduled task: Results:  File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The deploy operation failed.  Unable to copy the file to the remote system. Error message:(ID-59)An unexpected network error occurred. Error from Troubleshooting tool Is there any timeout configured for System Update which can be extended? Thanks ! Mateusz
HI, I had similar problem with duplicated MD storage units, go to discovery and inventory -> inventory discovery schedule. Change the Name resolution from DNS to NetBios
HI, I started to using System Update in DELL OME 2.0.1.2222 to upgrade drivers/firmware on Windows Servers. System update is configured with recent catalog and with in-band update mode. My DELL... See more...
HI, I started to using System Update in DELL OME 2.0.1.2222 to upgrade drivers/firmware on Windows Servers. System update is configured with recent catalog and with in-band update mode. My DELL OME server is located in one of the main sites. I noticed that the System upgrade is falling on sites which have poor network connection. Poor means that it is slow but stable. Upgrades to other mains sites or smaller sites with better network connectivity works without any problems Error from scheduled task: "Results:  File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The deploy operation failed.  Unable to copy the file to the remote system. Error message:(ID-59)An unexpected network error occurred" Error from troubleshooting tool: Is there any timeout which can be increased or maybe the problem is somewhere else?! I am doing the upgrade on two same models, with same os version and omsa version and it is falling only on the site with worst network connectivity, Thanks !
Hi, I had similar problem, each of the MD controllers registered as separate device. To resolve the problem we changed the 'Name Resolution' from DNS to NetBios in Discovery Schedule settings - it ... See more...
Hi, I had similar problem, each of the MD controllers registered as separate device. To resolve the problem we changed the 'Name Resolution' from DNS to NetBios in Discovery Schedule settings - it worked for both windows (as cluster nodes registered few different devices in OME) and for DELL MD, Mateusz