Omega_007's Posts

Omega_007's Posts

I upgraded my heatsink to the U016F copper/aluminum model, and I'm now idling in the high 30s instead of mid 40s. I will now stress test and see how high it will go. Update: I finished... See more...
I upgraded my heatsink to the U016F copper/aluminum model, and I'm now idling in the high 30s instead of mid 40s. I will now stress test and see how high it will go. Update: I finished the stress test, and I peaked at 86C which is better than 90Cs, but it's still over Intel's specification of 78C maximum operating temperature.
I just ordered the 130W rated heat sink since I just upgraded from x5650 to an x5690. I'm currently using the 95W rated heat sink, and I idle at 45C. Hopefully, I'll be idling in the 30s when this co... See more...
I just ordered the 130W rated heat sink since I just upgraded from x5650 to an x5690. I'm currently using the 95W rated heat sink, and I idle at 45C. Hopefully, I'll be idling in the 30s when this comes in.
I'm currently using the stock heatsink, and I'm unhappy with idle temperatures of ~45C and intensive task temperatures of 75C-80C, so I want to bring these numbers down. Please note that my previou... See more...
I'm currently using the stock heatsink, and I'm unhappy with idle temperatures of ~45C and intensive task temperatures of 75C-80C, so I want to bring these numbers down. Please note that my previous CPU was an X5650, and I recently upgraded it to an X5690, and prior to the CPU upgrade I was also running the same high temperatures. I googled about these temperatures, and it appears that these temperatures are safe, but I'm still pretty paranoid.  Therefore, I bought the Noctua NH-U12DX i4 which is fully compatible with the LGA1366 socket, but to my surprise, the T3500 uses non-standard parts for mounting the heat sink. I went ahead and emailed Noctua in hopes that they have a mounting solution, but while I await for their response, I'm looking to see if anyone here already has a solution. If there is no way to get the Noctua fan installed, does Dell have a better heatsink thank the stock one that will do a much better job?  
I upgraded my T3500 with a Xeon x5690 successfully on the A17 Bios. It is nice getting performance pretty near to an i i7 4470k at a fraction of the cost. My motherboard is the 9KPNV model which is v... See more...
I upgraded my T3500 with a Xeon x5690 successfully on the A17 Bios. It is nice getting performance pretty near to an i i7 4470k at a fraction of the cost. My motherboard is the 9KPNV model which is v3. Thank you very much for the information.