MacGyverDel's Posts

MacGyverDel's Posts

Thank you. Yes I had accepted that the HD may need replacing. Now it's deciding to spend for a Solid State. :)
Originally after a diagnostic was run due to slow down and random behavior it showed HD error. (error code 2000-0142) validation; 93488 Message; Hard Drive 0-s/n 9vpgkhob short shelf unsuccessf... See more...
Originally after a diagnostic was run due to slow down and random behavior it showed HD error. (error code 2000-0142) validation; 93488 Message; Hard Drive 0-s/n 9vpgkhob short shelf unsuccessful I did some research but was unable to access any of the solutions which included going into "Safe Mode" During one the many times I did get onto my desktop with internet access I had a system error pop up; "ktmw32.dll is missing" My pc is about 2-3 yrs old and I never did a OS backup so ordered the discs from Dell. They came a few days ago but will not work for me. So now I power up, Dell logo comes up then a few seconds later a box; "Windows Boot Manager" Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1- Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your pc. 2- Choose your language settings 3- Click "Repair your Computer" File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Status: 0xc000000f Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.  I have tried to do this but after rebooting with the disc in I get the same message every time. Any help would be appreciated.