Omar Ziara's Posts

Omar Ziara's Posts

Hello everyone Problems: Ctrl Key is pressed but sometimes works, some times it doesn't. (20% chance it doesn't.) Sometimes the "c" is pressed all on its own. Maybe there are other problems, bu... See more...
Hello everyone Problems: Ctrl Key is pressed but sometimes works, some times it doesn't. (20% chance it doesn't.) Sometimes the "c" is pressed all on its own. Maybe there are other problems, but those what I have in mind for now. This has been an issue for quite sometime; first with my XPS 9560 and I've got the same issue on my XPS 9575. When I had XPS 9560, I was blaming my finger that they aren't pressing strongly enough. But this hasn't been the case in the past. What made me rethink it is that the "c" letter gets written randomly or rarely all on its own. When I got the new XPS 9575 (black), I got the same issues on it.  My hands are the same. So, they could be the culprit.  But the "c" that gets pressed on its own, what explains that? It's frustrating experience. I do a lot of typing and I do use ctrl + x/c/v/b a lot of the time and it makes things feel annoying. But I love the machines... Anyone heard of such things before? Any help?
The solution worked for me. It's a downgrade of the Thermal management driver. I haven't experienced any problems since I've downgraded. I've been notified by dell about a newer driver and I've tried... See more...
The solution worked for me. It's a downgrade of the Thermal management driver. I haven't experienced any problems since I've downgraded. I've been notified by dell about a newer driver and I've tried it twice, but I found out they are the same as old one (I had to memorize the bad driver version so I don't upgrade again.) Yes, the laptop was shutting down even as soon as I open a game or even with opening few programs like Chrome with multiple tabs. I've had shut downs as soon as I open Windows as I remember. Now, I haven't gotten any unexplained shut down since the downgrade. I'm really happy with my XPS now, but I would be grateful not to have all these problems in the first place.
want to confirm that the downgrade isn't for the bios. It's for the Thermal Driver. I didn't get the shutdown since the downgrade (like 3 weeks has passed at least.) and I'm the creator of the above... See more...
want to confirm that the downgrade isn't for the bios. It's for the Thermal Driver. I didn't get the shutdown since the downgrade (like 3 weeks has passed at least.) and I'm the creator of the above mentioned topic.  Do it on your own risk. This is a work around that was suggested by one of the XPS owners and wasn't provided by Dell. (Dell still push the update to the latest Thermal driver like they don't know how problematic this driver is, and they don't mind if more people, who haven't yet upgraded, get into this problem.)
Similar to all these complaints from XPS 9560 owners in this topic: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9560-Shuts-down-randomly/td-p/5712086 If yes, check out the last page. There is a ... See more...
Similar to all these complaints from XPS 9560 owners in this topic: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9560-Shuts-down-randomly/td-p/5712086 If yes, check out the last page. There is a work around (driver downgrade.) Read carefully and fully before you do anything. No official response from Dell. Even worse, after you do the fix, you'll keep getting an upgrade for the problematic drive. It's like Dell doesn't care if other XPS 9560 gets the same error but actually encourage them to update to the problematic latest drive despite all these complaints.
Thank you  gauthi3r After buying 2 motherboards for this laptop to get it working again, I'll patiently wait for a fix.
Thank you Sir for the reply. I appreciate it.  What did you do? Have you tested downgrading? (I just don't like the sound of downgrading. Haven't done that before.) 
I have the Dell XPS 15 9560 and I've installed a new motherboard today. The laptop keeps shutting down randomly. Sometimes as soon as an intensive task starts (Unraring, opening 15 chrome tabs all at... See more...
I have the Dell XPS 15 9560 and I've installed a new motherboard today. The laptop keeps shutting down randomly. Sometimes as soon as an intensive task starts (Unraring, opening 15 chrome tabs all at once, or any task that is demanding.)  It shuts down sometimes after few mins and sometimes after seconds. The shutting down looks normal; I get "Shutting down..." screen and no errors or warnings. Bios Version is 1.7.0 (even though the latest version on Dell's website is 1.6.2) I've run Diagnostics (using F12 when the laptop starts) and all tests passed.  Any advice?  
Hello I had a problem with my laptop motherboard back in September, 2017 after a bios update. Tried to get help from Dell, but failed.  I was forced to buy a new motherboard. When I installed the ... See more...
Hello I had a problem with my laptop motherboard back in September, 2017 after a bios update. Tried to get help from Dell, but failed.  I was forced to buy a new motherboard. When I installed the new (refurbished) motherboard, the laptop didn't turn on. 2 amber, 1 white lights show up in the battery charging led. It keeps restarting and is in a loop for ever till the battery runs out. I've read this code indicate a CPU Failure?  I can't ship the motherboard back to the seller (We can't ship any electronics out of my city.) Any ideas how this can be fixed? If someone can provide any guidance, (I'm ready to pay for remote assistance to get this fixed), I'd really appreciate it. I already paid $650 for this new motherboard just because I've done a bios update. I'm out of option but to leave this laptop dead over paying another $650.  
Thanks Alasdair I've sent the service tag as you requested. Regards
Hello community I have the Dell XPS 15 9530. I've noticed writing speeds were pretty low which was around 25mb/sec and never above 30mb/sec. I've faced 3 windows freezes in the past month. I've... See more...
Hello community I have the Dell XPS 15 9530. I've noticed writing speeds were pretty low which was around 25mb/sec and never above 30mb/sec. I've faced 3 windows freezes in the past month. I've had to force shut down (by pressing power button till it turns off) in the first 2 incidents and things went back to normal after starting it again. I didn't turn it off in the 3rs incidence and I let it take it's time. I came back to the laptop like 15 mins later and I've found the laptop has restarted and not able to find an internal drive: "Internal hard disk drive not found".. BIOS can't detect the mSATA drive. mSATA type: Samsung PM851 mSATA 512GB I was copying some large files from external hard disk to the laptop in almost all 3 incidents. It might be due to bad sectors? What's the chance to recover the data? BIOS version: A06 I've run PSA test and the only test it skips is the hard drive as it can't find a hard drive installed. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you
I'm extremely frustrated from DELL. Plenty of problems that have been posted recently are related to the recent BIOS update (laptop not turning on and devices aren't recognized are among the most p... See more...
I'm extremely frustrated from DELL. Plenty of problems that have been posted recently are related to the recent BIOS update (laptop not turning on and devices aren't recognized are among the most popular) More and more problems are still being posted till this date are referring to the Bios update. If you don't have a warranty, you're screwed. I just can't believe I have to suffer this because I had a BIOS Update or whatever reason that caused the laptop not to turn on. Buying the motherboard (YH90J) from DELL would cost me now $1,429 (as their sales reps said. They have offered it for $260 first, and a day later when we wanted to buy it, it became $1,400). If I buy a new XPS 15 for $1,299 , take the motherboard and sell the remaining part, would be a cheaper option that getting a motherboard replacement. www.dell.com/.../fncwxb1610sstud2 My laptop is only 3 months old. Has the highest specs from all Dell XPS series (i7 - 4k - 32GB RAM - 1TB SSD) and here it is, it hasn't been turned on for 2-3 weeks now. It seems I'm going to wait till some more Dell XPS 15 laptops get broken and people start selling their Motherboards for cheaper than they are now. .....
A similar problem popped up for me when I was checking reviews for the New Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming. I hope this topic helps: forums.geforce.com/.../ Please let us know if it fixes the problem (... See more...
A similar problem popped up for me when I was checking reviews for the New Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming. I hope this topic helps: forums.geforce.com/.../ Please let us know if it fixes the problem (this is a temp fix I believe till Dell update the driver).
I bought the laptop by a friend who's in the US from a Canadian Reseller through eBay. I'm fine getting the motherboard to a friend in the US and he can bring it to Gaza. My laptop didn't have a ... See more...
I bought the laptop by a friend who's in the US from a Canadian Reseller through eBay. I'm fine getting the motherboard to a friend in the US and he can bring it to Gaza. My laptop didn't have a warranty when I bought it. I didn't pay attention when I bought it as it won't help anyway.
Hello Dell Community The purpose of this post is to find a way to replace my laptop's motherboard without having to pay a big amount of money. I've bought my Dell XPS 15 9560 laptop 3-4 months ag... See more...
Hello Dell Community The purpose of this post is to find a way to replace my laptop's motherboard without having to pay a big amount of money. I've bought my Dell XPS 15 9560 laptop 3-4 months ago and it stopped turning on around the 11th of Sept, 2017.  I've posted about it here: Audio no longer working. NVIDIA Card can't be detected The laptop had a bios update a week before the incident happened. First, the laptop didn't turn on. Then, after I sent it to a laptop service provider, the laptop started to work but Audio and the Nvidia Card stopped working. Eventually, the motherboard is completely dead. I live in Gaza, Palestine. I can't ship the laptop outside my country due to political problems. (I just can't) I've bought like 4 Dell Laptops for my family since 2015. 2 laptops were mine. I had hardware problems in these 2 laptops. The last one was the above mentioned problem. I simply can't make use of a warranty as I can't ship the laptop out. (I already had hardware problems and the warranty couldn't help me as I needed to ship the laptop). Now, when I called Dell asking for the price of the motherboard for my 3 months old Dell XPS 15 9560, they asked for $1,400 in the last call. In my first call with their technical support, they said it will cost $260 if the laptop is shipped to them but now they're asking for $1,400.  I just don't know what to do. I've tried plenty of things. I've contacted Dell Parts resellers in Israel and they've asked for $1,500 for the motherboard.  Should I buy another laptop? I love Dell and their products, and I don't wish to stop buying their laptops. But, can someone help? It would be great if Dell can sell me the motherboard for a reasonable price.
Hello Thank you so much for these detailed posts. Here is a quick update on what I've been doing the past 2 days. Sorry for not updating you any sooner. - Installed Drivers using Dell Command. No... See more...
Hello Thank you so much for these detailed posts. Here is a quick update on what I've been doing the past 2 days. Sorry for not updating you any sooner. - Installed Drivers using Dell Command. No Success. - Reinstalled Windows. Disabled Firewall. Installed Drivers using Dell Command. No Success. - Reinstalled Windows. Disabled Firewall. Installed drivers in order Manually. No success. Dell Command installed some irrelevant drivers. Nothing Critical. No changes. - Ran Quick Diagnostic Test using Dell Website. - Ran ePSA Pre-Boot Test. All tests passed. No sign of Audio Test or External Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050) - All Windows Updates are installed. Windows is up to date. Ran the test again. Intel Xenon PCLe controller PCI Express Status Test failed . - Advanced Pattern Memory Test. Passed. Failed Test: https://imgur.com/iuMZPA0 Full Dell Diagnostic Test: https://imgur.com/GxnmSzY Memory Diagnostic Test: https://imgur.com/AzagLt4 Advanced Pattern Memory Test: https://imgur.com/YhNjBSL Pre-Boot ePSA results: https://imgur.com/ksd1tG0 https://imgur.com/OPYEfzg https://imgur.com/EUFyjO1 https://imgur.com/SP9qysX https://imgur.com/ZgmT8m6 I'm thankful for your time and input. Regards
ello Dell Community I have a problem with my Dell XPS 15 9560 Laptop which I bought 3 months ago (I've been been using the older version before upgrading - Dell XPS 15 9530.) 2 days ago, after 1 ... See more...
ello Dell Community I have a problem with my Dell XPS 15 9560 Laptop which I bought 3 months ago (I've been been using the older version before upgrading - Dell XPS 15 9530.) 2 days ago, after 1 hour break from using the laptop, I tried to turned it on again, but I couldn't. No light at the power button, no screen, nothing. I've noticed that the charger doesn't show the white light even though the cable was plugged. I've checked the battery level and it was 0 (no lights out of 5) even though it was fully charged an hour ago and it was turned off since the last time I checked. Unplugged the cable, then connected it again with the power source, and the white light indicator was on again. I've plugged it in the laptop, and a light sparked at the root of the screen where the battery is located (seemed like an electric fault).  I took it to a Laptop Repair Service to look into this and he could get the laptop to start. It was something to do with the battery but I didn't know the details.  Unfortunately, Audio and Video Card (GeForce GTX 1050) are no longer working.  Tried to install latest drivers but they didn't solve the problem. I've reinstalled windows and wiped all data. Still nothing.  Some screenshots: Device Manager: https://i.imgur.com/dqrta5P.png Dell Diagnostic Test Result: https://i.imgur.com/peBaZi6.jpg P.S: I've got a notification of the availability of a new BIOS driver a week ago and I've installed it. Not sure if this would be useful info. I've seen a few posts reporting the same turn on issue with the white spark, on a different forum. Any advice for solving this, I'd appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I've been suffering from the same problem for over a month now again. It's very frustrating and I've been hitting the "q" and "w" keys a lot and eventually failing to get them to ty... See more...
Unfortunately, I've been suffering from the same problem for over a month now again. It's very frustrating and I've been hitting the "q" and "w" keys a lot and eventually failing to get them to type (works like 1,2 from 10 tries after pressing the key for a long time.) I've started using the on screen keyboard more often now for these 2 letters and it's really really frustrating. I've been a very fast writer, but now, I've been slow for 2 reasons: 1- I need to find words that don't have these 2 letters 2- I need to use the on-screen keyboard if I have to use these 2 letters. Any help would really be appreciated and would help me make my days less stressful. Thank you all.
I've made a completely new installation of windows 10. I've also upgraded my Kasper Internet Security to the latest version that is compatible with Windows 10. And I've followed some instructions mad... See more...
I've made a completely new installation of windows 10. I've also upgraded my Kasper Internet Security to the latest version that is compatible with Windows 10. And I've followed some instructions made above regarding a keyboard setting in Kaspersky.  Eventually, I haven't had the problem for quite sometime. 
Thank you Sam, but this solution doesn't work here. Have you noticed any lags since your last post? Did anyone else find a solution for this? If yes, would you please share what you did to solve... See more...
Thank you Sam, but this solution doesn't work here. Have you noticed any lags since your last post? Did anyone else find a solution for this? If yes, would you please share what you did to solve this problem, with us? Dell support, may we get your attention here please?
Thank you for reporting the same problem. I hope Dell will solve this soon. Anyone experiencing the same problem, please report here to help push this forward.