MikeyMcG's Posts

MikeyMcG's Posts

Actually... I take that back.  I'm not so sure that the new drivers are available yet for download.   
There are new graphic drivers available from Intel's website to address the Intel Graphics Driver vulnerabilities.   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00189.h... See more...
There are new graphic drivers available from Intel's website to address the Intel Graphics Driver vulnerabilities.   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00189.html We have thousands and thousands of computers that we will need to update.   Have those new drivers been included in Dell's driver downloads yet?  Or would it be better to download the updated drivers directly from Intel's website for now?
It's good to know that we aren't the only ones having this problem.   <spooky Ouija board voice> Now I'd like to call upon the Dell Support spirits of Dell Command | Update..... if any of you are h... See more...
It's good to know that we aren't the only ones having this problem.   <spooky Ouija board voice> Now I'd like to call upon the Dell Support spirits of Dell Command | Update..... if any of you are here among us... please feel free to make yourself known by offering advice to the practicing admins in this room. </spooky Ouija board voice>
I would like to install DCU 3.0 during our Bare Metal OSD deployment in the SCCM Task Sequence.   The task appears to only partially install DCU.  Some of the files are there, but there is no way to ... See more...
I would like to install DCU 3.0 during our Bare Metal OSD deployment in the SCCM Task Sequence.   The task appears to only partially install DCU.  Some of the files are there, but there is no way to launch it... no icon in the start menu. I can use the same installation command on an existing system and it will install completely with no problems.  On a complete installation, there are two listings in Apps and Features: Dell Command | Update Dell Command | Update for Windows 10 When trying to install from a task sequence it only installs the "Dell Command | Update for Windows 10" entry.  I can probably get it to install correctly if I put the install locally on each computer and put something into the RunOnce reg key to kick off the installation... but I don't want to have to do that if there's a better way. Any ideas?    
I think I found an alternate way to set this in the registry. HKLM\SOFTWARE\DELL\UpdateService\Clients\CommandUpdate\Preferences\Settings\Schedule ScheduleMode = ManualUpdates 
With the older versions of Dell Command | Update, I was able to use dcu-cli.exe to import the policy for Command | Update. With Dell Command | Update 3.0 for Windows 10, I can not find a way to impo... See more...
With the older versions of Dell Command | Update, I was able to use dcu-cli.exe to import the policy for Command | Update. With Dell Command | Update 3.0 for Windows 10, I can not find a way to import the policy (XML file) using a command line.  Is this still an option? I have a few thousand machines I'd like to push this to and my goal here is to set the client for "Manual Updates Only".  I'm open to setting this another way if anyone has a suggestion.
Never mind... I was able to figure this out. I was able to get the correct BIOS to install by running the BIOS update and including switches to suppress the interface and override any dependency err... See more...
Never mind... I was able to figure this out. I was able to get the correct BIOS to install by running the BIOS update and including switches to suppress the interface and override any dependency errors:  E7250A19.exe /s /f Once I installed the correct BIOS, everything started working again.  
With one of the recent BIOS Updates (I think A17) the touch screen and all indicator lights on my Latitude E7250 stopped working. And in some situations, the backlight for the LCD doesn't turn on eit... See more...
With one of the recent BIOS Updates (I think A17) the touch screen and all indicator lights on my Latitude E7250 stopped working. And in some situations, the backlight for the LCD doesn't turn on either.  My suspicion is that it may have somehow installed the wrong BIOS update because in WMI, it thinks it is a "Latitude 7250".  This is shown when I run the following from a command prompt: wmic computersystem get model Also, when I try to install the BIOS update for the Latitude E7250, it says it can't install it on a 7250.  I am betting that if I can get the correct BIOS installed, it will fix the problem I'm having with the LCD and drive, power, and other lights. This is a Latitude E7250  - The model number is printed just below the keyboard and it has a docking port on the bottom of the laptop.   Is there a way to force the correct BIOS version to install? 
We have several different models of Dells in our environment and I have KMDF and UMDF both installed in our base Windows 7 image.   We are using the Latitude E8 (A18) driver family pack for our Win... See more...
We have several different models of Dells in our environment and I have KMDF and UMDF both installed in our base Windows 7 image.   We are using the Latitude E8 (A18) driver family pack for our Windows 7 x64 image.  We have several Latitude E7470 laptops with the NVME M2 drives in them and they OK.  But we only have a few of the E7270 laptops and we can't get any of them to load.  It applies the OS and loads drivers and when it reboots, it starts to install the drivers and then it blue screens on the iastora.sys (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and then when it reboots, it comes up with the screen below and never goes any further.  This is the same symptom that you have when you don't have KMDF and UMDF or NVME support installed... and I know we have it installed, because we've been through this with the E7470s. Here's the article we followed with the E7470s:  www.dell.com/.../en Is there a new BIOS setting or a special driver that we are missing for the E7270?