MikeLieberman's Posts

MikeLieberman's Posts

I would try it IF I could find the "current driver." But the BT device does not appear in the Device Drivers applet, at least not in a way I can identify. I am stuck.
Broadcom's drivers on their own website  go up to Windows 8 and stop there. I do see "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe" on my drive but it is not loaded as it does not ap... See more...
Broadcom's drivers on their own website  go up to Windows 8 and stop there. I do see "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe" on my drive but it is not loaded as it does not appear in taskmanager. Windows 10 loaded so other BT code it there, at least it says it has, but I can't find it. According to another post, if I could identify the problem driver, I could remove it and load in the Dell Driver and it will work.
But the problem is not the "card." That is probably fine. It is the driver. So replacing it with what is already there makes no sense. 🙂
Also, for what it is worth, here is a comparison of your BT card and mine. I am not sure I could find a separate but compatible unit.
This is what it takes. For one thing, the screw for the hard drive cover was over tightened and stripped by Dell as I received it years ago. I only discovered it when I tried to remove the cover... See more...
This is what it takes. For one thing, the screw for the hard drive cover was over tightened and stripped by Dell as I received it years ago. I only discovered it when I tried to remove the cover to put in a bigger, faster drive. I gave up. Even if I could get past that, this process requires me to completely dissemble the computer. I am not in all honestly up to it. Your enthusiasm is noted and appreciated. If this was a desktop unit, I would be entirely at ease with the work, but with the Vostro I am not.
You are correct. it is a "card" that is connected to the card that seems to be the audio port card. The manual would require me to disassemble the entire unit. Plus as I am in the Philippines, that c... See more...
You are correct. it is a "card" that is connected to the card that seems to be the audio port card. The manual would require me to disassemble the entire unit. Plus as I am in the Philippines, that cheap ebay offer will not be as economical for me. Still I may, with your suggestion have a way forward, it I want to hire a competent tech to change out the chip, assuming I can find one.  Thanks for your suggesting. I am not sure I want to mark this as answered, as I would like to identify the actual driver in the "device drivers" that is loaded now.
Well I guess I am confused. I have never taken my Vostro 3500 apart but believe the BT is part of the system board. The BT light is lit on the icon panel directly above the function keys on the base.... See more...
Well I guess I am confused. I have never taken my Vostro 3500 apart but believe the BT is part of the system board. The BT light is lit on the icon panel directly above the function keys on the base. So at some level the computer thinks the BT is enabled, but Windows 10 does not give me access to is and does not display the driver, in a way I can identify. I do not want to spend more money on a unit what is four years old, nor would I know how to disable the current BT chips, as I can't find where it is supported in the OS.
I could not find Bluetooth options any more once I upgraded to Win 10. I followed the instructions in http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19652511 but rathe... See more...
I could not find Bluetooth options any more once I upgraded to Win 10. I followed the instructions in http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19652511 but rather than the code installing, I got a message saying that a newer version of the driver was already installed. It stopped the installation. I cannot find evidence of that driver on the system.