habanero56's Posts

habanero56's Posts

Hi, folks. I purchased an E6230 secondhand, less HD. I installed a SanDisk 240GB SSD & upgraded the RAM to 16GB. I loaded W7 Pro 64bit on the machine, loaded drivers per instructions on the E6230 d... See more...
Hi, folks. I purchased an E6230 secondhand, less HD. I installed a SanDisk 240GB SSD & upgraded the RAM to 16GB. I loaded W7 Pro 64bit on the machine, loaded drivers per instructions on the E6230 driver download page, & activated Windows via phone. The audio worked fine until I upgraded to W10. After much fooling around, I reloaded W7P64, drivers, etc. as before. Audio was working fine after opening Sound & checking Speakers as active. Device Manager showed two devices, high-def audio & the Intel IDT. Connected to the internet & Windows downloaded 212 updates, which I proceeded to install. The update installation failed at which point Windows reverted back. After rebooting, the speaker in the system tray has a red X & it only shows three HDMI sources, no speaker or headphones. Device Manager shows only high-def audio, no Intel IDT. I tried to reinstall the audio driver found on the download page but I get a message saying that "the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted". I've tried earlier versions as well. I've tried Googling the problem & have seen that others have had a problem but they seem to have the IDT still available in Device Manager. I'd really like to get this resolved. I like the E6230 & it runs well except for the audio. Thanks in advance for suggestions. E6230 with i5-3340m BIOS version A14, SanDisk 240GB SSD, G-Skill 2x8GB PC3L-12800, W7P64 (less updates), WIFI card, 90W power supply.