the13bats's Posts

the13bats's Posts

Thank you,  a few more questions, To explain, the tower came with no hdds at all the fellow kept them I have like many who play around with old computers lots of old sata drives When i plug the... See more...
Thank you,  a few more questions, To explain, the tower came with no hdds at all the fellow kept them I have like many who play around with old computers lots of old sata drives When i plug the sata drives into sas ports each will get a drive letter And work as if plugged into sata ports? Many thanks
So i can or cannot do what i desire to do?
Posted in wrong section modarator please help and move thread, thanks
So i was given a dell t7500 that i want to use as a desk top It has 3 sata ports one has my os c drive one the opitic drive and One a storage drive  and is working great as a desktop The board... See more...
So i was given a dell t7500 that i want to use as a desk top It has 3 sata ports one has my os c drive one the opitic drive and One a storage drive  and is working great as a desktop The board also has 4 sas ports which i know very little about I Would like to use the sas ports for more sata storage drives, Each with its own drive letter, each with diffrent stuff on them, Is this possible to use sata drives in these sas ports for extra Storage or should i leave the sas ports empty and get a card With sata ports? Thanks B
I needed this info too and this pretty much useless reply from tech pretty much sums up Dell customer service ( lack of ) that is when they do actually reply, once the item is sold Dell stops any car... See more...
I needed this info too and this pretty much useless reply from tech pretty much sums up Dell customer service ( lack of ) that is when they do actually reply, once the item is sold Dell stops any care at all.
I will try a new post and new wording of the problem, I have a dell e6420 xfr and it has built in broadband with dw5800 mini card, I need to it appears to unlock this mini card as it keeps going ... See more...
I will try a new post and new wording of the problem, I have a dell e6420 xfr and it has built in broadband with dw5800 mini card, I need to it appears to unlock this mini card as it keeps going back to version APN when I enter my att APN....so how do I unlock it?
This is just a pointless besides liking it for many years screen saver, the matrix trilogy http://www.thematrixscreensaver.com/ I use the latest version, it installs but when you click preview or... See more...
This is just a pointless besides liking it for many years screen saver, the matrix trilogy http://www.thematrixscreensaver.com/ I use the latest version, it installs but when you click preview or wait for it to auto start nothing a screen flicker or not even that, oh but it plays on my 25 dollar hp pos I built from scratch and my other comps My main furor trying to get it working is also if my comp should support it and the cat that wrote it says it should and my comp doesn't support it then something is wrong with my computer....I am too COD to deal with something not working. lets face it reinstalling drivers from dell isn't easy, the order, the correct driver, having your system scanned or using the service key still in my case will say I need drivers that when I try to install them it will say it cant or that I don't have that hardware, thanks for trying, Cheers, Bats
I have a e6420 xfr that has built in broadband dw5800 g4 and when I got it had a verision sim but I have a data plan with att so I got me a sim from att installed it and att activated it, When I op... See more...
I have a e6420 xfr that has built in broadband dw5800 g4 and when I got it had a verision sim but I have a data plan with att so I got me a sim from att installed it and att activated it, When I opened the mobile broadband list and go to the properties of att the APN is still showing up as version, and when I change it to att it will work until reboot it takes about 10 mins to shut down hitting a blue screen that flashes by too fast to read but says something about a driver power problem. when I get back started the ARN is back to version , I am guessing I have a mess with a couple things, how do I make it stay on att APN and what is the correct drivers I should have for this, what I have isn't happy, Many thanks
Justin, thanks, So any idea why mine is, not to put too fine a point on it, not working with the program that needs it? I did do a clean reinstall of win7 64 and did install the drivers in the or... See more...
Justin, thanks, So any idea why mine is, not to put too fine a point on it, not working with the program that needs it? I did do a clean reinstall of win7 64 and did install the drivers in the order that dell lists, do other drivers have a bearing on the graphics as I am using the latest version of the graphics driver. It seems something is missing on my end of this. many thanks bats
Jesse, while I thank you for your opinion on this after posting it I kept messing with it and guess what like many dell e6420 xfr mine DOES in fact have built in GPS....it's been working great all da... See more...
Jesse, while I thank you for your opinion on this after posting it I kept messing with it and guess what like many dell e6420 xfr mine DOES in fact have built in GPS....it's been working great all day, so I am now curious why you thought that it did not.....
If this laptop came with the gps would it list it in device manager ? thanks Bats
I need what I am guessing is going to be rather basic info for some more tech headed than my self. I need to know if my dell e6420 xfr with intel hd 3000 graphics has or can have openGL which I nee... See more...
I need what I am guessing is going to be rather basic info for some more tech headed than my self. I need to know if my dell e6420 xfr with intel hd 3000 graphics has or can have openGL which I need to run a favorite useless program.   When I install said program a screen saver it will not open and run, just flashes in the screen saver window. I have done a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit, I reinstalled the dell drivers in the order they had listed.   Many thanks for any help as I am in the dark on this openGL thing.
I want to swap out the cd drive for a second hdd on my e6420 xfr Seems ebay is full of generic caddys but which one do I need a few say they will fit the e6420 but do not include the xfr model, som... See more...
I want to swap out the cd drive for a second hdd on my e6420 xfr Seems ebay is full of generic caddys but which one do I need a few say they will fit the e6420 but do not include the xfr model, some have eject some do not ? I would much rather buy it cheap if it's the same generic part but if it's not I need that info too thanks!