klausw's Posts

klausw's Posts

I now tried again - over the course of an hour of suspend the laptop lost nearly 10% of battery power, which never happened before. I checked the logs and the suspension seems to have worked fine. Ma... See more...
I now tried again - over the course of an hour of suspend the laptop lost nearly 10% of battery power, which never happened before. I checked the logs and the suspension seems to have worked fine. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I don't understand what's going on.
I looked, but I couldn't find any relevant info for that day. I'll keep checking though, thanks for the pointer. It happened to me once (but not this time) that the laptop didn't properly suspend, bu... See more...
I looked, but I couldn't find any relevant info for that day. I'll keep checking though, thanks for the pointer. It happened to me once (but not this time) that the laptop didn't properly suspend, but then it really heated up, so I noticed at some point that something was off...
My bluetooth is off by default and the computer is set to go to sleep, yes. In the beginning this was working fine and I didn't explicitly change any settings since then, I only installed a few updat... See more...
My bluetooth is off by default and the computer is set to go to sleep, yes. In the beginning this was working fine and I didn't explicitly change any settings since then, I only installed a few updates as described.
Hey all, I am using the XPS 13 with Ubuntu 14.04 and upgraded the kernel to version 3.19. Except for what seem to be the usual touchpad/keyboard issues everything seemed to be going fine. Now all o... See more...
Hey all, I am using the XPS 13 with Ubuntu 14.04 and upgraded the kernel to version 3.19. Except for what seem to be the usual touchpad/keyboard issues everything seemed to be going fine. Now all of a sudden the battery life has greatly decreased and the laptop completely drains a full charge of battery while in suspend mode for 7 hours. Does anyone have a similar issue? I don't quite know whether this is where the issue originates, but since I had some issues with the laptop not waking up properly from suspend I installed the deb files Dell provided at http://www.dell.com/support/article/SLN297551/en , and ever since then the battery life has been problematic. Does this have anything to do with the thermald/intel_powerclamp modules that user MRC01 noted seem to be counterproductive? Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!