Creech Newsome's Posts

Creech Newsome's Posts

My wife's Studio XPS 8100 Desktop (manufactured 01/04/2011) has been crashing, starting with a flickering screen.  The screen goes blank with a whitish-beige color and is unresponsive.  She turns it ... See more...
My wife's Studio XPS 8100 Desktop (manufactured 01/04/2011) has been crashing, starting with a flickering screen.  The screen goes blank with a whitish-beige color and is unresponsive.  She turns it off and on, and it still stays asleep.  Holding the power/start button down for 30 seconds used to work for a while, but she no longer can recover her machine from a "deep sleep."  While booting, the computer makes a loud humming noise that is not present when it boots normally.  This was happening under Windows 7 Professional OS and has continued under Windows 10 OS.   Before, under Win 7 OS, the hard drive began to get slower and slower to the point I was afraid it was failing, and I replaced it along with updating drivers specified by Dell (see previous posts).  There was nothing available for the video card to update. I read in the community forum that disabling (turning off) the monitor sleep state as well as the computer sleep state was a solution.  That seems to work as long as she never turns the machine off.  If the machine is turned off, as stated in the first paragraph, it takes more and more 30 second cycles to get it to boot normally. Is there a solution for this problem?  What should I do next? Thanks, Creech Newsome 7/5/2016 Liked to never got it to boot this morning,  Finally, it started to boot and I got 7 beeps, it finally booted on the next try.  Looked up Beeps and Error Codes and found that 7 beeps means: 7 CPU Cache Test Failure CPU failure
Ron, The other two drivers loaded and everything seems to be working beautifully! Thanks again! Creech
Ron, I was so giddy over the fact that the Ethernet Controller driver worked that I failed to comprehend the rest of your advice.  It was a long day!  I'm working on the rest of it now. Thanks... See more...
Ron, I was so giddy over the fact that the Ethernet Controller driver worked that I failed to comprehend the rest of your advice.  It was a long day!  I'm working on the rest of it now. Thanks, Creech
Ron, The Driver you provided for the "Ethernet Controller" worked and gave me access to the internet.  I'm in to update 143 of 224 for the OS.  Thanks SO MUCH!  Saved my computer from the Recycling... See more...
Ron, The Driver you provided for the "Ethernet Controller" worked and gave me access to the internet.  I'm in to update 143 of 224 for the OS.  Thanks SO MUCH!  Saved my computer from the Recycling Bin! I posted the devices that needed updated drivers before I received your response, but due to Forum review, they didn't appear until after your response.  You took care of the first one, so the question is do you have a driver for the second device, the "PCI Simple Communications Controller"?  The loaded drivers for it are PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_040D1028 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780 Again, Thanks so much for the Ethernet Controller updated driver!! Creech
I've determined that the "Ethernet Controller" needs updates for these two drivers: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&SUBSYS PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&CC_0200 The "PCI Simple Communications Controller" require... See more...
I've determined that the "Ethernet Controller" needs updates for these two drivers: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&SUBSYS PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&CC_0200 The "PCI Simple Communications Controller" requires updates to: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_040D1028 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780 The problem is that the computer requiring the updates has no internet connection.  So, everything has to be manually done.
Replaced my HDD and after re-installing Win 7 Pro 64 from DVD, I'm unable to connect to my Comcast Cable Modem via Cat 5 cabling - 2 different runs.  The one error I get is "Windows did not detect a ... See more...
Replaced my HDD and after re-installing Win 7 Pro 64 from DVD, I'm unable to connect to my Comcast Cable Modem via Cat 5 cabling - 2 different runs.  The one error I get is "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter.  If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."  As far as I can tell I do not have a network adapter nor can I find any such drivers for this computer.  Before the re-install of HDD and Win 7, the little icon in the bottom right tray was red-xed out, but I was still connecting to the internet.   Even tried starting in Safe Mode with Networking, still no connection.  The only thing loaded on the computer is the OS. Thanks in advance, for any insight!