stephenloosli's Posts

stephenloosli's Posts

Huzzah! Brand new BIOS today! I've flashed it and am running various USB-C adapters on the XPS 15 with absolutely NO fan speed up! I'm going to put those adapters under load and see how everything ... See more...
Huzzah! Brand new BIOS today! I've flashed it and am running various USB-C adapters on the XPS 15 with absolutely NO fan speed up! I'm going to put those adapters under load and see how everything is performing, but much progress made already.
April 11 2016 Update: I've settled in to the following configurations that seem to work fine, even if I have more cables connected to the laptop than I wanted: OFFICE Unless I'm on the road, ... See more...
April 11 2016 Update: I've settled in to the following configurations that seem to work fine, even if I have more cables connected to the laptop than I wanted: OFFICE Unless I'm on the road, I avoid the Thunderbolt port. Although I think the latest drivers and firmware have cured the glitchiness, the always on fan is annoying in a quiet work environment (I haven't bothered with any long term tests to validate that the glitches are gone).  I'm exclusive to the USB 3.0 ports for accessories, using a powered 3.0 hub (Sabrent 9 Port USB 3.0 HUB + 2 Charging Ports with 12V/4A Power Adapter (HB-U930)). Connected to the left USB 3.0 port, I have USB keyboard, mouse, monitor hubs, second camera, and video cards all on that hub. I use the laptop display as my primary monitor, with the laptop sitting on an angled desk stand. I have one external display on the laptop HDMI port and the other on a USB 3.0 video adapter (Plugable USB 3.0 to HDMI 4K UHD (Ultra-High-Definition) Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 3840x2160). From time to time, I add a third external monitor using a Plugable USB 3.0 to DVI 2K adapter. ON THE ROAD On the road - I have every USB-C adapter type I can imagine and the XPS 15 holds up for meetings, specifically driving VGA projectors. I haven't noticed the port glitches since the last driver/firmware update. The kicked up fan speed is still present, but tolerable in those settings. I also have an Anker 3 port USB 3.0 Hub/Gig Ethernet adapter that works great (Anker Model AH212) for faster/secured internet at some clients' locations and a few spare ports just in case. Outside of the Thunderbolt problems, I'm generally satisfied with the XPS 15. My only other issue I haven't had time to dive into is the laptop's attempt to burn itself up when in sleep mode. Since the last campfire attempt, I've just resorted to turning the laptop off.
Downloaded the newest Thunderbolt driver this morning. It MAYBE fixed the occasional outage problem that many are having with Thunderbolt/USB-C port adapters - jury is still out on that. Here is wh... See more...
Downloaded the newest Thunderbolt driver this morning. It MAYBE fixed the occasional outage problem that many are having with Thunderbolt/USB-C port adapters - jury is still out on that. Here is what it DID NOT FIX: The fan speed. No matter what I plug in to that port, the fan revs up and stays up.  I disconnect all USB-C adapters and revert to my USB 3.0 equivalents and everything works fine. I have a 3.0 LAN/Gigabit port and a Plugable 3.0 to HDMI adapter that are working great with no fan revving. The minute I use my USB-C versions, that fan gets spinning. Why? Watching my Task Manager, I can see 1-4% CPU, 20% Memory, 1-7% disk. There is NO REASON for that fan to be running. Until Dell and Intel get that Thunderbolt port dialed in, I'm staying on good ol' USB 3.0. At one level, that is frustrating as I bought the XPS 15 partly because of the promise of the "One port to rule them all."
In my instance, I do NOT close the laptop lid. My laptop is placed directly in front of me and I have one Dell U2515H to my right and one to my left. I have not experienced any issues with the laptop... See more...
In my instance, I do NOT close the laptop lid. My laptop is placed directly in front of me and I have one Dell U2515H to my right and one to my left. I have not experienced any issues with the laptop lid side of this problem.
Further info: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I updated the Intel video driver to the latest direct from Intel by deleting the Dell driver. Didn't help. For now, I've rolled back to the late... See more...
Further info: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I updated the Intel video driver to the latest direct from Intel by deleting the Dell driver. Didn't help. For now, I've rolled back to the latest Dell issued Intel video driver. I rolled back on the nVidia driver to the latest Dell issued version. Didn't help. I've since let that driver automatically update to the latest direct from nVidia. I was hopeful when I saw the new Thunderbolt 3 driver. Didn't help. I noticed that the max resolution on the Dell DA200 "mini-dock" HDMI port is somewhere below that of the dedicated USB-C to HDMI cable. The DA200 didn't reach to the native resolution of my monitors, which is 2560x1440. Disappointed in that, as I liked the idea of it and gig ethernet port running simultaneously. One fact on this front is that when I had the DA200 connected via HDMI to my 3rd screen AND the ethernet port in use, the ethernet port also went flaky when the display events occurred. Really, really strong evidence of a Thunderbolt 3 problem, right? I'd be curious to know if those using the new Thunderbolt docking station have noticed the other ports going flaky during the display events. I've temporarily given up on the Thunderbolt 3 port. I ordered a Plugable USB 3.0 to 4K HDMI that does 2560x1440 at 60 hz (DisplayLink drivers). I've always had great success with my Plugable video cards and, while waiting for UPS, I'm presently using an older Plugable USB 3.0 to DVI unit connected to an older monitor as display #3. No problems whatsoever and no crazy fan speeds. In fact, except for which ports are being used, I'm set up and stable the way I hoped. I have some confidence that Dell will get this fixed. In fact, I kind of blame Intel - it's their chipset and tech. Perhaps that is what I deserve for being ahead of all the accessory set for the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port. I see that even noted Googler, Benson Leung, who had taken it upon himself to 3rd party validate USB-C cables, was burned (literally) when a shoddy cable fried his beautiful Chromebook Pixel and several pieces of kit connected to it. So, I'll fix my immediate problem and wait for Dell to fix theirs. I have plenty of adapters to choose from when that magical Thunderbolt 3 port decides to work (without turning my fan into a drone motor).
After the time spent with Dell Support doing diagnostics and updating video drivers to those official Dell drivers on the support page, my new XPS 15 9550 with 4K touch display continues to struggle ... See more...
After the time spent with Dell Support doing diagnostics and updating video drivers to those official Dell drivers on the support page, my new XPS 15 9550 with 4K touch display continues to struggle when using external monitors. I have two (2) Dell U2515H monitors. I have updated ALL of the drivers and BIOS to the very latest files available on the Dell support page, including the newest Thunderbolt 3 driver. When the laptop is NOT connected to any external monitors, I am NOT experiencing any trouble. When the laptop is connected to ONE external monitor via the onboard HDMI port, I am NOT experiencing any trouble. Trouble begins with the addition of ANY external monitor via the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port. I have experimented with the following three adapters, all producing the same result: Dell USB-C to HDMI (2.0), part number 047KD7 Dell USB-C Port DA200, part number 5KMR3 REVA00 Cable Matters USB-C to DisplayPort First, regardless of which adapter. my laptop ramps up the fan for as long as the adapter is present. Second, although the monitor works with any of the adapters at the proper resolution, all of the screens will go black about every 10-20 minutes and the displays will seem to resize and reset. In this process, about half of the time, the windows open on the monitor connected to the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port will either minimize or relocate to the primary display (the laptop screen). However, the laptop itself doesn't freeze. I tried running a YouTube video through the screen freeze event. The sound continued without any trouble and the video advanced through the timeline and was synchronized to the sound when the displays reset. If I disconnect the USB-C adapter (whichever one), the laptop fan will return to an idle state and the display freezes also stop. I think that the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 driver and/or the external display driver is/are to blame and I strongly urge that Dell get this resolved ASAP. This experience is VERY frustrating, especially considering the premium cost of the XPS 15. I intentionally purchased a top-of-line laptop and fully expect it to be able to at least drive a second monitor with the super magical Thunderbolt 3 port. I am seriously considering returning the device and looking elsewhere.