kallisti05's Posts

kallisti05's Posts

Trying to mix an XPS 13 (9350) with an Akito Node Pro PCIe enclosure.     * Running the NVM26 Thunderbolt 3 firmware - XPS 13 locks up at boot (pre-bios) with the Akito Node Pro attached.   * Runn... See more...
Trying to mix an XPS 13 (9350) with an Akito Node Pro PCIe enclosure.     * Running the NVM26 Thunderbolt 3 firmware - XPS 13 locks up at boot (pre-bios) with the Akito Node Pro attached.   * Running the NVM16 Thunderbolt 3 firmware - XPS 13 boots fine with Akito Node Pro attached.   Dell *really* needs to solve their Thunderbolt 3 firmware issues. On a premium laptop, I really expect better 😐    My next machine won't be a Dell at this point given their sketchy Thunderbolt 3 implementation. Dell, if you're reading this, *PLEASE* update to NVM33 and fix the TB3 issues on the older XPS models!
I have an XPS 13 9350 running the latest Thunderbolt firmware from Dell.  The XPS 13 doesn't boot when a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe enclosure is attached (Akitio Node Pro).  When the TB3 enclosure is plugged... See more...
I have an XPS 13 9350 running the latest Thunderbolt firmware from Dell.  The XPS 13 doesn't boot when a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe enclosure is attached (Akitio Node Pro).  When the TB3 enclosure is plugged in and the system turned on, the front light flashes twice white, three times orange (and repeats several times), then shuts off. I went with the XPS 13 (and it's high cost) due to the TB3 expandability... which seems to be extremely rough. I mean... I guess this explains why Dell pulled their TB15 dock (which I also have, and yeah.. it "has major issues" too).   Honestly, after updating to the latest Thunderbolt 3 firmware, the system seems less stable when hot-plugging the TB3 dock.
We can definitely see things getting better with later BIOS updates.  On 1.3.3, when plugging in my USB-C PD 20v charger, I would see a large number of ACPI faults in syslog. After upgrading to 1.4.4... See more...
We can definitely see things getting better with later BIOS updates.  On 1.3.3, when plugging in my USB-C PD 20v charger, I would see a large number of ACPI faults in syslog. After upgrading to 1.4.4, now I get a "dell_wmi: Unknown WMI event: 0x12"  message which sounds a lot more sane. I just wanted to say thanks to the Sputnik team, you guys are doing a great job minus the pointy bits.  Now... only if I could update the Thunderbolt 3 firmware without trying to figure out how to boot windows from a USB stick 😉