Ed_Luck's Posts

Ed_Luck's Posts

I was told to do a power cycle of the laptop: Remove the battery, remove the memory sticks and finally press the power button for a good 30 seconds. Then wait another 30 seconds before you put ... See more...
I was told to do a power cycle of the laptop: Remove the battery, remove the memory sticks and finally press the power button for a good 30 seconds. Then wait another 30 seconds before you put everything back together.  In another words, just a full CMOS reset. But it worked! After booting the TPM options were back in "Security" in the BIOS. Interesting.  I'd go try that right now if it wasn't for the fact I don't have a torx driver that small!
Sorry guys but none of these posts are helping.  I had no issues flashing the BIOS either back to 1.1.15 or back up to 1.2.10.  The problem is that the TPM hardware device is GONE from Device Manager... See more...
Sorry guys but none of these posts are helping.  I had no issues flashing the BIOS either back to 1.1.15 or back up to 1.2.10.  The problem is that the TPM hardware device is GONE from Device Manager.  Without the TPM, BitLocker won't encrypt the drive. If I go into Device Manager there is no "Security Devices" item in the list, which is where the TPM chip was previously.
This just happened to  my XPS 15 9550 as well.  I had BitLocker enabled using the TPM since June 2016.  I used the laptop over the weekend just gone and when I turned it on this morning (Monday 1st A... See more...
This just happened to  my XPS 15 9550 as well.  I had BitLocker enabled using the TPM since June 2016.  I used the laptop over the weekend just gone and when I turned it on this morning (Monday 1st August) the TPM was gone and I had to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried updating to BIOS 1.2.10 and nothing changed.  I also tried reverting to BIOS 1.1.15 and it still did not work. I honestly suspect Dell has forcibly disabled the TPM chip in this device due to accidentally enabling it when they did not intend to do so in the first place as it is not a "business" device.  This seriously pisses me off because I use it for work and part of the reason I bought it was because I knew TPM worked (after checking other owners for their experiences).
I have a Dell XPS 150 (9550) running Windows 10 Professional which I purchased in late June 2016.  This device has been running BitLocker by using the TPM chip on the motherboard since that date.  Th... See more...
I have a Dell XPS 150 (9550) running Windows 10 Professional which I purchased in late June 2016.  This device has been running BitLocker by using the TPM chip on the motherboard since that date.  This morning July 31st 2016, the TPM chip has disappeared from Device Manager and BitLocker had to be disabled in order for the device to boot. Is there a known issue with the TPM chip disabling?  I cannot see any TPM options in the BIOS which I can alter to try and test if there is a setting which has been disabled.