thedukeofwales's Posts

thedukeofwales's Posts

Hello and good morning If the CPU is running at 100 degrees Celsius then your processor is 212+ degrees (the temperature of boiling water). Personally, I would SHUTDOWN immediately and take it to... See more...
Hello and good morning If the CPU is running at 100 degrees Celsius then your processor is 212+ degrees (the temperature of boiling water). Personally, I would SHUTDOWN immediately and take it to your lab and request another computer. Mark
Hello and good morning Try a reboot and immediately begin tapping the F8 key which will have a black background with numerous choices. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced) which will return y... See more...
Hello and good morning Try a reboot and immediately begin tapping the F8 key which will have a black background with numerous choices. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced) which will return your system back to when it was running at it's best. If this does not work then just do a "fresh install" of the OS which as you know will take some time.
Hello and good morning It is Dell's Policy to send you a "like or better" computer. Considering that your model is older you will most likely receive a refurbished E6540. Inform the Tech Person tha... See more...
Hello and good morning It is Dell's Policy to send you a "like or better" computer. Considering that your model is older you will most likely receive a refurbished E6540. Inform the Tech Person that you WILL NOT ACCEPT anything less because of numerous issues. The newer Latitudes are unfamiliar to me as I have not researched them. I just went to the Dell website and there are NO Latitudes offered. You may ask if there are any refurbished E6540's. A Refurbished computer may either be a return which is thoroughly tested or, for example, a company ordered 50 computers so Dell sends them to the customer. The customer decides that he only needs 40. The 10 remaining computers will be sent back and labeled "refurbished." Once the customer unwraps the pallet they are considered refurbished. I have owned a couple of refurbished/previously owned by someone else and had absolutely no issues.
Hello and good morning If you manually shut down then reboot and immediately start tapping the F12 key which will allow you to boot to either the HDD or arrow down to DVD or CD. What OS do you ha... See more...
Hello and good morning If you manually shut down then reboot and immediately start tapping the F12 key which will allow you to boot to either the HDD or arrow down to DVD or CD. What OS do you have? Do you have the DVD for installing a "Fresh/Clean install."
Hello and good morning Try this which came from Microsoft: 1) In a google search engine type:        getmediacreationtool 2) run 3) you will see:      create iso file for different PC 4) sa... See more...
Hello and good morning Try this which came from Microsoft: 1) In a google search engine type:        getmediacreationtool 2) run 3) you will see:      create iso file for different PC 4) save it to desktop 5) click desktop shortcut 6) download iso file For unknown reasons I only needed steps 1,2,and 3 When completed you will be automatically "activated" for FREE! As I stated these instructions came from Microsoft. However, eventually you will see "reset pc." if you reset then you can NEVER return to a lower version of Operating System. No more Vista, Win7, 8 or 8.1 Once downloaded in the Control Panel you will view Windows 8.1 recovery which you can use to revert to Win8.1
Hello and good morning Restart and when the black display is shown immediately begin tapping the F8 Key. This will take you to a long list of options. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced). ... See more...
Hello and good morning Restart and when the black display is shown immediately begin tapping the F8 Key. This will take you to a long list of options. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced). This is an easy fix and a very good tool to use now and in the future. If you do not get this display then begin tapping earlier. 
Hello and good morning The other reply is "spot on". If you are going to replace the HDD now would be a good time to switch to a Solid State Drive even though they are expensive. However, if Dell... See more...
Hello and good morning The other reply is "spot on". If you are going to replace the HDD now would be a good time to switch to a Solid State Drive even though they are expensive. However, if Dell replaces your hard drive with a new one then you are "good to go."
Hello and good afternoon I do not understand what you mean when you state: The volume up & down and keyboard will be responsive but I cannot wake up the laptop. If the volume control and keyboard w... See more...
Hello and good afternoon I do not understand what you mean when you state: The volume up & down and keyboard will be responsive but I cannot wake up the laptop. If the volume control and keyboard work then you should have a desktop so push the on button for about 30 seconds and pull the battery. If you then have a desktop then restart and begin tapping the F8 and there will be a black display with numerous choices. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced) and this will return the system to normal. Why would anyone want their computer to have a sleep mode. Dell Pro Support recommends to leave the computer booted 24/7/365 so change the settings and set "When closing the lid" and select "Do nothing." There you have it.
Hello and good afternoon I had WIN7 on my Computer and upgraded to WIN 10 and it is, in my view, the best OS Microsoft has ever released. Now, if you want to install WIN 10 do the following: 1)... See more...
Hello and good afternoon I had WIN7 on my Computer and upgraded to WIN 10 and it is, in my view, the best OS Microsoft has ever released. Now, if you want to install WIN 10 do the following: 1) In a google search engine type: getmediacreationtool then run. 2) You will then get: create iso file for different PC > save to desktop 3) click on desktop shortcut that you just created. 4) download iso file 5 Now you have WIN 10. Information Source: Microsoft Corporation. For some reason WIN 10 loaded without steps 3, 4, 5 ? I also reset pc which and have WIN 10 Pro. However, I can NEVER load 7, 8 or 8.1 again which does not matter. Write down the following and you will not have to access the forum as Microsoft Technical Support is FREE!!!!!!! Customer Service: 800-642-7676 Technical Support: 866-425-8809 No offense intended but I have never asked for any assistance with my PC. This is because of excellent tools from Dell and numerous end users fail to use them? Why waste so much time with this forum when everything is so very simple. This is not meant to offend anyone who either post an issue(s) or replies. Ludicrous. Computers may have several issues and Microsoft can connect to your Computer and "FIX THEM." Mark
Hello and good morning There is something most definitely wrong. The other reply sounds "spot on." Apparently you have an "apples and oranges" situation. Did you check with Dell for compatibly?... See more...
Hello and good morning There is something most definitely wrong. The other reply sounds "spot on." Apparently you have an "apples and oranges" situation. Did you check with Dell for compatibly? You should probably change back to the old HDD and if you can get to your desktop then you have more options to troubleshoot the issue. More importantly, wait for other forum members to "chime" in with troubleshooting suggestions. Mark
Hello Personally, I would go with a Precision M6800 that has a 17.3 " Display: You can "customize" it to meet your needs. Go to dell .com and enter in the search box: Precision M6800. There a... See more...
Hello Personally, I would go with a Precision M6800 that has a 17.3 " Display: You can "customize" it to meet your needs. Go to dell .com and enter in the search box: Precision M6800. There are always pre-built versions. You want to pick the system that states "Customize and buy." From there you are off and running to add/change several options, multiple SSD's, huge memory, excellent graphics cards, etcetera. However, you will spend upwards of $7,000 but you will have Dell's best laptop that will last a very long time so the price of the system is cost efficient. Moreover, there is a separate division of Tech Support that is dedicated to the Precision Laptop and Precision Workstations. They do not support any other models. Highly recommended is to choose 5 year Pro Support with NBD onsite service. For some reason there is no "Complete Care" selection which is vital so you may want to call Dell and inquire. Moreover, you can ask if the M6800 will support virtualization. In closing, "you get what you pay for." Mark
Hello and good afternoon Check what your settings are when you push the power button. Also there is links in the upper left corner for more settings as to when to turn of the Display which has a dr... See more...
Hello and good afternoon Check what your settings are when you push the power button. Also there is links in the upper left corner for more settings as to when to turn of the Display which has a drop down menu Your settings may state, "turn off the monitor in 5 minutes." Personally, I chose "Never on both battery and plugged in." You can also change the settings that control when the computer "SLEEPS." I feel that the computer should ALWAYS be booted as you will have far less issues and there is an option for what happens when you close the lid of the system: Do nothing, Shutdown or sleep. And as always restart and begin tapping the F8 key during the "Splash Screen, meaning as soon at the display turns black. Arrow down to "Last Known Good (Advanced) and push the enter key which will reset your system to when all was working normally. It is not a "System Restore" which you may try as well. Pick the farthest date back and click on it. This is derived from the creation of a "Restore Point" created when you download updates when you will view "Creating a Restore Point." Mark
Hello and good afternoon Changing the Graphics Card all depends on the factory installed Motherboard. It may not accept a 4GB or 8GB Graphics Card so you will have to call Dell Technical Support. ... See more...
Hello and good afternoon Changing the Graphics Card all depends on the factory installed Motherboard. It may not accept a 4GB or 8GB Graphics Card so you will have to call Dell Technical Support. Another attempt to correct your black display is restarting and tapping the F8 key during the Splash Screen (the black screen) which is part of booting up. You may have to do this a couple of times. Once you get the black display there will be several options. Arrow down until  the  "Last Known Good" (Advanced) is highlighted and press enter.. This will reset the system when It was running normal. The normal running for 24 hours and then the black screen, In my view only, indicates that your issue is the Graphics Card in normal as it will either work or not work. These are only suggestions and you will receive other replies/suggestions that may fix your issues so I feel that it is a good idea to read ALL of them. Mark
Hello and good morning All of the replies are correct. When someone calls you for information ask them who they work for and inform that you will call them back. In this way you can be sure that it... See more...
Hello and good morning All of the replies are correct. When someone calls you for information ask them who they work for and inform that you will call them back. In this way you can be sure that it is a company that you do business with. "Hackers and Crackers" can access your system even though you "encrypt" your system. A top-rated PAID anti-virus program will help. DO NOT save ANY passwords as most end users use a slight derivative of a password so that they can enter them from memory. I have received calls from Dell on numerous occasions and all were legit. You just have to "screen them." Mark On a humorous note on a list of the top 10 passwords #1 was "password" and #2 was "1234." I could not stop laughing!
Hello and good morning You can narrow the issue down by: 1) Hold the cntrl alt and delete key together and see if the "Task Manager" displays. 2) Restart and begin tapping the F2 key and see if... See more...
Hello and good morning You can narrow the issue down by: 1) Hold the cntrl alt and delete key together and see if the "Task Manager" displays. 2) Restart and begin tapping the F2 key and see if the Setup in on the display. 3) Restart and begin tapping the F8 key and see if the startup options display. 4) Restart and begin tapping the F12 key and see if you get a "one time boot menu." Do not start tapping until just when the blue screen disappears. If all are successful then your keyboard is working and then you can tackle your issue as it is now "isolated." Mark
Hello and good morning My sincerest apologies as my original reply is incorrect. Instead of going to programs and features go to My Computer or whatever the title is as they are different on some... See more...
Hello and good morning My sincerest apologies as my original reply is incorrect. Instead of going to programs and features go to My Computer or whatever the title is as they are different on some Operating Systems. Click on it and there should be your C drive, D drive(possibly) and any external storage devices. Click on the C drive and go to "programs." On that list will be either Tpad or Touchpad and right click on it and a window pops up and you can make all of the adjustments there. Postscript: The Registry Editor information is correct is seeking any "left overs" of Ubuntu. Mark
Addendum to previous reply. I just noticed that you are missing what looks like the "Network Controller" and "Bus Controller" It is just a thought but there may be a conflict between Ubutu and Wi... See more...
Addendum to previous reply. I just noticed that you are missing what looks like the "Network Controller" and "Bus Controller" It is just a thought but there may be a conflict between Ubutu and Win8. In the run box type: regedit which is the Registry Editor. Under the H Key Current User click on it and it will drop down. Select Software and look for any remnants of Ubuntu. If so right click and click delete. Then follow the steps with H Key Local Machine. Be very careful as you can cause havoc on your system by deleting the wrong entry. Moreover, this is the final step in removing a program even though you delete it in programs (Local C:) and also programs and features. Dell recommends never to use the Registry Editor but it works for me; always has. Mark
Hello and good evening On the programs and features it should have a TPad. Right click on it and it takes you to your Touch Pad settings. However, the reply regarding all of those drivers on you... See more...
Hello and good evening On the programs and features it should have a TPad. Right click on it and it takes you to your Touch Pad settings. However, the reply regarding all of those drivers on you snapshot is more than likely the culprit. I see that you have 4 "Unknown Devices" which is not good. You have got to extract all of the drivers for your system to perform as it was in default. Just food for thought
Hello and good afternoon Did you purchase the system new? It should boot with just the AC Power Adapter and no battery. Normally, a battery has only so many cycles (discharge/charge) would be 1... See more...
Hello and good afternoon Did you purchase the system new? It should boot with just the AC Power Adapter and no battery. Normally, a battery has only so many cycles (discharge/charge) would be 1 cycle. I was informed by Pro Support that there are approximately 150 cycles in the life of a battery but this was with a 6-cell battery for a 2005 Latitude D505. The notification of "permanent battery failure" is an indication that it is time for a new battery but it should still operate on the power adapter. If you elect to purchase a new battery buy it from Dell. I fell for the cheap price on eBay and both batteries that I purchased were defective from the "get go." Consider using my mistake in making your choice. Just food for thought
Hello and good morning Whatever you decide purchase a Solid State Drive that is imaged meaning that it is already loaded with programs/updates/software. On second thought I do not know if Dell is... See more...
Hello and good morning Whatever you decide purchase a Solid State Drive that is imaged meaning that it is already loaded with programs/updates/software. On second thought I do not know if Dell is shipping any drives with Win 10; better check. It is your computer but I suggest that you DO NOT purchase a drive from Amazon, eBay or craigslist as I assure you that in a short time it will fail. This has been my experience but I had to "learn the hard way." Food for thought