Awebby's Posts

Awebby's Posts

But I see that have just released a BIOS update to stop this. I have to say I really enjoy this laptop even with the issues I've had, Dell has been very willing to fix them and help.
Not ideal at all 😞 I have spoken to tech support to find out what is normal temps too. Mine recently reached 88 degrees GPU which I hadn't seen before. Still no throttling but it was hot. The bo... See more...
Not ideal at all 😞 I have spoken to tech support to find out what is normal temps too. Mine recently reached 88 degrees GPU which I hadn't seen before. Still no throttling but it was hot. The bottom of the laptop also got VERY hot despite being on a flat surface. I don't mind if this is normal but it seems no one knows. I have noticed that the GPU fan stays off until needed however the CPU is constantly running.  For now I will wait and see what the official advice is. I guess there is a price to pay for a thing and powerful laptop that no amount of engineering can solve yet. Something tech support made me do when solving a different issue was to run the dell diagnostics from the F12 menu (I believe) on startup. This check the fans etc to see if all was working. 
Thanks again for that info. Let us know how the new motherboard performs. I have kept looking and couldn't find the temperature limit for the 960M either. I see the GTX960 desktop version is around 9... See more...
Thanks again for that info. Let us know how the new motherboard performs. I have kept looking and couldn't find the temperature limit for the 960M either. I see the GTX960 desktop version is around 98 degrees. That is very nice of Dell to give you the new board anyway.  I haven't noticed throttling of any kind. I just hear the fan kick in even more at 80/85 degrees and the temperature seems to stabilize. The laptop isn't too hot to touch so I'm hoping this means it isn't too much of an issue. It's frustrating that no one can tell us what limit we should be looking for, especially in such a thin laptop.
I have the same, can also slightly notice it one step up from minimum brightness.....
I haven't seen mine reach those temperatures yet although of course my CPU is weaker/cooler. Do you see any thermal throttling on the GPU, and I guess the fans run at maximum? Thanks for the info, go... See more...
I haven't seen mine reach those temperatures yet although of course my CPU is weaker/cooler. Do you see any thermal throttling on the GPU, and I guess the fans run at maximum? Thanks for the info, good luck and let us know how you get on/what they recommend.
Hi, I recently got the XPS 15 9550 i5-6300HQ and GTX 960M. It's beautiful but when running games it gets hot to touch but not excessive, however I have monitored the hardware temps and it reache... See more...
Hi, I recently got the XPS 15 9550 i5-6300HQ and GTX 960M. It's beautiful but when running games it gets hot to touch but not excessive, however I have monitored the hardware temps and it reaches up to 85 degrees GPU (then fan goes crazy until it lowers again) and 80 degrees CPU. It can sometimes maintain 80 degrees on both for the full session. I appreciate this is when they are working hard but are these temperatures too high for my laptop? I cannot find Dells recommended limits. I have not noticed any throttling. Do other users have any comparable temperatures? For extra info during these temperatures the GPU runs at 100 percent and the CPU on all 4 cores around 70 percent.  Thanks!