PJDyer's Posts

PJDyer's Posts

That is the driver I have been using yes, Windows is fully up to date also.
Booting into safe mode works as it should. I have already tried doing a clean boot as this is how I diagnosed the problem to be with the NVidia drivers, the issue doesn't reoccur until I enable the... See more...
Booting into safe mode works as it should. I have already tried doing a clean boot as this is how I diagnosed the problem to be with the NVidia drivers, the issue doesn't reoccur until I enable the NVidia items again.
Hi, I've tried everything you suggested in your post but the first time I reboot the machine after the NVidia drivers have been installed it once again just hangs on the welcome screen.
I am having some issues with the above laptop, they have the usual integrated Intel GPU and also a dedicated NVidia 840M GPU. After the laptops have been configured (Windows 7) and I install the NVid... See more...
I am having some issues with the above laptop, they have the usual integrated Intel GPU and also a dedicated NVidia 840M GPU. After the laptops have been configured (Windows 7) and I install the NVidia drivers everything works fine for the first few reboots but then whenever I try to log into a user account I just get stuck at "welcome". I have isolated the cause of this to be the Nvidia drivers as if they are not present on the system no error occurs. This is quite a big problem for us as the laptops were bought for users with high spec needs within an education environment. I have tried the drivers supplied with the laptop (372.54) and the latest ones from Nvidia (372.70). Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.