hammi_saif's Posts

hammi_saif's Posts

Hi Mary G Thanks for your reply. I am also considering the same option to abandon my laptop but then I get the second thought that getting a new motherboard will make my laptop as good as new becaus... See more...
Hi Mary G Thanks for your reply. I am also considering the same option to abandon my laptop but then I get the second thought that getting a new motherboard will make my laptop as good as new because I have no other issues in this laptop. Replacing only motherboard more economical solution then replacing the laptop. Please tell me why do you think I should not invest in replacing motherboard only? Any technical reasons?   
Hi Everyone I have been using my dell inspiron 1564 laptop since 2010. It was working fine until yesterday when it suddenly stopped powering on. when I press power on push button nothing happens, no L... See more...
Hi Everyone I have been using my dell inspiron 1564 laptop since 2010. It was working fine until yesterday when it suddenly stopped powering on. when I press power on push button nothing happens, no LED even blinks, it seems like laptop is dead and is not responding to anything. I removed the battery and applied power through AC adapter then only battery LED turns on for a second and then truns off. This happens every time I put adapter cord into DC jack. I have disassembled the laptop and checked that voltage on the DC jack connector pins on motherboard is 19.5V. I even checked the BIOS battery voltage that is 2.8V as I was doubtful about it because my laptop was not showing me correct date and time for quite a while. Please tell me any further tests that I can perform on my motherboard before I get it replaced? Please tell me is it really motherboard fault ? Thank you all Hammad saif
hi natakuc4 you were right ! my Hard drive has failed. I have to replace it now. I ran the Dell Diagnostics by pressing F12 and it gave me the " Hard drive 0 - self test unsuccessful status : 79 "... See more...
hi natakuc4 you were right ! my Hard drive has failed. I have to replace it now. I ran the Dell Diagnostics by pressing F12 and it gave me the " Hard drive 0 - self test unsuccessful status : 79 " message.
Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in  dead state since last one month. I bought this Laptop in 2010 from UK. Everything was ok until last month when fir... See more...
Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in  dead state since last one month. I bought this Laptop in 2010 from UK. Everything was ok until last month when first windows user login screen took extraordinary time to show up and then when I restarted my Laptop Windows refused to start giving me following  error windows failed to start. a recent hardware or  software change might be a cause. if windows files have been damage or configured incorrectly start up can help diagnosis and fix the problem.if power was interpted during start up choose start window normally. From Dell Windows 7 Reinstallation DVD, which came with the Laptop, I made bootable USB (as my optical drive does not work) to reinstall windows but after "window is loading files" screen when I click on Reinstall windows link it stucks there like forever. It just shows message "Setup is Starting Windows". I have waited for 4 to 5 hours but it does not proceed further. Someone please tell me what could be the reason for this. Thank in Advance