Mike9x's Posts

Mike9x's Posts

Hello, I am an owner of Alienware 15r2 laptop with processor intel i7-6700HQ. I am concerned about the recent news with intel CPU's critical issue which fix could impact the performance of the... See more...
Hello, I am an owner of Alienware 15r2 laptop with processor intel i7-6700HQ. I am concerned about the recent news with intel CPU's critical issue which fix could impact the performance of the CPU. Is there any information which CPU's will be affected and how it could affect Alienware laptops? I mean, the Alienware laptops are not one of the cheap ones and in worst case if the CPU will decrease by 30% as the news say the laptop will not be very usefull. Thank you for your time and help Mike 
Hello, I have managed to resolve the problem. After having few more issues with the machine I have tried to do a complete clean install and then download all the software from dell driver site.... See more...
Hello, I have managed to resolve the problem. After having few more issues with the machine I have tried to do a complete clean install and then download all the software from dell driver site. My laptop now works very very well. Regards Mike
Hello everyone, I have managed to fix my issue by downloading an Windows 10 iso file from microsoft, formatting the SSD and do a clean installation of the OS. I have downloaded all the software... See more...
Hello everyone, I have managed to fix my issue by downloading an Windows 10 iso file from microsoft, formatting the SSD and do a clean installation of the OS. I have downloaded all the software needed from my product site. My Alienware 15 R2 works perfectly now. Thank you for your help Mike
Hello johosh, I hope you did not lose hope :-) try to do following: You will need a USB mouse because your touchpad will be without drivers for a while. Go to this website: www.dell.com/...... See more...
Hello johosh, I hope you did not lose hope :-) try to do following: You will need a USB mouse because your touchpad will be without drivers for a while. Go to this website: www.dell.com/.../ -> in the little bar there put in your service tag(service tag is located on the back of your laptop) and click submit. It will open a website with your alienware laptop. On the left side select "Drivers & downloads". Click "find it myself" There should be something like mouse & keyboard or touchpad devices: and download the touchpad driver: my driver for touchpad is called "Synaptics Touchpad Driver" so I guess yours will be the same since we have the same model. IMPORTANT: while you are on the DELL DRIVERS website also download the BIOS update for your laptop. There is a one week old new release and the old version could cause your issues with touchpad - always keep your BIOS updated! But first start with reinstalling the touchpad driver itself. Then when its done...flash BIOS to newer version. You will need your laptop to be plugged to power source once flashing bios. Once you have the drivers downloaded do the following: 1) press start -> to the bar write device manager -> right click on it and press run as administrator: a window will open 2) find "mice and other pointing deivces" 3) there right click on the touchpad driver and select uninstall(tick the option where it asks to remove the driver from PC) 4) reboot your laptop Once you come back to windows, use your mouse to navigate to your touchpad driver you have downloaded and install it. Once its finished, reboot your laptop and try your touchpad. If it works or not, also flash the BIOS to the newer version! I hope some of the steps will help you with your issue. Have a great day and good luck! Regards Mike
Hello, When I got my Alienware 15 R2 I was checking the temperature with CUPID HW monitor. There I could have seen that the GPU NVIDIA GTX 970M is not used untill I start a game. Then I can ... See more...
Hello, When I got my Alienware 15 R2 I was checking the temperature with CUPID HW monitor. There I could have seen that the GPU NVIDIA GTX 970M is not used untill I start a game. Then I can see the GPU there. Until gaming the GPU was off. But today when I started my laptop, the GPU is running since boot. Anybody knows if it is possible to make the NVIDIA GPU idle again until gaming? Thank you very much for your time and help Regards Mike
Hello, I have my Alienware 15 R2 system for about 1 week and I love it! There is one issue tho I am having when I log in to windows. After about 5-10 minutes after entering my PIN and lo... See more...
Hello, I have my Alienware 15 R2 system for about 1 week and I love it! There is one issue tho I am having when I log in to windows. After about 5-10 minutes after entering my PIN and logging to windows the machine suddenly freezes for a while(2-3 sec) and the CPU fan goes to max speed then stops and then the GPU fan. Since then it does not happen at all again. Only when I reboot the laptop. Anybody knows what could it be? I have updated the intel HD 530 driver also the GTX 970M driver. The BIOS version is the newest. Thank you very much for your time and help Regards Mike