surajsahijwani's Posts

surajsahijwani's Posts

I am having Inspiron 5558. You're right, the backlit automatically turns off if the keyboard is not used for a minute or more. This is inbuilt feature provided by Dell to save battery when keyboard n... See more...
I am having Inspiron 5558. You're right, the backlit automatically turns off if the keyboard is not used for a minute or more. This is inbuilt feature provided by Dell to save battery when keyboard not in use.  There is only one way to increase its time i.e. if a backlit supported drivers are available for your series then you can install them and control it from Windows mobility centre. Or else before starting to type again just pass on your fingers from trackpad, that will turn On the backlit again so that you won't miss any words while typing...
Hi, The problem you told that your backlit stays ON for just 10 seconds is a plus point. Recently i formatted my laptop and from that time my keyboard backlit stays ON for 60 seconds. I am seriousl... See more...
Hi, The problem you told that your backlit stays ON for just 10 seconds is a plus point. Recently i formatted my laptop and from that time my keyboard backlit stays ON for 60 seconds. I am seriously fed up of it because it consumes battery and has made battery backup low and also troubles a lot at night time. I think there may be some drivers missing that its not showing an option in Mobility Centre to modify the settings.  I will suggest you to keep the settings as it is. Do not try to format or do System Restore. I'll find out the drivers required for it and will let you know.  For time being there's an option to keep your backlit ON continuously while charging. you can find this option in BOOT menu under Keyboard Illumination using AC Power.