invalidlogic's Posts

invalidlogic's Posts

I have had psmouse blacklisted since I did my own install on my 9360. Blacklisting it was advised back on the 9350 and was on the Arch wiki for the laptop for a while. Unfortunately, my erratic beh... See more...
I have had psmouse blacklisted since I did my own install on my 9360. Blacklisting it was advised back on the 9350 and was on the Arch wiki for the laptop for a while. Unfortunately, my erratic behavior with it has persisted. Someone had mentioned some 3 finger trackpad taps take care of it, but not quite for me. I have found if I put the laptop to sleep and then wake it back up, it clears it up for a while. However I generally just find the 9350 a far more usable machine. My 9360 is past the return period, unfortunately. I may send it in for service, but wouldn't expect much, or will add it to my pile of forgotten hardware.
I ended up toggling some of the mouse options for scrolling and then it seemed to be fine. I didn't dive into any xorg configs or what not.  I ended up installing Arch on it and it worked fine withou... See more...
I ended up toggling some of the mouse options for scrolling and then it seemed to be fine. I didn't dive into any xorg configs or what not.  I ended up installing Arch on it and it worked fine without any tweaking.
I posted about a trackpad issue just a few minutes before you. Mine will sort of freeze, but also seems to think I'm doing gestures and will start switching applications or scrolling a window inste... See more...
I posted about a trackpad issue just a few minutes before you. Mine will sort of freeze, but also seems to think I'm doing gestures and will start switching applications or scrolling a window instead of moving the cursor. Haven't found the cause of it yet... only had my system about an hour now.
I just got my XPS 13 9360 today and have been using it only about 30 minutes, but find the trackpad seems to enter a state of confusion shortly after startup. It has Ubuntu on it from Dell, so expect... See more...
I just got my XPS 13 9360 today and have been using it only about 30 minutes, but find the trackpad seems to enter a state of confusion shortly after startup. It has Ubuntu on it from Dell, so expecting drivers to all be properly configured. After a few minutes, it goes into a state where it is perhaps thinking gestures are in use when I really just have a single finger on it (nothing else anywhere near it). Trying to move the cursor will instead result in scrolling a window, or switching applications (perhaps an alt-tab gesture). Once it does this, there is virtually no recovery except using the keyboard to navigate and to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this? It something I can simply fix myself, or should I RMA it? I have a 9350 with Arch as well, and never had this issue, but I also don't use gestures, so don't know if it is something that'd go away once I put my arch config on it.
Anyone know where the 16gb DE options went? Saw them there a week or two ago, but now that I was thinking of upgrading, all I see are 2 8gb options for Ubuntu. The Configurations page also remove... See more...
Anyone know where the 16gb DE options went? Saw them there a week or two ago, but now that I was thinking of upgrading, all I see are 2 8gb options for Ubuntu. The Configurations page also removed the ability to filter completely... but scrolling through there are 12 configurations, and only the last 2 have Ubuntu and are only 8gb.
Had you tried the Ubuntu 15.10 live CD at all? I got my 9350 yesterday and got right to setting up Arch on it, but hit this exact issue. There is an AUR build script for the drm-intel-nightly build... See more...
Had you tried the Ubuntu 15.10 live CD at all? I got my 9350 yesterday and got right to setting up Arch on it, but hit this exact issue. There is an AUR build script for the drm-intel-nightly build as well, however when I tried that kernel, it wasn't initializing the nvme drive, and when it dropped me into the rescue terminal, the keyboard wasn't working either. So that seems like a no go. But on a whim, I tried booting Ubuntu off a USB disk and X loaded just fine on it, full resolution. Kind of left scratching my head. I love Arch, but contemplating Ubuntu for now just to get around this.