Spacekoekje77's Posts

Spacekoekje77's Posts

Hi @bmcowboy, Thanks for the information, I suspected as much but couldn't find a definitive information. In any case thanks a lot for the confirmation, thank you @JOcean for other solutions. ... See more...
Hi @bmcowboy, Thanks for the information, I suspected as much but couldn't find a definitive information. In any case thanks a lot for the confirmation, thank you @JOcean for other solutions. Regards, John
Hi, I recently bought a 9020 USFF second hand and was looking into adding a mini PCIe card or rather an mSATA SSD, however couldn't really find any specs for the mini PCIe slot except it's a 52 pi... See more...
Hi, I recently bought a 9020 USFF second hand and was looking into adding a mini PCIe card or rather an mSATA SSD, however couldn't really find any specs for the mini PCIe slot except it's a 52 pins, I take it it's 1 lane/usb 2.0, so a Nvme will not work and will be limited to an sata 600 if there's a sata controller connected to it. If anyone has some more information or used it with an mSATA or M.2 that would be great, also if it was bootable from that. Regards, John
Well luckily never had that issue where installing new drivers would mess up my system except once for AHCI driver that I updated which gave some problems but anyway, I usually install new drivers as... See more...
Well luckily never had that issue where installing new drivers would mess up my system except once for AHCI driver that I updated which gave some problems but anyway, I usually install new drivers as in general it addresses issues (bugs etc.) that maybe aren't always as obvious or noticeable. Unfortunately it is not possible to install drivers from Intel directly as those will give you an error message that you have to go to the manufacturer. Thanks for thinking along though. Regards, John
Hi Chris, There wasn't a specific driver issue that I wanted to correct, I have notification set when there's new drivers for my device and received an email stating there was a new driver for the ... See more...
Hi Chris, There wasn't a specific driver issue that I wanted to correct, I have notification set when there's new drivers for my device and received an email stating there was a new driver for the intel HD graphics card so I wanted to install this on my machine, but as I posted up there it fails to do so, again no specific issue I just like to keep my system and drivers up to date. I'm using W10 Home edition, if you want I can send you the installation log.
Hi, Today I downloaded the "new" intel display driver (9343_Video_Driver_RTWTF_WN32_20.19.15.4531_A04) but once it is trying to install the driver it gives me an error that this driver is not made ... See more...
Hi, Today I downloaded the "new" intel display driver (9343_Video_Driver_RTWTF_WN32_20.19.15.4531_A04) but once it is trying to install the driver it gives me an error that this driver is not made for this laptop and I have to go to the manufacturer for the driver ... well I do think I got it from the Dell support page ...... Anyone else encountered this issue and maybe have the solution? - Tried uninstalling previous driver - no success - Always used the dell driver
Well yes, I have been reading lots of manuals and so forth, so while m.2 is PCIe (as far as i could find out) the controller port on the 9343 uses AHCI protocol (SATA port) and doesn't utilize the PC... See more...
Well yes, I have been reading lots of manuals and so forth, so while m.2 is PCIe (as far as i could find out) the controller port on the 9343 uses AHCI protocol (SATA port) and doesn't utilize the PCIe (NVMe protocol), again not sure if a bios update would fix this and if Dell is willing to do this. Basically the M.2 would be PCIe but because the 9343 has only AHCI it means the cards used are AHCI cards that can be used in the M.2 slot. What you can try to be honest is download the driver for nvme Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers. I also read that cloning the drive does not work, you have to do a clean install with the installation usb in UEFI. Hope you will get it to work! Look up how-to-boot-win10-from-samsung-950-pro-nvme-on-superserver on google explains quite a bit aswell. Also I read here and there that the SM951 (AHCI) outperformed the Intel 750 and samsung 950 but that is a bit strange to me as AHCI uses the SATA protocol and is limited to 6Gbps. Regards, John
Indeed, I just read it again if you google search " Booting from SM951 on Dell XPS 13 (2015)? " there is talk about the SM951 working after the A03 BIOS (on PCIe x2) but the manual says it supports S... See more...
Indeed, I just read it again if you google search " Booting from SM951 on Dell XPS 13 (2015)? " there is talk about the SM951 working after the A03 BIOS (on PCIe x2) but the manual says it supports SATA and no mention of the PCIe.
Hi, I was looking into buying that card for my Dell XPS 13, seeing the manual of the 9343 it says SATA nothing about the PCIe, so doesn't seem like it is going to work. Not sure if a BIOS upda... See more...
Hi, I was looking into buying that card for my Dell XPS 13, seeing the manual of the 9343 it says SATA nothing about the PCIe, so doesn't seem like it is going to work. Not sure if a BIOS update would enable this as it seems to depend on the controller onboard of the motherboard, the 9350 seems to have both controllers. M.2 is the physical form factor. SATA and PCIe refer to the storage interface, the primary difference is performance and the protocol (language) spoken by the M.2 SSD. The M.2 spec was designed to accommodate both a SATA and PCIe interface for SSDs. M.2 SATA SSDs will use the same controller currently on typical 2.5 in SATA SSDs. M.2 PCIe SSDs will use a controller specifically designed to support the PCIe protocol. An M.2 SSD can only support one protocol, but some systems have M.2 sockets that can support either SATA or PCIe. Does an M.2 SSD support both SATA and PCIe? No. An M.2 SSD will support either SATA or PCIe, but not both at the same time. In addition, system board sockets will be designated by manufacturers to support either SATA, PCIe, or in some cases, both. It is important to check your system’s manual to verify which technologies are supported; in some motherboards, there can even be sockets that support both and some limited to either SATA or PCIe only. (taken from Kingston M.2 FAQ) The XP941 and the SM951 are similar cards, make sure if you buy either you buy the AHCI version, seems the PCIe (NVMe) will not work, however some posts seem to have the XP941 installed which is a PCIe ssd as far as I know and some are actually saying that they only use PCIe x2 lanes instead of x4 which is strange as it shouldn't be working according the 9343 manual. But you have to check you might actually get the 950 Pro to work if people got the PCIe version working.
Hi, I was planning to buy one of those cards myself, however I found the some conflicting information. So I have been researching this for a while, although it seems the 9343 will not suppo... See more...
Hi, I was planning to buy one of those cards myself, however I found the some conflicting information. So I have been researching this for a while, although it seems the 9343 will not support the PCIe (NVMe) ssd's as it seems to be only SATA (6Gbps / AHCI) in the manual. The 9350 has support for the PCIe (8 Gbps / NVMe and SATA/AHCI). Now I am not sure a BIOS update would change this, the M.2 basically supports SATA and PCIe connections but could be limited to 2 lanes PCIe. So the XP941 from what I could gather is a OEM version of a 840 evo, the SM951 could be a 850 evo but I am not 100% sure if that is a correct assesment and how accurate this is from what I have read, the SM951 is newer but the drives are fairly similar although I think the XP941 is only PCIe. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-sm951-m.2-pcie-ssd,4045.html Although you have 2 versions of the SM951 a PCIe (NVMe) and a SATA (AHCI) drive and you can guess the latter is slower but will work in the 9343. Hope this explains a bit, but it seems the 950 Pro will not work in the 9343 (gutted :( )