KokaneeYYZ's Posts

KokaneeYYZ's Posts

Hello everybody, I have an external USB 3.1 enclosure (Vantec Nexstar USB 3.1, model # NST-270A31-BK) that I am connecting to the USB-C (Thunderbird 3) port of my XPS 13 9350 laptop.  The drive doe... See more...
Hello everybody, I have an external USB 3.1 enclosure (Vantec Nexstar USB 3.1, model # NST-270A31-BK) that I am connecting to the USB-C (Thunderbird 3) port of my XPS 13 9350 laptop.  The drive does not start even after using two different USB 3.1 cables.  I have installed all the USB and Thunderbird drivers from Dell's website and activated the port in BIOS, but still have no luck getting the drive to run. Thing is, when I plug the drive into one of the standard USB ports using a USB 3.0 cable, the drive boots up and is recognised by the laptop with no problem.  So if my troubleshooting was done correctly, the USB enclosure and cabling is not faulty, so the problem must lie with the USB-C port.  Has anybody successfully used the USB-C port to access external storage with any luck? Cheers, Kokanee