SDBman's Posts

SDBman's Posts

I currently have a EVGA 970 SC and it uses at max 170Ws. The card runs fine, but I'm not sure if I've ever hit the maximum wattage. The 1070 looks tempting since it uses less power and still woul... See more...
I currently have a EVGA 970 SC and it uses at max 170Ws. The card runs fine, but I'm not sure if I've ever hit the maximum wattage. The 1070 looks tempting since it uses less power and still would be a significant upgrade. Both the 1080 and 1070 are 10.5" long and I've heard you have to remove the cooling fan to get it in. It's probably best to wait and see if a 9.5" version comes out (which is probably going to happen eventually). I've never used a card longer than 9.5" in my machine. I have the x51 R3.
Did you do a clean install by booting from the USB drive?
Did you download the Alienware drivers first? I've found in the past that you have to do that for the initial install. Then you can use nVidia's drivers after that if you don't do a clean install... See more...
Did you download the Alienware drivers first? I've found in the past that you have to do that for the initial install. Then you can use nVidia's drivers after that if you don't do a clean install. Just go to the Dell support site and find your computer model there. Then you can find the Alienware Video drivers designed for the card.
Do you have access to another computer? If so, you should be able to create a USB boot disk. Basically, you can download the media creation tool for windows 10 on another computer with a USB driv... See more...
Do you have access to another computer? If so, you should be able to create a USB boot disk. Basically, you can download the media creation tool for windows 10 on another computer with a USB drive. I think it has to be at least 4gigs. You can then use that to install windows 10. Here is the link: www.microsoft.com/.../windows10
I know it works on the r3. You need to have the special amp port on your computer. I'm not sure if the r2 has it.