cranard's Posts

cranard's Posts

I guess I've heard enough of the same "almost" answer to my question.  Without the Service Tag from the box or the device, your warranty is null and VOID.  Just be careful out there, and let everyo... See more...
I guess I've heard enough of the same "almost" answer to my question.  Without the Service Tag from the box or the device, your warranty is null and VOID.  Just be careful out there, and let everyone else know how important it is to hold onto that number!!
Unfortunately, it's only a couple months old, I hadn't yet.  I didn't realize the sticker would be so important!  Anyways, the problem with my tablet is one of power, and now, since I don't have any ... See more...
Unfortunately, it's only a couple months old, I hadn't yet.  I didn't realize the sticker would be so important!  Anyways, the problem with my tablet is one of power, and now, since I don't have any way to power it up, and no sticker on the bottom, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do... it would seem a serial number and a receipt aren't enough these days!
If I lose my service tag number is my warranty void?
So, my Venue 8 tablet had an issue with the power port doesn't seem to work anymore (had to jiggle the cord just right for a few days to power it, now nothing...)  It's only about 4 months old and th... See more...
So, my Venue 8 tablet had an issue with the power port doesn't seem to work anymore (had to jiggle the cord just right for a few days to power it, now nothing...)  It's only about 4 months old and the unit does not power up anymore at all, and since the service number was on a sticker, that is now lost.  I've called tech support, and tried using the chat, but without that service tag number they CANNOT (or will not?) help. How can one retrieve this number (remember, no power, no sticker, no box)?  Is Dell's warranty really only as good as the adhesive on a sticker?  I mean, I have the device (with a great big DELL logo on it), I've got a serial number, and I have a receipt, why can't we work from there? If they get it working again, then they can retrieve the precious service tag number.  Isn't that some incentive? help...