cruser51's Posts

cruser51's Posts

Since upgrading to XPS 15 with 4K screen, I've noticed that when watching videos with dark scenes, the results are terrible. The display seems very blotchy as though the screen can't display many dar... See more...
Since upgrading to XPS 15 with 4K screen, I've noticed that when watching videos with dark scenes, the results are terrible. The display seems very blotchy as though the screen can't display many dark shades resulting in mostly the same color being displayed in large portions of the screen.  The videos are not Hi res, just 720P but doesn't seem to mater as it happens on any source video resolution (they look fine on a normal HD screen on a different laptop).  I've installed the latest drivers from the Dell site. Has anyone run into this problem, I'm not sure if its a hardware issue on my system, some setting or a driver issue? Thanks Allan 
My monitor is a DELL U2412M, it has VGA, DVI and DisplayPort inputs, no HDMI.  I'll try and locate a HDMI to DVI cable.  I tried the auto adjust with the TB15 and it made no difference.  I see there ... See more...
My monitor is a DELL U2412M, it has VGA, DVI and DisplayPort inputs, no HDMI.  I'll try and locate a HDMI to DVI cable.  I tried the auto adjust with the TB15 and it made no difference.  I see there are USB-C to VGA adapters available but I'm not sure if the same issue with clarity will happen when using this (is the clarity problem specifically with the USB-C interface) 
I received my TB15 dock yesterday and connected it to my XPS15 9550 allowing me to finally connect to an external monitor,  The monitor is a several year old Dell with 1920/1200 resolution and I conn... See more...
I received my TB15 dock yesterday and connected it to my XPS15 9550 allowing me to finally connect to an external monitor,  The monitor is a several year old Dell with 1920/1200 resolution and I connected it to the TB15 via a standard VGA cable.  I immediately noticed that any text displayed wasn't nearly as crisp as when I use the Monitor directly from an older XPS laptop which has VGA output.  I called Dell Support but other than checking for current version of drivers could offer no suggestions.   I won't be able to use the monitor connected this way as it is far to blurry so will return the TB15.  Is this blurriness to be expected or does anyone have a workaround?  I see comments on some lower priced adapters that the video quality is somewhat degraded when using the usb-c connector but did not expect this from the TB15.  Thanks Allan