WScott66's Posts

WScott66's Posts

I am looking for the below parts, these would be from owners who have converted their Tower Enclosure to Rack oriented. DP/N: 1H97D - Dell VRTX Tower Black Polymer Top Cover Panel DP/N: C5YMH - Del... See more...
I am looking for the below parts, these would be from owners who have converted their Tower Enclosure to Rack oriented. DP/N: 1H97D - Dell VRTX Tower Black Polymer Top Cover Panel DP/N: C5YMH - Dell VRTX Tower Black Polymer  Assembly Door PCIE DP/N: MGGN4 -  Dell VRTX Tower Black Polymer Bottom Cover Panel DP/N: G1P8Y - Dell VRTX Tower Black Polymer  Side Cover  
Robert, Any chance you got to your customers site and picked up the parts and have a price for me? IF you have more than one I am interested in multiple... Just let me know, Thank you, B... See more...
Robert, Any chance you got to your customers site and picked up the parts and have a price for me? IF you have more than one I am interested in multiple... Just let me know, Thank you, Bill Scott  WJScott <@> GreenScott <.> com
Anyone making their PowerEdge VRTX Tower into a rack and wanting to sell the parts I will be more than happy to purchase! If you are willing to part with the pieces please reply/PM and we will work... See more...
Anyone making their PowerEdge VRTX Tower into a rack and wanting to sell the parts I will be more than happy to purchase! If you are willing to part with the pieces please reply/PM and we will work out the details. Thank you, Bill Scott <removed email address>
Ryan, I have reached out to you directly at the provided email.
Never received a reply regarding price or availability.
Ryan, I've been waiting for a response from you for a couple months now. If you have the enclosures and are looking to sell would applicate details as I am interested in purchasing. Thank y... See more...
Ryan, I've been waiting for a response from you for a couple months now. If you have the enclosures and are looking to sell would applicate details as I am interested in purchasing. Thank you, Bill
Ryan, Following up, please let me know a price to purchase. <Name and phone number removed. If you want to exchange personal information do it via private message>
Ryan, Please let me know what you would like for them. I am definitely interested.
Robert, Thank you, Bill
Still interested. 
I presently have drives in slots: 1-4 and 6-9. Activity lights show as activity across the drives happens but the online lights are only on for 1,3 and 1,8. Is there something wrong with the backplan... See more...
I presently have drives in slots: 1-4 and 6-9. Activity lights show as activity across the drives happens but the online lights are only on for 1,3 and 1,8. Is there something wrong with the backplane or is this normal behavior? (Not that I would expect this to be normal...)
Daniel,   There is no other traffic. There is one other node in the chassis and it was running Azure Stack TP3, but the performance was so terrible that I tore it down. This may be a lab... See more...
Daniel,   There is no other traffic. There is one other node in the chassis and it was running Azure Stack TP3, but the performance was so terrible that I tore it down. This may be a lab but I do put it through the ringer. I run reverse proxies, multiple IIS sites, Active Directory, SQL Clustering, etc... the M620s are 2x2660's with 64GB so I am not memory paging as I am under 30% allocated.
Yup, Yup, Yup... using A04 (Latest Custom ISO for install. Drives are shared across 2 hosts. Dell certified drives.
Daniel, Im am waiting for the results from IOMeter, but I can tell you that I have had it running for 2 hours and it has not finished the first pass of 6 on 2 virtual drives attached.
Daniel, Thanks for the reply. For the ESX shared storage I have (4) 9W5WV Dell 1TB 7.2K 6G SAS drives in a RAID5 configuration. The ESX hosts are M620's with 96GB of memory and dual E5-2660 cpu... See more...
Daniel, Thanks for the reply. For the ESX shared storage I have (4) 9W5WV Dell 1TB 7.2K 6G SAS drives in a RAID5 configuration. The ESX hosts are M620's with 96GB of memory and dual E5-2660 cpu's and are not over committed, but the responsiveness of the virtual machines hosted are very slow in responding, especially when reading data from the virtual disks supporting them. 
Robert, Were you able to ask regarding the panels? Thank You, Bill Scott
Has anyone been able to get the VRTX shared Storage to perform? I have seen multiple old threads here from 2014-15 talking about removing the redundant PERC to be able to use write-back caching, bu... See more...
Has anyone been able to get the VRTX shared Storage to perform? I have seen multiple old threads here from 2014-15 talking about removing the redundant PERC to be able to use write-back caching, but I have the current firmware installed and with it write-back and "forced write-back" are available options with the redundant controllers installed (and not disabled), but the performance of the virtual disks (For lack of a better term.) ***! I got better performance from a remote iSCSI array than local storage in the VRTX chassis is providing which is ridiculous! Below is how the VD's are configured (either write-back or forced write-back, but neither provide acceptable performance. Anyone that can provide some advice as to how to get this chassis and its integrated functionality to actually to be usable would be greatly appreciated!   Presently there are 2 nodes used for a VMware 6.5 LAB and the 3rd node is being used for testing out Azure Stack TP3 all of which due to the performance of the chassis is delaying our ability to proceed forward with validating the platforms.
Above is how the drives are configured, and I have to say the performance is less than desired! As you can see with the firmware installed with both PERC8's enabled I can use Write-Thru, Write... See more...
Above is how the drives are configured, and I have to say the performance is less than desired! As you can see with the firmware installed with both PERC8's enabled I can use Write-Thru, Write-Back and Force Write-Back, but both Force and standard write-back have no benefit. write performance is dog slow!
Can anyone tell me if the issues with the dual perc8's has been resolved? I am seeing this presently with the latest firmware installed across the chassis and (3) M620 blades.
console#show run config-file-header v2.0.0.51 / ROS_800_080 CLI v1.0 set system mode L2+ policy-based-vlans inactive @ vlan database vlan 1010,1020 exit voice vlan oui-table add 000181 No... See more...
console#show run config-file-header v2.0.0.51 / ROS_800_080 CLI v1.0 set system mode L2+ policy-based-vlans inactive @ vlan database vlan 1010,1020 exit voice vlan oui-table add 000181 Nortel__________________ voice vlan oui-table add 0001e3 Siemens_AG_phone________ voice vlan oui-table add 00036b Cisco_phone_____________ voice vlan oui-table add 00096e Avaya___________________ voice vlan oui-table add 000fe2 H3C_Aolynk______________ voice vlan oui-table add 001049 Shoretel________________ voice vlan oui-table add 0060b9 Philips_and_NEC_AG_phone voice vlan oui-table add 00907a Polycom/Veritel_phone___ voice vlan oui-table add 00e0bb 3Com_phone______________ ip ssh server ip http secure-server clock source sntp sntp server nist.time.gov no ip telnet server ! interface vlan 1010 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface vlan 1020 name exit ip address 10.10.20.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface gigabitethernet0/1 ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/2 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/3 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/4 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/5 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/6 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/7 ip address dhcp switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet0/8 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet1/1 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet1/2 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged switchport trunk native vlan 1010 ! interface gigabitethernet1/3 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged switchport trunk native vlan 1010 ! interface gigabitethernet1/4 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet2/1 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet2/2 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged switchport trunk native vlan 1010 ! interface gigabitethernet2/3 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged switchport trunk native vlan 1010 ! interface gigabitethernet2/4 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet3/1 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet3/2 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet3/3 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet3/4 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet4/1 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet4/2 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet4/3 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface gigabitethernet4/4 switchport mode general switchport general allowed vlan add 1010,1020 tagged switchport general allowed vlan add 1 untagged ! interface oob ip address 192.168.1.199 255.255.0.0 no ip address dhcp sntp client enable ! exit ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1 ip route 10.10.10.0 /24 192.168.1.1 Default settings: Service tag: SW version 2.0.0.51 (date 04-May-2015 time 10:26:37) Gigabit Ethernet Ports ============================= no shutdown speed 1000 duplex full negotiation flow-control on mdix auto no back-pressure interface vlan 1 interface port-channel 1 - 32 spanning-tree spanning-tree mode RSTP qos basic qos trust cos eee enable