Turboman750's Posts

Turboman750's Posts

Riveredge, You're welcome.  This would be a PR nightmare for Dell if they announced this to the public which is why they're keeping silent.  The laptop is actually an excellent machine, the build q... See more...
Riveredge, You're welcome.  This would be a PR nightmare for Dell if they announced this to the public which is why they're keeping silent.  The laptop is actually an excellent machine, the build quality and performance per dollar is in my opinion one of the best on the market. It's really unfortunate that this is currently happening and I'm hoping Dell and Microsoft iron out these issues sooner rather than later.  Not updating your windows 10 prevents you from receiving Microsoft security updates and leaves your machine vulnerable but until they fix this throttling issue, I would not recommend updating your machine.
This issue is NOT resolved by updating the bios to the latest version 1.0.7. This issue is ONLY resolved by rolling back your Windows OS to a build prior to the Creators Update.
I appreciate your responses but I'm not looking for troubleshooting or a solution - I've already solved it.  I'm posting this to put it out there for those of us who purchased the 7567 and want to ge... See more...
I appreciate your responses but I'm not looking for troubleshooting or a solution - I've already solved it.  I'm posting this to put it out there for those of us who purchased the 7567 and want to get the best possible experience on the machine.  I had to find the majority of this information on a Chinese forum because nobody in the US seems to be troubleshooting this issue. The issue is 100% resolved when you roll back to a previous build of windows 10 prior to the creators update.  Perhaps in the near future, these issues will be gone when Microsoft rolls out new builds.
Post Windows 10 Creators Update, there have been several issues affecting the Dell Inspiron 7567. I've made several posts on this forum and the Nvidia forum outlining my issues: CPU throttling... See more...
Post Windows 10 Creators Update, there have been several issues affecting the Dell Inspiron 7567. I've made several posts on this forum and the Nvidia forum outlining my issues: CPU throttling while system is being stressed (Aida64: CPU+GPU stress test replicates this issue within the first 2 minutes).  See the attached video demoing the issue:  www.youtube.com/watch I've discovered with the assistance of Yan(MELSunny) from this forum (a user who recently purchased the i7 variant of this laptop) that the throttling is caused by the later builds of Windows 10 (creators update).  WIN10 build 14393 is confirmed to be working without these issues. If you expect to play any video games on this "gaming" laptop, you CANNOT update your operating system.  If you enable windows update, Microsoft will pull the latest build immediately causing your system to become unstable and throttle for no reason. I HOPE Dell reads this and works with Microsoft to address this in future Win10 builds.  If any of you are experiencing this issue, roll back your OS or reformat. To disable windows updates do the following: https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/enable-or-disable-windows-update-in-windows-10.html
turns out my solution wasn't actually a solution.  After further testing I noticed that it is a power delivery system issue.
This is caused by a power delivery issue.  Could be driver related. DELL needs to address this.  This is a major issue for this laptop: I've made that allows you to easily replicate the iss... See more...
This is caused by a power delivery issue.  Could be driver related. DELL needs to address this.  This is a major issue for this laptop: I've made that allows you to easily replicate the issue:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM0LkqR94IQ
This issue is actually caused by a power delivery issue.  When the system is under full load, it throttles the CPU.  It would be wonderful if dell would address this.
This issue is affecting all 7567's and I don't understand why people aren't speaking up.  I'm assuming it's because they just don't understand what's happening - or maybe don't notice it. I'm exper... See more...
This issue is affecting all 7567's and I don't understand why people aren't speaking up.  I'm assuming it's because they just don't understand what's happening - or maybe don't notice it. I'm experiencing the same issue see my thread: en.community.dell.com/.../20014655 This is not a thermal throttling issue but appears to be an issue with the drivers/bios version regarding power delivery.
I've tried disabling all virtualization within the bios and completely uninstalling all drivers and pulling the latest drivers from the Dell website.  I've also removed a stick of RAM to run on a sin... See more...
I've tried disabling all virtualization within the bios and completely uninstalling all drivers and pulling the latest drivers from the Dell website.  I've also removed a stick of RAM to run on a single stick and moved all game installs to my primary C:\ drive.  Still experiencing the same issue. I would really appreciate it if Dell could provide a response - it looks to be like there is a CPU power delivery issue related to either drivers or bios, both of which would be handled by Dell.
Hello All, I could use some assistance troubleshooting an issue with my new Dell Inspiron 7657. Specs: i5 7300hq (2.5-3.5) gtx 1050 ti 16gb ddr4 2400 ssd main drive 7200 rpm hdd The iss... See more...
Hello All, I could use some assistance troubleshooting an issue with my new Dell Inspiron 7657. Specs: i5 7300hq (2.5-3.5) gtx 1050 ti 16gb ddr4 2400 ssd main drive 7200 rpm hdd The issue I'm having is the CPU will throttle to below its base frequency while gaming - temperatures do not exceed 70c. See below screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/c1HLJ note: 1st line is CPU, 2nd line is GPU, 3rd line is gpu memory usage and 4th line is fps The difference between 2.3ghz and 3.1ghz in bf1 is a difference between 30 and 60 fps - so this is kind of a big deal when it comes to gaming. I cant seem to be able to find out the solution to this - im running on the latest drivers and bios - ive even installed intel tuning utility and pumped up the cpu wattage to see if it was a power limitation. I could use some additional heads grinding away at this issue. I can't seem to find any related posts online.
I purchased the same laptop and I'm experiencing the same issue. There has been some issue with dell keeping up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers for the discrete GPU (you can't take regular N... See more...
I purchased the same laptop and I'm experiencing the same issue. There has been some issue with dell keeping up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers for the discrete GPU (you can't take regular NV gpu updates from NV experience unless you want to deal with BSOD GPU fatal errors) . From what I have read this notebook employs Nvidia Optimus technology- in short it uses the Intel GPU (on CPU) for low power applications and then seamlessly hands off to the GTX when the workload becomes too much (gaming). There is no way to disable this handoff from within bios NV control panel or windows power management to use only the GTX. Using any other than the dell supplied driver will result in extreme system instability and frequent crashes. Using the dell supplied drivers your new 1050 Ti is about 15-20% lower performing than on the newer (but unstable) NV supplied drivers. This is a huge issue for Dell and I urge them to fix this ASAP for when ACER and Lenovo have their laptops flood the market, there will be absolutely no reason to choose Dell when there is this driver conflict.  Acer and Lenovo machines will perform significantly better and have support for all of the latest games while Dell is stuck with a driver from late 2015/early 2016.
The new Dell Inspiron 7567 is plagued with a BSOD issue when updating the Nvidia video driver. The driver provided by Dell is stable, however does not support the latest and greatest games (BF1 is ... See more...
The new Dell Inspiron 7567 is plagued with a BSOD issue when updating the Nvidia video driver. The driver provided by Dell is stable, however does not support the latest and greatest games (BF1 is a year old and will not launch on Dells driver). I've spoken with several owners of the new 7567 and they are all experiencing the same issue. There has been some issue with dell keeping up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers for the discrete GPU (you can't take regular NV gpu updates from NV experience unless you want to deal with BSOD GPU fatal errors) . From what I have read this notebook employs Nvidia Optimus technology- in short it uses the Intel GPU (on CPU) for low power applications and then seamlessly hands off to the GTX when the workload becomes too much (gaming). There is no way to disable this handoff from within bios NV control panel or windows power management to use only the GTX. Using any other than the dell supplied driver will result in extreme system instability and frequent crashes. Using the dell supplied drivers your new 1050 Ti is about 15-20% lower performing than on the newer (but unstable) NV supplied drivers. Competing manufacturers like Acer do not have this issue and Acers machines will perform significantly better than Dells due to this driver conflict.  I urge Dell to address this issue ASAP for it will cause a very big issue for them in the near future as Acer and Lenovo flood the market with their new systems.