DScott73's Posts

DScott73's Posts

Lol no, no Citrix installed here. That is the first result that usually comes up when searching for issues. I was thinking this had something to do with new Windows update.  Through my troubleshooti... See more...
Lol no, no Citrix installed here. That is the first result that usually comes up when searching for issues. I was thinking this had something to do with new Windows update.  Through my troubleshooting process, the laptop has the latest BIOS available, and the dock has the latest firmware now. After rolling back, everything works fine.
I have XPS 15 9550 and use the Dell TB16 Dock. My system received the Windows 10 1809 update tonight.  After the update, the TB 16 USB ports stopped working. It looks like the ASMedia USB Extended H... See more...
I have XPS 15 9550 and use the Dell TB16 Dock. My system received the Windows 10 1809 update tonight.  After the update, the TB 16 USB ports stopped working. It looks like the ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller has disappeared from the device manager. I attempted to install, reinstall etc the various drivers.  At times the USB devices would come back briefly, but not survive a restart. I would then attempted to reinstall the ASMedia drivers, and run any firmware updates. I found that executing the latest Intel_TBT3-FW_UPDATE_NVM26_FJJK7_A08_4.26.11.001 firmware update would "force" the computer to recognize the ASMedia Controller and the USB devices connected would re-appear and the ASMedia Controller would re-appear in Device Manager. However, still upon a restart, they would disappear. I finally just restored the computer to an earlier image and have deferred any updates for the time being. Has anyone else encountered this issue yet?  
I will try plugging it into the 3.0 port and see what happens. I have another keyboard from Corsair that I tried.  What I noticed when I plugged that one in was, while it did not hang, the back lig... See more...
I will try plugging it into the 3.0 port and see what happens. I have another keyboard from Corsair that I tried.  What I noticed when I plugged that one in was, while it did not hang, the back light for the keys would flicker occasionally.  Come to think of it, i keep trying the same port.  Im going to also try a different USB 2.0 port and see what that does. I have also gotten some windows updates through the Windows Insider Program.  Not sure if that may be the culprit. If anything I will do a clean install of Windows and see if that changes anything.  Making backups between each update/upgrade.
I apologize, that was a typo, there is No Citrix Receiver involved in this issue. Sorry about that!
I have no Citrix Receiver. I have downloaded the latest BIOS/Drivers and installed in this Order: BIOS for System Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update Intel... See more...
I have no Citrix Receiver. I have downloaded the latest BIOS/Drivers and installed in this Order: BIOS for System Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update Intel HD Graphics Driver ASMedia USB 3.0 Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Realtek  USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Edit: No Citrix Receiver involved
I have been experiencing issues with my USB keyboard on my XPS15 9550 w/TB16 Dock when the Logitech G610 USB keyboard is plugged into TB16 USB 2.0 port in the back. The keyboard will hang, acceptin... See more...
I have been experiencing issues with my USB keyboard on my XPS15 9550 w/TB16 Dock when the Logitech G610 USB keyboard is plugged into TB16 USB 2.0 port in the back. The keyboard will hang, accepting no input. or may hang on a certain letter, thus producing an "aaaaaaaa" across the screen until the keyboard "comes back". Keyboard seems to work fine while plugged directly into the XPS15 rather than the TB16. I also have an external USB drive for backups that I use connected to the TB16, although seems to be functioning fine. I have not had a backup fail, so, I assume it is working fine. I have tried downloading all of the drivers, and re-installing them in the proper order according to the documentation while disconnected from the TB16, and then connecting to the dock. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?  Is it the dock or the 9550?