keilo123's Posts

keilo123's Posts

Hi Danny, I had forgotten I had posted here until I was notified of your post. As it happens I found the answer to my problem.  It was unequivocal. As noted above, my ultrabook did not see the... See more...
Hi Danny, I had forgotten I had posted here until I was notified of your post. As it happens I found the answer to my problem.  It was unequivocal. As noted above, my ultrabook did not see the touchscreen at all.  It didn't appear in the BIOS and, not surprisingly, Windows (10) did not see there was a touch screen attached. Quite some time after posting here I spilt coffee on my keyboard.  Despite my best efforts (immersed in rice etc) the keyboard (and touchpad) were dead.  I bought and installed a second had keyboard.  It takes a major stripdown to install the keyboard.  At the end my touch screen worked. It seems many problems can be traced to the physical connection.  My guess is that will include your erratic symptoms. My touch screen now works perfectly.  And I rarely, if ever, use it. Keith
Hi all, I have an XPS13 9350 which I purchased in July 2014.  It's an i7 processor and was bought with touchscreen. For some months I had not used the touch screen until a few weeks ago.  However... See more...
Hi all, I have an XPS13 9350 which I purchased in July 2014.  It's an i7 processor and was bought with touchscreen. For some months I had not used the touch screen until a few weeks ago.  However, when I tried to use the touch screen I found it no longer worked.  On investigation I found that Dell diagnostics didn't even recognise that I had a touch screen. I have done extensive research online but have found no solution.  I have tried the HID power management process to no avail.  In control panel I have no Pen and Touch icons so I assume Windows cannot see the touch screen either. I have read that this issue is related to Windows 10 so it shows that it must be over a year since I last tried to use the touch screen.  Obviously I don't use it a lot but it is annoying that the laptop is not working as specified. Is anyone able to help?
I have exactly the same problem on my 2014 vintage XPS 13.  If you ever received an answer I would be please to know the solution.  Like you, I have drawn a complete blank with extensive google searc... See more...
I have exactly the same problem on my 2014 vintage XPS 13.  If you ever received an answer I would be please to know the solution.  Like you, I have drawn a complete blank with extensive google searches.