sean.melon's Posts

sean.melon's Posts

I have had this monitor for only two months (the second U2913WM I own), and this morning it became totally unresponsive. The current symptoms are as follows:  - it is unresponsive when connected ... See more...
I have had this monitor for only two months (the second U2913WM I own), and this morning it became totally unresponsive. The current symptoms are as follows:  - it is unresponsive when connected via any port, or any computer - Monitor powers on : there's a beep, the 4 function LEDs cycle on and the off, and the power LED lights continuously. The screen is completely black, no back-light or image, and no response from input or function keys. - as such, the monitor OSD/menu is not accessible. - To power monitor off, it has to be done by holding down power button for a few seconds until power-off. Sometimes it just restarts when this is done. - Monitor will not enter Self-Test mode when disconnected and powered-on. I have tried the following: Power-off everything, Power-on later. No joy. Following Dell troubleshooting guide I tried to put the Dell monitor into Self-Test mode, but no joy. Tried a different port connection mini display port, cdmi (I use a MacBook Pro). No Joy Tried connecting the monitor to a different computer. No joy. Model: U2913WM Serial:  CN-05W92N-74445-620-A8EL Rev: A06 Manufactured: Feb 2016 Purchased March 2017 from Amazon (Electronics Deals) I'm working in the Caribbean at the moment - I hope that this is resolvable S