Nexus Moon's Posts

Nexus Moon's Posts

How to uninstall the Mobile Connect driver? I could not locate it.
I recently got a new Alienware 15 R4 and having an issue installing new NVIDIA graphic driver. The installer will give me an error message: " This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this v... See more...
I recently got a new Alienware 15 R4 and having an issue installing new NVIDIA graphic driver. The installer will give me an error message: " This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows". I have never had any problem installing any driver downloaded directly from NVIDIA. However, if I use GeForce Experience, I can install new driver. This only apply to driver upgrade, not down grade.   Anyone have a solution to this?
Hey, the Mod just posted an update on this thread:   https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Laptops/Alienware-Update-App-vs-SupportAssist/m-p/6127009/highlight/true#M15438   Sad part is they di... See more...
Hey, the Mod just posted an update on this thread:   https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Laptops/Alienware-Update-App-vs-SupportAssist/m-p/6127009/highlight/true#M15438   Sad part is they did not mention anything about flashing back old BIOS lol
Hi all, is there anyone out there experiencing issue with their AW 15 R3's battery? I have seen 2 issues so far Battery tray icon shows discharging even though above 90% and plugging in at the time... See more...
Hi all, is there anyone out there experiencing issue with their AW 15 R3's battery? I have seen 2 issues so far Battery tray icon shows discharging even though above 90% and plugging in at the time. After pluging in and play game, battery icon says 100%, but shortly after unplugging it, it drop to 90-95%. I tried reflashing BIOS and updated all the latest drivers from Dell but these battery issues is bugging the heck out of me. The system drains quite fast on battery mode even though I was only having 2-5 Chrome tabs on, writing emails and no other program running at the same time.
I think things turned bad for me since the 1.2.4 BIOS, the 1.3.0 is even more troublesome. You won't be able to downgrade anything older than 1.2.4 FYI. 
I have heard that since the new 1.3.0 BIOS supposed to fix the Intel chip's vulnerabilities, the BIOS won't let user reflash to an older version than 1.2.4. Many people flashed the 1.3.0 but in msinf... See more...
I have heard that since the new 1.3.0 BIOS supposed to fix the Intel chip's vulnerabilities, the BIOS won't let user reflash to an older version than 1.2.4. Many people flashed the 1.3.0 but in msinfo32 it states the version as 1.2.4. I would like to downgrade the BIOS as well since the 1.2.4 and "1.3.0" is giving me issue with the screen resolution. Every time I change my resolution from 4k to 1080p and watch any videos, i.e YouTube on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the screen will flicker occasionally. I will flick when I hit volume and sometimes with brightness keys on keyboard. There are other issues as well and I think the BIOS is not stable yet. Just some of my thought on this :)
I am using the 240W stock brick and I could not believe my eyes that I opened YouTube after playing game and the battery icon said it was discharging....What the **bleep** is going on Dell???
I have heard people saying about revision for this monitor model. I am interested in this, too, but how do I check if the one I am buying is which revision before I buy or after I receive the product... See more...
I have heard people saying about revision for this monitor model. I am interested in this, too, but how do I check if the one I am buying is which revision before I buy or after I receive the product? Is there any designation in the SKU or Model number/code? What is the latest revision as of now?
Don't pay attention to it. If later something happens to our system, Dell/Alienware will have to take responsibility for it.
If you can change to a 15 R4, I think would be better. Dell changed some chipset controller in 15R3 so now they are not updating it as fast as the R4 anymore.
can you share a link to the website of that? I would love to know if they are recalling their mediocre Alienware laptops (15 and 17)
I am using Alienware 15 R3. Dell Driver & Download website just recently has a new BIOS update today, version is expected to be 1.3.0 (current is 1.2.4), and an Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) ... See more...
I am using Alienware 15 R3. Dell Driver & Download website just recently has a new BIOS update today, version is expected to be 1.3.0 (current is 1.2.4), and an Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) update. I initiated driver check using SupportAssist, it found nothing. I manually installed 2 of them. Restarted system. Double check again using Alienware/Dell Update Application also downloaded from the Dell Support website -> it notifies the recomend updates are BIOS and IRST. I feels confused but still update through the Update Application. Restart again and the Update App still telling I need to update those 2. Checking BIOS version using msinfo32: version 1.2.4, date 1/25/2018. Why Dell/Alienware having both SupportAssist and Update App when they cannot update the software/BIOS/Firmware to protect the system against known vulnerabilities?
Alienware or Dell needs to freaking address this BIOS Update issue. It has been going on for a while. Dell supports  website has a banner about the Intel's security flaw and they posted a BIOS update... See more...
Alienware or Dell needs to freaking address this BIOS Update issue. It has been going on for a while. Dell supports  website has a banner about the Intel's security flaw and they posted a BIOS update schedule for Dell/Alienware machines. the AW 15 R3 BIOS is scheduled to be June 26th, however, today is the 28th and yet the schedule does not have any update link for 15R3 like others in the list. There is 1 new BIOS in the driver & download site. It states that it is 1.3.0 version but the system pop-up a warning asking if I want to replace the 1.2.4 with another 1.2.4??? After installing it manually, the Alienware Update software still tell me that my system needs a BIOS update? The information link through it shows that the BIOS is 1.2.4 released in May 2018. I am really **bleep** that Alienware never fixes their BIOS Update system.
Just FYI, SupportAssist has couple plug-in or modules that are installed separately in your machine. I used CCleaner to easily search and uninstall anything relate to "SupportAssist."
Not sure if this help but while I was researching more on this issue yesterday, I found this on Reddit. You may take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/81usda/alienware_faq_please_r... See more...
Not sure if this help but while I was researching more on this issue yesterday, I found this on Reddit. You may take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/81usda/alienware_faq_please_read_before_posting/ I have not used the HWInfo but I feel my AW 15 R3 is hot, even hotter a Dell Inspiron Gaming 7577, at the same screen resolution (1080p) and game setting (Ultra - Epic for Overwatch).
I had an issue before that made me feel SupportAssist is not reliable when it comes to updates and warranty information. When the website says there is update for my model, SA often not showing anyth... See more...
I had an issue before that made me feel SupportAssist is not reliable when it comes to updates and warranty information. When the website says there is update for my model, SA often not showing anything after checking. Either the website or SA would say my warranty expired when I have it until 2020. Sometimes SA display it correct and website is wrong, but most of the time is vice versa, SA is wrong and website is correct. Also, call in to check with the warranty department, they may see different information. You need to confirm and correct with them.
Do you know which temperature is to know it is overheating? Which software do you use? HWinfo?
Since I received my 1st Alienware 15R3, the display itself demonstrated light bleed issue and the bezel has observable gaps - you read it right, gaps - between it and the display panel, which can eas... See more...
Since I received my 1st Alienware 15R3, the display itself demonstrated light bleed issue and the bezel has observable gaps - you read it right, gaps - between it and the display panel, which can easily trap dust and miscellaneous stuffs. So in the process of fixing this, Dell support made exchange and later sent few display assemblies (panel + bezel come assembled) but one after another has suffer that obvious gap and light bleed. They all have a Dell's local technician came on-site to replace the assembly but the tech seemed not familiar with Alienware laptop and each time he broke another thing (not put back the bottom metal panel properly or left a cable (connect to the in-screen WiFi antenna) stuck out of the hinge -> I barely had minimum WiFi connection for weeks). What make the matter worse was when I called the tech as I can still see his car leaving the street, he told me that I need to call Dell to make another appointment for him to come back and fix the cable. After this, Dell required me to send the system to a repair center to replace the screen and the cable. The repair was estimated to be 1-2 weeks for part replacing + quality testing but stayed in the repair depot for about an extra month. So when they send it back to me, I was away from home due to work and now when I opened it, the vent (plastic housing and metal vent plate) is physically damaged and Windows 10 is installed on the hard drive instead of the boot SSD, the SSD is not even formatted to be used. And now they refuse to fix the damaged repair because I was not at home (over 3 months of work travel) to check the system within 30-day of delivery, all because of a month delay in the repairing. All of this create a super frustration for which customer should not experience, especially when they have the Premium Support! I am still in contact with tech support and will see how they will proceed next. But I completely lost faith in Dell and Alienware, from a new unit's quality to the repaired's. I really doubt that I can recommend this brand to my friends and family in the future because if somethings fail, it will be a painful process to fix, no matter what kind of support subscription. Here is my Google Drive for the pictures 
Nope, they won't do that. Though the 120Hz TN panel has a mediocre color quality, view angle, etc. Believe me if you usually play shooting games using the laptop display only, it will make the differ... See more...
Nope, they won't do that. Though the 120Hz TN panel has a mediocre color quality, view angle, etc. Believe me if you usually play shooting games using the laptop display only, it will make the difference. I have use it and now using the UHD (4K) with G-Sync capability and playing games like Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CS:GO) is quite a difference. 120Hz will definitely smoother. But if you can buy right away or save up later, get the IPS panel (4K or 1080p is up to you) for the laptop so you can watch movies/Twitch at high color content and get a separate high frame rate monitor later (120-144Hz is what typical available on the market these days).
From my experience with a Dell Inspiron 7577 bought in U.S and later moved to Vietnam, I reached out to Dell in Vietnam and they told me as long as I have proof of purchase and do the ownership trans... See more...
From my experience with a Dell Inspiron 7577 bought in U.S and later moved to Vietnam, I reached out to Dell in Vietnam and they told me as long as I have proof of purchase and do the ownership transfer form online to move to Vietnam region, they will still honor the warranty. I suggest you ask Dell Brazil directly. By the way, try out with the 1070 driver from Dell Support Site. That one is tested to work with the system already.