Ethan Weegee's Posts

Ethan Weegee's Posts

I would not like to upgrade the BIOS. The reason the motherboard had to be swapped in the first place is because of a failed BIOS update pushed by Dell Update, so I feel more comfortable not touching... See more...
I would not like to upgrade the BIOS. The reason the motherboard had to be swapped in the first place is because of a failed BIOS update pushed by Dell Update, so I feel more comfortable not touching that. The BIOS is on version 3.8.3 right now.
This isn't a huge problem as much as it is annoying. My Dell Inspiron 20 3052's side panel buttons control the brightness and sleep the screen. However, all three of these buttons will occasionally s... See more...
This isn't a huge problem as much as it is annoying. My Dell Inspiron 20 3052's side panel buttons control the brightness and sleep the screen. However, all three of these buttons will occasionally stop working completely, with the only fix being a restart. The motherboard was recently swapped and the issue persists. This must be software. What could be causing it and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Merlins Beard and tbaba, I don't know if it was this thread, but it was said that the BIOS initializes USB deevices later in the boot process; after the computer hangs. So unfortunately, no USB input... See more...
Merlins Beard and tbaba, I don't know if it was this thread, but it was said that the BIOS initializes USB deevices later in the boot process; after the computer hangs. So unfortunately, no USB input is detected.
Yes, I have this problem too. Fortunately, at least one person was offered a free motherboard replacement.
My 3052 has also been bricked. Let's hope Dell fixes it for free; the Dell Update software that was prepackaged, might I say, reminded me to update constantly. So I did... Well, I am not very happy w... See more...
My 3052 has also been bricked. Let's hope Dell fixes it for free; the Dell Update software that was prepackaged, might I say, reminded me to update constantly. So I did... Well, I am not very happy with the update, so 2 stars out of 5.