dng1961's Posts

dng1961's Posts

Dear ejn63, what you Your expectation was not correct !  After procedure (Power on + D), exclamations were there !.  What are the possibilities ?   Update:  I made a clean install of windows 7 hom... See more...
Dear ejn63, what you Your expectation was not correct !  After procedure (Power on + D), exclamations were there !.  What are the possibilities ?   Update:  I made a clean install of windows 7 home premium. Installed all drivers except VGA and system worked. But after installing VGA drivers... BSOD. Of course I know it is not worthy for spending money for reballing or buying new motherboard. It would cost almost the same as a refurbished Latitude of a newer generation.
Hello everyone ! In the topic laptop during startup, initially Dell logo appears (photo1) and then windows (win 10) failed to start (photo 2). The strange is that the one the screen appear several ... See more...
Hello everyone ! In the topic laptop during startup, initially Dell logo appears (photo1) and then windows (win 10) failed to start (photo 2). The strange is that the one the screen appear several exclamation marks (!) in several places in the screen. While booting a live e2b usb, there is a screen like picture 3 Notice: Commencing several reboots, sometimes HDD (Seagate ST9750520AS) is not  seen, but moving HDD to another machine, Hard Disk Sentinel show disk has health / performance 100%. Any replies or ideas of what the issue is, would be highly appreciated. Dionisios.          
Dear Chris, the parts you are mentioning are not sufficient to build a total of 4GB ram. Anyways, for the knowledge of the community, the compatible memory sticks that worked with the dell were S... See more...
Dear Chris, the parts you are mentioning are not sufficient to build a total of 4GB ram. Anyways, for the knowledge of the community, the compatible memory sticks that worked with the dell were SAMSUNG M378T2953CZ3-CE6. (2 sticks x 1Gb each) I suppose 4 sticks of the same ram, should work with the GX620 as well. Kind regards and thanks for the hospitality. Dionisios
If am allowed to publish the service tag of the machine and might could be helpful, i would gladly post it here.
Dear Chris, thank you for your reply ! i was given the machine without HDD and RAM. I plugged in a 2GB ram stick, that was available at the time. I booted the machine with a usb with WIndows PE... See more...
Dear Chris, thank you for your reply ! i was given the machine without HDD and RAM. I plugged in a 2GB ram stick, that was available at the time. I booted the machine with a usb with WIndows PE and this is an excerpt from the systeminfo at the time quote/// System Summary Item                                   Value OS Name                           Windows (TM) Code Name "Longhorn" Preinstallation Environment Version                               6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 System Name                   MININT-IVDS14K BIOS Version/Date           DELL - 7 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07 03/31/06 System Type                     x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 Processor                          Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Windows Directory            X:\windows System Directory              X:\windows\system32 Total Physical Memory (RAM) 1.99 GB Available Physical Memory 1.657 GB Installed Devices Device Class        Device Name                       Device Property Video Controller SM Bus Controller Ethernet Controller Multimedia Audio Controller PCI HOST Bridge RamDisk Video Controller (VGA Compatible) Disk drives             Disk drive Kingston                         DataTraveler 3.0 USB Device /// unquote I have used the variety of the aforementioned ram sticks trying to get the machine to boot after the unsuccessful attempt to install  the Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 which did not work for me. Correction: The beeps are totally 6 long beeps sounding like a cicada (4 in the beginning, longer pause, then 2 more) Additional Info An external power supply was used with the same results. Kind Regards Dionisios
Hi ! I was given a Dell Optiplex GX620 SFF by a friend that was working ok, but... I tried to install a PCI-e VGA card with HDMI with negative results. After removing the expansion card, result... See more...
Hi ! I was given a Dell Optiplex GX620 SFF by a friend that was working ok, but... I tried to install a PCI-e VGA card with HDMI with negative results. After removing the expansion card, results were as follows: Upon powering on the machine screen signal led turns instantly green (as if it gets some kind of signal), but then returns to orange = no signal. I unplugged the HDD and left only one memory stick on the board. A series of beeps (3 followed by 2 was what i could identify) and then looked at the diagnostic lights. Diagnostic lights 3,4 remained on with one ram stick of 512Mb Kingston @ 533 MHz Diagnostic lights 3,4 remained on with one ram stick of 1Gb Kingston @ 667 MHz Diagnostic lights 1,2,3 remained on with one ram stick of 512 Mb Transcend 512 @ 800 MHz Diagnostic lights 1,2,3 remained on with one ram stick of 1Gb Supertalent @ 800 MHz In the meantime i reset the bios following this procedure www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln284985/how-to-perform-a-bios-or-cmos-reset-and-or-clear-the-nvram-on-your-dell-system?lang=en which did not solve the issue. CPU = P4 630/2M/800, I can not tell which bios version the machine has. Any possible ideas would be appreciated Dionisios