DELL-Siba P's Posts

DELL-Siba P's Posts

Hello VSS Rajan, The wireless driver for the 1395 wireless card can be downloaded from here. I hope you have the means to download the driver. Let us know if you need any further help.
Hello mikeynpz, Thank you for reaching out to us and our apologies for any confusion caused by the support teams. We have published an article here to provide you with more details about the recall.... See more...
Hello mikeynpz, Thank you for reaching out to us and our apologies for any confusion caused by the support teams. We have published an article here to provide you with more details about the recall. Dell will replace all eligible hybrid adapters. Please go through the details in the article. I will be happy to look into your concern. Please click on my username and send me a direct message with the serial number(PPID) of the adapter. You will find it next to the QR code and is 20 characters long. I will look forward to hearing from you.
Hello, The temperatures you are seeing are higher than what we would consider standard temperatures. Do you see similar temperatures with other applications? I would suggest you try the below steps.... See more...
Hello, The temperatures you are seeing are higher than what we would consider standard temperatures. Do you see similar temperatures with other applications? I would suggest you try the below steps. If you see no difference after these steps, consider replacing hardware(motherboard and heatsink).  1. Update the video drivers. Intel and AMD. 2. Dedicate AMD to CS:GO and check if that makes any difference. Follow the steps suggested in the solution here. 3. Contact the out of warranty team for hardware replacement if the above fail.
Hello S0ULZ_X, The OptiPlex 380 has an LGA 775 socket while the Athlon 200ge uses an AM4 socket. They are 2 different socket types and are not compatible with each other. Below is a list of processo... See more...
Hello S0ULZ_X, The OptiPlex 380 has an LGA 775 socket while the Athlon 200ge uses an AM4 socket. They are 2 different socket types and are not compatible with each other. Below is a list of processors that have been tested with the OptiPlex 380. Intel® Core2 Duo processor Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Intel® Pentium Dual-Core processor Intel® Celeron Dual-Core processor Intel® Celeron processor Should you require any further details, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Hello Abdul Raheem 19, Overheating is a matter of concern when other symptoms start to show. You may receive error messages related to air temperature or fan or system shutdowns. The temperature can... See more...
Hello Abdul Raheem 19, Overheating is a matter of concern when other symptoms start to show. You may receive error messages related to air temperature or fan or system shutdowns. The temperature can also be a result of environmental factors. Use compressed air to  clean the vents  on a regular basis. Go through the article here for more information and in case you need to contact the out of warranty team, use the contact us button at the bottom of the page.
Hello Booo_kat, Has this been raised with the support team? Drop me a private message with the service tag if you need me to intervene.
Hello Pedro, This can be easily achieved by enabling Gestures in the Dell touchpad setting application. Update to the latest touchpad driver from here. This driver is compatible with both Windows 7 ... See more...
Hello Pedro, This can be easily achieved by enabling Gestures in the Dell touchpad setting application. Update to the latest touchpad driver from here. This driver is compatible with both Windows 7 and 10. Once installed, open the Touchpad options app and go to Gestures. Enable gestures by clicking on the slider button at the top and then enable the two-finger gesture by checking the box to the right. Should you need any further details, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Hello Thomas, The France support team should be able to help you with this. Reach out to them using the contact details provided here. Use the contact number for expired warranty service. They shoul... See more...
Hello Thomas, The France support team should be able to help you with this. Reach out to them using the contact details provided here. Use the contact number for expired warranty service. They should be able to provide you with an approximate price for the component.
Hello Thomas, The France support team should be able to help you with this. Reach out to them at 09 69 39 00 30 between 9am-6pm(Mon-Thu) and 9am-5pm on Fridays.
Hello titomno2 The sim tray's part number is 9NVDY. If you are in the USA, use the contact details here. The team can help you purchase the part. If you are in a different country, let us know and ... See more...
Hello titomno2 The sim tray's part number is 9NVDY. If you are in the USA, use the contact details here. The team can help you purchase the part. If you are in a different country, let us know and I will revert with the available options. DELL-Siba P Social Media Support #IWork4Dell Dell Support Videos Drivers and Downloads
Hello Abdul Raheem 19, Update the BIOS from here. Restart the system and tap F2 to go into BIOS. Expand System logs and clear all the logs. Restart the system and press F12 key on startup - choose... See more...
Hello Abdul Raheem 19, Update the BIOS from here. Restart the system and tap F2 to go into BIOS. Expand System logs and clear all the logs. Restart the system and press F12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diagnostics and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possibly pick some error if the hardware is not functional. Should you require any further details, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.
Hello Booo_kat, I am glad an engineer has been called out already. This could be either a faulty battery cable or motherboard connector. Have you tried swapping the battery with a working machine? T... See more...
Hello Booo_kat, I am glad an engineer has been called out already. This could be either a faulty battery cable or motherboard connector. Have you tried swapping the battery with a working machine? That should help you isolate the faulty component. Should you need any further help, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Hello BILLWX, The E6440 can support up to 4th Generation Intel® CoreTM up to i7 processors and it requires a T8 Torx for removal.
Hello BCOSSART, Could you send me a direct message with the machine's service tag? I will need to look at the configuration and warranty details before I can advise you further. Please click my DEL... See more...
Hello BCOSSART, Could you send me a direct message with the machine's service tag? I will need to look at the configuration and warranty details before I can advise you further. Please click my DELL-username and write me a private message.
Hello SWEENGAU, I can look into this for you. Could you please click my username and send me a direct message with the service tag or case reference? Let me review the case and get in touch with the... See more...
Hello SWEENGAU, I can look into this for you. Could you please click my username and send me a direct message with the service tag or case reference? Let me review the case and get in touch with the teams involved to get this expedited. I will look forward to hear from you.
Hello GigaNibble, The issue might be related to the DC in port or the adapters itself. I am assuming the adapters you have tested all work fine. Ensure the battery is securely connected and the scre... See more...
Hello GigaNibble, The issue might be related to the DC in port or the adapters itself. I am assuming the adapters you have tested all work fine. Ensure the battery is securely connected and the screws are in place. At the point when you have the error comes up, reboot into BIOS and check the status of adapter. You will find the adapter status under Battery information. If it says unknown and the connected adapter works fine on another machine, then the DC in port needs replacing. If you continue to face issues, replace the motherboard.
Hello Vhaughn, The OptiPlex 3020 supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory in 2X4GB configuration and the supported memory speed is 1600MHz. It does not support 1866MHz. Below are the possible memory configur... See more...
Hello Vhaughn, The OptiPlex 3020 supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory in 2X4GB configuration and the supported memory speed is 1600MHz. It does not support 1866MHz. Below are the possible memory configurations, 8GB DDR3, 1600MHz, (2 x 4GB) 4GB DDR3, 1600MHz, (2 x 2GB) 4GB DDR3, 1600MHz, (1 x 4GB) 2GB DDR3, 1600MHz, (1 x 2GB)
Hello split85, Have you tried uninstall, delete and then reinstall the network card drivers? Once you have done that, right click on the card driver in device manager ad click Properties. Go to the... See more...
Hello split85, Have you tried uninstall, delete and then reinstall the network card drivers? Once you have done that, right click on the card driver in device manager ad click Properties. Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. Click Ok and then reboot. Let me know.
Hello Nigel4959, This might happen if you are using the USB 3.0 ports, as Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.0. Use the USB 2.0 ports at the rear(beside the LAN port) to install the OS. I ho... See more...
Hello Nigel4959, This might happen if you are using the USB 3.0 ports, as Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.0. Use the USB 2.0 ports at the rear(beside the LAN port) to install the OS. I hope this helps.
Hello split85, This might be caused by the Airplane mode switch driver. Go to Device manager and expand Human Interface devices. Uninstall and delete Airplane Mode Switch and Airplane Mode Switch Co... See more...
Hello split85, This might be caused by the Airplane mode switch driver. Go to Device manager and expand Human Interface devices. Uninstall and delete Airplane Mode Switch and Airplane Mode Switch Collection. Reboot the machine. Download and install the driver from here and reboot again. I hope this helps.