CFerreira's Posts

CFerreira's Posts

I have had a similar problem for months and it has become worse over time. I got a new touchpad and was going to install it when, by chance I realized when I opened the machine that the screws in the... See more...
I have had a similar problem for months and it has become worse over time. I got a new touchpad and was going to install it when, by chance I realized when I opened the machine that the screws in the area under the touchpad were under a lot of pressure from the battery. When I unscrewed the four screws and realeased the pressure the old touchpad came back to life beautifully and the right and left click that were stiff started working like when the machine was new. I have been using the laptop now for over a month with a 5 mm gap under the touchpad area and never had a single problem again. So, it is definitely a hardware packing design problem. I wonder if it is aggravated by the battery swelling with age.
Hi, To me it looks like the keyboard is functioning as expected. As I understand it, the US International keyboard supports accentuation of vowels. As such the keys providing accent are dead keys o... See more...
Hi, To me it looks like the keyboard is functioning as expected. As I understand it, the US International keyboard supports accentuation of vowels. As such the keys providing accent are dead keys on the first stroke waiting for the vowel on the second stoke to create an accented letter. The single quote is actually used as the accent acute, and the double quotes is used as the umlaut. The same happens to the accent grave and tilde key, and to the accent circumflex key. Should you want to use the key you mentioned for quotes, you should press it and follow with a touch on the space bar.
I have the same problem with my touchpad. It started with the left click failing at times, and then failing more, and more, until now when I can rarely make it work no matter how much pressure I put ... See more...
I have the same problem with my touchpad. It started with the left click failing at times, and then failing more, and more, until now when I can rarely make it work no matter how much pressure I put on it. How can we address this? My computer is now out of the warranty period.
Can you confirm whether these screws will fit the XPS 15 model 9350? The original screws are torx head and it would be really nice if there is a Phillips equivalent.  Thank you.
I have a similar problem. Please let us know if you found a reasonable cost supplier for these screws. I wonder if Phillips type replacement is available.  Thanks.
This message from Quickset is a true annoyance and it may not been at all correct. First, contrary to the message the system continues to charge without any problems under the 90W charger (perhaps it... See more...
This message from Quickset is a true annoyance and it may not been at all correct. First, contrary to the message the system continues to charge without any problems under the 90W charger (perhaps it does not charge as quickly but it charges fine.)  Second, there is no detectable impact on benchmark tests (perhaps there may be an impact under heavier workloads.) Under normal conditions it looks like the 90W charger seems to be good enough and encourages recycling of older equipment, which is quite considerate of our environment. Any solution short of removing Quickset would be appreciated.
The link is not working for me.  Would you please e-mail me the wallpaper to cdcferreira@gmail.com.  Thanks a million.
I have similar problems with my drive.  It passes all diagnostic tests but still every once in a while it fails reading a CD.  Yesterday I got a new TurboTax CD and the drive was unable to read ... See more...
I have similar problems with my drive.  It passes all diagnostic tests but still every once in a while it fails reading a CD.  Yesterday I got a new TurboTax CD and the drive was unable to read it.  After trying 10 times and having it fail consistently, I had to take the CD to my desktop and copy it to new +R CD, which was read without any problems.  I understand from friends who have the same drive on Mac's that Apple has issued a new microcode and driver that address this type of issue, but I have not seen any similar solution from Dell. I would appreciate it if anybody knows of a solution as many times I do not have my desktop nearby to rescue me.  
I have a nice XPS M1330 and am very happy with the computer.  Back in September I got an offer from Dell for a Brazil keyboard (code FY205), which I purchased from Dell in early October.  The keyboar... See more...
I have a nice XPS M1330 and am very happy with the computer.  Back in September I got an offer from Dell for a Brazil keyboard (code FY205), which I purchased from Dell in early October.  The keyboard is installed and working very well.  Most unfortunately though, one key does not work the way it should.  This keyboard has a /? key where it normally should be the CTRL key to the right of the space key.  Well, the key is working as a CTRL key no matter what I try.  I have spent numerous hours with Technical Support to no avail.  I have create a new Windows Vista system on a spare HD, also to no avail.  Microsoft gaveme a Keyboard Layout Creator program but the key in question appears as "Unnassignable".  Today I have done some research at the Dell Brazil forum and could see that many people have the same problem.  In there Dell issued a new BIOS to support the keyboard, but my BIOS is up to date.  Dell Support tells me there are no drivers available for the keyboard and is looking into the problem as they were able to recreate the problem in their lab, but could not propose any solution. I wonder if anybody else has had this problem or know of a way around it. Thanks a million!
I have the same type of problem with the sound bar attached to a Dell E207WFP, which forces me to use the power adapter. The sound bar is connected to the standard green sound port of a Dimension 5... See more...
I have the same type of problem with the sound bar attached to a Dell E207WFP, which forces me to use the power adapter. The sound bar is connected to the standard green sound port of a Dimension 5150/E510. The humming noise is not there when the computer is running but shows up immediately after going into stand-by or the computer is turned off.