globalruler's Posts

globalruler's Posts

Hey, thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately it did not work. I enabled DotNet 2.0 3.5 and legacy directplay in programs and features, then installed DX June 2010 patch. Uninstalled my current... See more...
Hey, thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately it did not work. I enabled DotNet 2.0 3.5 and legacy directplay in programs and features, then installed DX June 2010 patch. Uninstalled my current audio driver (AMD High Definition Audio) and restarted my PC, ran the Dell drivers as administrator and it gave me the same error. "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware." However i did notice when i restarted my PC, there was another audio driver "High Definition Audio" in device manager. I suppose thats the default windows driver, and it comes back whenever i uninstall it and restart.
Hey guys, I have a Dell T3500 PC running windows 7 which used to work perfectly until a few days ago, I had to reset BIOS cause my PC wasn't booting up. That did fix it, however i lost audio in Wind... See more...
Hey guys, I have a Dell T3500 PC running windows 7 which used to work perfectly until a few days ago, I had to reset BIOS cause my PC wasn't booting up. That did fix it, however i lost audio in Windows. No matter what i do, windows cant recognize any headphones or speakers plugged in the front or the back 3.5mm jack. Same goes for microphones etc. Ive tried: Reinstalling Windows Installing the Dell OEM Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio (Never worked, "Your hardware is not supported error") Clean install of Windows 10 Booting in Safe mode Dell Audio Diagnostics (returned with an error) BIOS update to A17 from A10 The front and the back USB ports work just fine. Ive tried to look into BIOS to see if any onboard audio settings have been disabled, but i only found one checkbox "Audio" under miscellaneous devices. Which was already enabled. Specs: Intel Xeon W3550 Amd R7 360 8GB RAM No sound card etc. Really appreciate any help, thanks alot!