Tempo2020's Posts

Tempo2020's Posts

Thanks for your suggestion of something that worked for you. In my case nothing I tried worked, so I finally decided to replace the wifi card for a new one. I did the replacement myself and now the B... See more...
Thanks for your suggestion of something that worked for you. In my case nothing I tried worked, so I finally decided to replace the wifi card for a new one. I did the replacement myself and now the Bluetooth is working as expected, I can connect to any device without issues. The problem was a defective card, with which the Bluetooth never worked. If you search, you find many cases like this one, very unfortunate that Dell fits its high end laptops with low quality parts, not what you expect when buying expensive equipment. Will surely make me think twice before paying extra again for Dell equipment.  
I don't have a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to try, but I have tried with multiple speakers, headsets and audio receivers, and they all have the same result. I had done what you are suggesting, ... See more...
I don't have a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to try, but I have tried with multiple speakers, headsets and audio receivers, and they all have the same result. I had done what you are suggesting, but anyway I repeated the process, making sure I used the delete option when removing the drivers, I restarted the system, reinstalled the latest drivers and I still have the problem. The only thing I noted, which I do not know if it is a problem or not, is that the drivers' names, version number and driver date, as described in the download page, versus what device manager reports, are not a complete match. See the pictures showing downloaded drivers and installed drivers info below. I will appreciate additional suggestions on what else to check or change to try to solve this issue.  
Hi, I have a problem with my XPS 13 using Windows 10, it fails to connect to Bluetooth audio devices. This is in summary what happens: 1- Using "Add Bluetooth or Other Device" on settings, it detect... See more...
Hi, I have a problem with my XPS 13 using Windows 10, it fails to connect to Bluetooth audio devices. This is in summary what happens: 1- Using "Add Bluetooth or Other Device" on settings, it detects the device, then shows it as "Connected" in the "Add a Device" window. 2- A window pops for several seconds in lower right corner saying it is completing the configuration for the device. 3- The status changes to "Paired" in the "Add a Device" window. 4- If I try again to connect to the device, it says the operation failed. I have tried this with multiple audio devices with always the same result, those same devices will seamlessly connect to other computers or phones. I have followed all usual recommendations for Bluetooth troubleshooting without being able to fix the problem. I have also updated laptop's BIOS and wifi, Bluetooth and audio drivers to latest versions available on Dell's website, but the issue persists. Any advice on what else can be done to try to fix this? Thanks
I have the same issue with my xps 13 9350, it pairs but it will not connect to Bluetooth speakers or headsets, other type of devices seem to work. I have tried all suggested recommendations in this a... See more...
I have the same issue with my xps 13 9350, it pairs but it will not connect to Bluetooth speakers or headsets, other type of devices seem to work. I have tried all suggested recommendations in this and other forums to no avail. It has to be something specific to Dell and these models, so you would expect better explanations and solution recommendations from Dell, but I haven't been able to find them. Please address this Dell! It is so basic but annoying enough that it makes you regret the decision of having acquired this laptop.