CCN2216's Posts

CCN2216's Posts

I was able to download Win 10 from a Dell disk that came with the computer since i forgot i had one . While i can install 10 i still can't get past the " Thats all the information we need right now ,... See more...
I was able to download Win 10 from a Dell disk that came with the computer since i forgot i had one . While i can install 10 i still can't get past the " Thats all the information we need right now , your computer will restart several times during installation" screen while installing Win 7 . It stays on that screen for hours and hours and nothing happens.
Yes, thank you very very much for sharing your expertise.
Booting with BIOS setting on UEFI says "No boot device found" . This machine runs Win 7 pro and i believe was always set on Legacy not UEFI , AHCI is enabled as is support for Legacy rom.
Stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. This usually occurs when hardware is faulty... Since you tried a Reinstallation. Are you currently stuck on the first Starting Windows Screen (when you boot fr... See more...
Stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. This usually occurs when hardware is faulty... Since you tried a Reinstallation. Are you currently stuck on the first Starting Windows Screen (when you boot from the installation media and then select your language options etc) or the one after it restarts? NOT stuck on the first starting windows screen , i get through the "choose your language screen" and get to the "Upgrade or Custom" screen and it goes on to the next with the "Checkmarks" and then restarts itself . It restarts itself (After the prompt to hit a key to boot from the USB drive" again which i leave alone of course since it's in the process of installing . It very quickly moves past the "Updating Registry Settings" and when the screen pop's up again showing more "Checkmarks" it freezes at the point it says "Completing Installation" and won't budge any further than that .
Any luck finding your Windows installation experts ?
Bios is set to ACHI and secure boot is off , it's still on completing installation phase , this is obviously frozen , no way it's this slow. Thanks for your help my friend
Still on the screen of "Completing Installation" , can't believe Dell listed a "Urgent" update and so i download it and it breaks my computer. This is a monumental inconvenience to me . You have... See more...
Still on the screen of "Completing Installation" , can't believe Dell listed a "Urgent" update and so i download it and it breaks my computer. This is a monumental inconvenience to me . You have no idea how outraged i am over this .
I really don't have anything to save and don't have any apps so reinstalling is no big deal . Reinstall failed though , it's stuck on "Completing installation? Somethings very wrong , computer can'... See more...
I really don't have anything to save and don't have any apps so reinstalling is no big deal . Reinstall failed though , it's stuck on "Completing installation? Somethings very wrong , computer can't install Windows apparently . This is a permanent freeze , if you hit escape it says computer will be unusable but it already is .
Oh well forget what i said earlier , even a copy of windows won't install , it's stuck on "Completing Installation " for the last half hour . Usually it takes just a few minutes .
I decided to boot off a Win 7 copy that i downloaded from Dell's site .  It's installing Windows fresh so i hope this fixes everything . The copy of Win 7 was from one year ago , does Dell put u... See more...
I decided to boot off a Win 7 copy that i downloaded from Dell's site .  It's installing Windows fresh so i hope this fixes everything . The copy of Win 7 was from one year ago , does Dell put up new versions with updated bios settings ?
The text in red didn't work but i managed to get to the "Best last configuration" and clicked on it but it still freezes at the  "Starting Windows" screen .
Bios shows version 2.2.1, Win 7 was installed on a SSD a Samsung 850 Pro .  Thats the only hard drive i have connected .  I changed it back to ACHI but it made no difference . Computer still goes n... See more...
Bios shows version 2.2.1, Win 7 was installed on a SSD a Samsung 850 Pro .  Thats the only hard drive i have connected .  I changed it back to ACHI but it made no difference . Computer still goes no further than the "Windows is starting"  screen .  If i could revert to BIOS version 2.1.10 everything would be good again i believe but can't seem to do that . Even taking the battery out and leaving it out while pressing the power button doesn't work and the same for using the jumper . Computer is 5 days out of a year old and it's unusable.  I am on disability and could barely afford food let alone fixing the computer .
I have downloaded the previous bios version and copied it to a USB stick but that one i cannot get to boot . I think they're are steps that i am not doing to get it to work
I can enter bios setup no problem , secure boot is disabled and i run Win 7 on the Legacy setting .  ACHI was enabled but after the BIOS update it changed to Raid . I have not tried disconnecting a... See more...
I can enter bios setup no problem , secure boot is disabled and i run Win 7 on the Legacy setting .  ACHI was enabled but after the BIOS update it changed to Raid . I have not tried disconnecting anything at this point but i will .  I did run all diagnostics by using F-12 and it says no issues. I can boot from a USB or CD and i have done that with a Windows 7 repair disk that allowed me to restore previous images and after that completed when i log in i still get stuck in the same place which is "Windows is starting" screen but thats where it freezes forever.
Went from 2.1.10 to 2.2.1 and all went well said completed successfully but nope. Computer now refuses to advance any further than the "Starting Windows" screen. System is unusable now and warranty r... See more...
Went from 2.1.10 to 2.2.1 and all went well said completed successfully but nope. Computer now refuses to advance any further than the "Starting Windows" screen. System is unusable now and warranty ran out 5 days ago. Support said i need to pay $283.00 for one year, are they out of their minds? It's their Bios update that they listed as urgent for my XPS 8900 that made it unusable.
I have a new XPS 8900 with the i7 processor and a 730 graphics card and my score is  5.5 for graphics and 5.9 for the 1 TB hard drive as well . When i completely uninstalled the Nvidia graphics and... See more...
I have a new XPS 8900 with the i7 processor and a 730 graphics card and my score is  5.5 for graphics and 5.9 for the 1 TB hard drive as well . When i completely uninstalled the Nvidia graphics and used the Intel dedicated graphics instead my scores went up , now it's 7 for graphics and 7 for gaming graphics . That Nvidia card is pathetic .
Got a new Dell XPS 8900 with an Intel i7 and Nvidia graphics card (730) and i am somewhat surprised that Intel's integrated graphics score considerably higher than this dedicated card in the windows ... See more...
Got a new Dell XPS 8900 with an Intel i7 and Nvidia graphics card (730) and i am somewhat surprised that Intel's integrated graphics score considerably higher than this dedicated card in the windows WEI tests. I guess this card is worse than i thought lol.