Ascensyon's Posts

Ascensyon's Posts

i'm sorry i don't think buying an hdmi monitor an appropriate solution.  there must be a setting i can change to allow for fullscreen to work...
i've been reading on this and what's been happening to other types of systems seems something to do with flash maybe?  because this is happening for chrome, edge, facebook gameroom, netflix app,  you... See more...
i've been reading on this and what's been happening to other types of systems seems something to do with flash maybe?  because this is happening for chrome, edge, facebook gameroom, netflix app,  youtube vids too... all use flash??   any suggestions?
Hi everyone, I have a very odd issue,   I plugged in an external monitor to my new laptop  7567 15 inch and now my integrated graphics card won't display full screen in browsers and even some apps ... See more...
Hi everyone, I have a very odd issue,   I plugged in an external monitor to my new laptop  7567 15 inch and now my integrated graphics card won't display full screen in browsers and even some apps like the netflix apps. I tried to view fullscreen on my laptop monitor and then moving the browser window or app to my external monitor and both will just display a black screen. the only fullscreen that works is when i force my nvidia chipset gtx 1050 to be used by the app. Also something peculiar i noticed within windows 10  it'll see that i have 2 screens and i can extend normally BUT when i use the intel graphics app to change settings for the display it only sees 1 display, if this helps. could both of these issues be related? and how can i fix this? (on it's own with the external monitor unplugged , things seem fine, my external monitor uses a VGA to HDMI converter to plug into my laptop, is supports the 1920x1080 resolution as well and thats what i set it at.
thank you , because once i added my "product" on their site under my account. it said my warrantee was expired which is NOT  i just purchased and got it...  thats why i am registrating it.
i am using the app from my laptop which clearly indicates it's using canadian locations,  provinces , cities and postal code and not ZIP CODE.  this is getting extremely frustrating. thank you for ... See more...
i am using the app from my laptop which clearly indicates it's using canadian locations,  provinces , cities and postal code and not ZIP CODE.  this is getting extremely frustrating. thank you for trying to help me though. i appreciate it.
Hi Everyone, Not sure where to go,  looks like chat is closed for the weekend and that's about the only time i got to contact DELL...  i am trying to register my laptop via the Dell Product Regi... See more...
Hi Everyone, Not sure where to go,  looks like chat is closed for the weekend and that's about the only time i got to contact DELL...  i am trying to register my laptop via the Dell Product Registration tool, just got this laptop a a week of so now and i fill out the whole thing and the software keeps telling me i need to type in my POSTAL CODE...  but it's there, i've tried CAPS, no caps,  spaces , dashes NOTHING works.