DS79's Posts

DS79's Posts

Should anyane else have same problem , I can tell that Hynix HMT351U6CFR8C-H9 works perfectly with Vostro 260. I've been testing these for the last 8 hours and everything works nicely.
Thx guys. I got an answer from Dell Yesterday evening. They couldn't tell me exactly what to buy but thanks to the information I got from them , I found some more info and bought two Hynix 4GB. G... See more...
Thx guys. I got an answer from Dell Yesterday evening. They couldn't tell me exactly what to buy but thanks to the information I got from them , I found some more info and bought two Hynix 4GB. Guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday to be sure.
Thx for the answer. It's Vostro 260 , not 260s. And yes , I've seen these kits from Crucial. Don't get me wrong 61.99  isn't a problem but it's kinda stupid for me to pay more for memory upgrade ... See more...
Thx for the answer. It's Vostro 260 , not 260s. And yes , I've seen these kits from Crucial. Don't get me wrong 61.99  isn't a problem but it's kinda stupid for me to pay more for memory upgrade than I gave for the entire PC. That's why I was checking these kits on eBay.
Hi I recently bought a second hand Vostro 260 with i5-2400 and 4GB RAM on Ebay I bought it as a base for upgrades. Yes , I know it's not the best choice for that but: - I don't need a new PC ... See more...
Hi I recently bought a second hand Vostro 260 with i5-2400 and 4GB RAM on Ebay I bought it as a base for upgrades. Yes , I know it's not the best choice for that but: - I don't need a new PC - I badly needed to replace my ancient Athlon 64 x2 5200+ with something better - I needed a cheap machine and it was CHEAP (I mean , I paid , said goodbye and started running - CHEAP) I've already replaced/added some components but I need to add some RAM I don't need much , 8GB would be fine. I'm trying to buy 2x4GB DDR3 RAM and I have a problem. Apparently I need non ECC low density memory. And "low density" is the key. How can I tell if memory is low or high density? I've found some sticks but I have no idea if they're gonna be working? Hynix HMT351U6CFR8C-H9 N0 AA - this one is supposed to be low density , not sure about the rest Hynix HMT351U6EFR8C-PB N0 AA Hynix HMT351U6BFR8C-H9 N0 AA Hynix HMT351S6CFR8C-PB N0 AA Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Kingston HP698650-154-KEF Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 Integral IN3T4GNYBGX Nanya NT4GC64B8HB0NF-CG I would apreciate any help.