tjotx's Posts

tjotx's Posts

Yeah, same thing here...so frustrating indeed. Sometimes I have to do it several times in a row and it eventually will work again for an extended period of time. I'm thinking this script is really ju... See more...
Yeah, same thing here...so frustrating indeed. Sometimes I have to do it several times in a row and it eventually will work again for an extended period of time. I'm thinking this script is really just a remedy for what is actually a hardware problem. I've got a ticket open with support and looks like they're going to try replacing the hardware.
Hey Justin, Josh, and everyone else in this thread with this issue. I've got the xps 9360 DE also, and have the exact same problem as you are having with the trackpad. It is extremely frustrating. Fi... See more...
Hey Justin, Josh, and everyone else in this thread with this issue. I've got the xps 9360 DE also, and have the exact same problem as you are having with the trackpad. It is extremely frustrating. First thing I tried was to blacklist psmouse, but the trackpad still intermittently stopped working. I put these commands into a little shell script that I run every time it stops working and it seems to reset the trackpad. Unfortunately it doesn't always persist very long and I end up having to run it over again but it makes the machine at least usable, without having to close the lid every time. #!/bin/bash xinput disable 'DLL075B:01 06CB:76AF Touchpad' xinput enable DLL075B:01 06CB:76AF Touchpad' sudo modprobe -r i2c_hid sudo modprobe i2c_hid Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone else has made any progress on this. Thanks, Thomas
I've been extremely frustrated with the trackpad ever since I got my 9360. First thing I tried was to blacklist psmouse, but the trackpad still intermittently stopped working. I really should've retu... See more...
I've been extremely frustrated with the trackpad ever since I got my 9360. First thing I tried was to blacklist psmouse, but the trackpad still intermittently stopped working. I really should've returned it at this point, but I thought I'd stick it out and would find someway to make it work if I scoured the internet enough. I eventually created a workaround script that makes the machine actually usable, but unfortunately, it still isn't quite reliable enough to bring to work or anything...just more for tinkering until I get frustrated! I put these commands into a little shell script that I run every time it stops working and it seems to reset the trackpad. Unfortunately it doesn't always persist very long and I end up having to run it several times. First you need to run: xinput --list | grep Touchpad and use the output from this of the name of the device as the string in the script below. #!/bin/bash xinput disable 'DLL075B:01 06CB:76AF Touchpad' xinput enable DLL075B:01 06CB:76AF Touchpad' sudo modprobe -r i2c_hid sudo modprobe i2c_hid Hope this helps, until someone else finds a more permanent solution. I'm still under the assumption that this is not actually a hardware issue, but I haven't necessarily proven that assumption.