bacillus's Posts

bacillus's Posts

Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E852&SUBSYS_04421028&REV_01\4&33a64b3b&0&02E3  refers to your Ricoh storage controller for your sd card. If you scroll through http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Sea... See more...
Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E852&SUBSYS_04421028&REV_01\4&33a64b3b&0&02E3  refers to your Ricoh storage controller for your sd card. If you scroll through http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=VEN_1180%26 there are win 8 and win 10 drivers you can try at your own risk.
What version build of win 10 are you using? There was an initial problem with both wifi and Ethernet connection if you upgraded your original win 10 build to the Creators update that was ironed out ... See more...
What version build of win 10 are you using? There was an initial problem with both wifi and Ethernet connection if you upgraded your original win 10 build to the Creators update that was ironed out with the 2nd August 2017 cumulative update. The problem actually lay in the Broadcom stack and not the wireless drivers (All worked well version 1607 i.e. the version preceding the Creators update). I know all of this as I am typing this reply on a 1520 using windows 10 32bit version 1709 build 16299.201
fwiw my trusty Inspiron 1520 laptop updated successfully with the Creators update but I lost my wireless and Ethernet access. No amount of fiddling/tweaking could get them back! The system also se... See more...
fwiw my trusty Inspiron 1520 laptop updated successfully with the Creators update but I lost my wireless and Ethernet access. No amount of fiddling/tweaking could get them back! The system also seemed to get stuck on the restarting screen when restarting. Tried twice to do the install but got the same results so I've returned back to ver 1607 which runs like a dream on this old laptop.
Out of curiosity, is your video card inbuilt or a third party discrete one and do you run your laptop without a battery?
Apparently if you install using an ISO of Threshold 2 that was released on 12 November then you can use your win 7/win 8  key to activate...
tried removing the battery and looking in that case space?
Thank you very much for info on that driver as now my touchpad is working perfectly on my old Inspiron 1520 with win 10.
I have been reading this thread and can happily report that my wife's old trusty inspiron 6000 is now running Windows 10 Pro 32bit thanks to TryTryTryAgain's very helpful post. My 6000 has an ATI x30... See more...
I have been reading this thread and can happily report that my wife's old trusty inspiron 6000 is now running Windows 10 Pro 32bit thanks to TryTryTryAgain's very helpful post. My 6000 has an ATI x300 video card, Sigmatel sound card and Alps touchpad just like the 9300. I was initially plagued with with a black screen at startup with just the cursor visible. However turning off Fast Startup ( http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html ) seems to have cured my black screen problem.
I get msg. that this system not supported That message suggests to me that your are trying to update with an incorrect bios  file.
If the vista dvd is the official Dell one that came with your laptop then it should install and not require a key to be typed in.
I have an inspiron 1011 netbook that runs win 7 very well with 2GB of ram installed.
I had a similar issue of sp1 not installing regardless of mode of install, windows update or stand alone network installer. All the prerequisites were installed.  I went through all the hoops sugge... See more...
I had a similar issue of sp1 not installing regardless of mode of install, windows update or stand alone network installer. All the prerequisites were installed.  I went through all the hoops suggested by Microsoft but in the end I did an in place upgrade install using the original dell win 7 dvd. If you try using a copy of win 7 with sp1 integrated it won't install. All my programs and data remained intact. Installed all windows updates (there were quite a few) including sp1 and never had a problem since.
The update will go fine as I've done it. Get the current video driver from Nvidia site. Win 7 has the correct drivers built in for your modem, LAN and wireless. Use the sd, BT  and audio driver... See more...
The update will go fine as I've done it. Get the current video driver from Nvidia site. Win 7 has the correct drivers built in for your modem, LAN and wireless. Use the sd, BT  and audio drivers from dell for the 1150 vista platform.
This isn't a fault of Dell, it's because of Microsoft's OEM licencing terms & conditions.   edit: beaten to it by theflash.
Officially you have an OEM copy of XP that is tied to your old Dell PC and cannot legally be carried over to a new PC.
Tried here?  The link works for me. www.dell.com/.../xps-8700
Are you connecting the ssd to port 0 of your motherboard?
Sounds like you need to install compatible windows 7 video drivers...
If you have the original Dell oem copy of XP then you shouldn't be asked during the install to enter a product key or to activate.
You can transfer your present OS to your new ssd with correct alignment using Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0. It was offered free on giveawayof the day  a couple of weeks ago but now you'll have to ... See more...
You can transfer your present OS to your new ssd with correct alignment using Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0. It was offered free on giveawayof the day  a couple of weeks ago but now you'll have to purchase it if wanted. NB I am in no way affiliated with Paragon.