gatmac's Posts

gatmac's Posts

I have a different but related issue with sound output. If I uninstall MaxxAudio Pro from my system (9550, late 2016) and it has no effect, is there a way to reinstall it? 
What's the BSOD message? I know I had problems with an earlier version of the Intel Graphics 950 driver causing BSOD's that caused me to back it down to an earlier version. Dell just upgraded my grap... See more...
What's the BSOD message? I know I had problems with an earlier version of the Intel Graphics 950 driver causing BSOD's that caused me to back it down to an earlier version. Dell just upgraded my graphics drivers, which haven't (yet) caused an issue but I know to watch carefully.
Does anyone have advice for preserving / extending the life of the battery. I heard that laptops should remain plugged in all the time and should run off battery at least a little very day. Should we... See more...
Does anyone have advice for preserving / extending the life of the battery. I heard that laptops should remain plugged in all the time and should run off battery at least a little very day. Should we also deep cycle the battery periodically?
How is your experience with Mint Linux on the 9550? I ran it off an external drive for testing but haven't yet fully converted. Did you have any trouble installing the 3D drivers? I found they wer... See more...
How is your experience with Mint Linux on the 9550? I ran it off an external drive for testing but haven't yet fully converted. Did you have any trouble installing the 3D drivers? I found they were necessary for running VMs under VMware Professional 12, but I hadn't made it that far in testing.
I bought this WM615 Bluetooth mouse with my XPS 15 9550 laptop. It and works fine in general, but every 10 minutes or so it disconnects and reconnects. In other words it pauses for about 20-30 second... See more...
I bought this WM615 Bluetooth mouse with my XPS 15 9550 laptop. It and works fine in general, but every 10 minutes or so it disconnects and reconnects. In other words it pauses for about 20-30 seconds. I have tried changing batteries but the behavior doesn't change. Is there anything I can do to make this thing more reliable, or does anyone have experience with a Bluetooth mouse that is more reliable?
These utilities were installed on my XPS 15 9550. Both of them seem to have options for tweaking display colors. Mostly I am confused about why they are installed, what is the differences between the... See more...
These utilities were installed on my XPS 15 9550. Both of them seem to have options for tweaking display colors. Mostly I am confused about why they are installed, what is the differences between them, and how to best use one or the other or both. I have changed some settings, but they don't always seem to behave consistently, especially Dell PremierColor. DPC also seems to crash or restart when I play around with it. Can I just uninstall it? Does anyone have any best practices for managing screen appearance?
Thanks for providing this, I experienced similar BSOD's a week ago. I even experienced them just locking and unlocking my display. I will keep an eye on Windows trying to upgrade it automatically. Ho... See more...
Thanks for providing this, I experienced similar BSOD's a week ago. I even experienced them just locking and unlocking my display. I will keep an eye on Windows trying to upgrade it automatically. Hopefully Dell will release a fix very soon.
I am a regretful converter from Mac back to Windows. In my case I used the Device Manager to roll back to 20.19.15.4454. So far so good. Can we download a specific version from Dell? Has anyone tried... See more...
I am a regretful converter from Mac back to Windows. In my case I used the Device Manager to roll back to 20.19.15.4454. So far so good. Can we download a specific version from Dell? Has anyone tried the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 64-bit download from the Intel site?