DModi's Posts

DModi's Posts

I too have the same problem. Was meant to arrive on 28th and they updated to 18th. Took whole day off and nothing arrived between 9am-6pm as the email suggested. Left the house at 6:30pm and returned... See more...
I too have the same problem. Was meant to arrive on 28th and they updated to 18th. Took whole day off and nothing arrived between 9am-6pm as the email suggested. Left the house at 6:30pm and returned a few hours later to find they'd tried delivering art 7:30pm..  according to my security cams. Very frustrating. No card or contact number or anything left behind.  No idea what happens next...
Noticed my trackpad is being forced out the chassis and I suspect it is due to the bulging battery problem - the issue was very minor 3 weeks ago and only became more apparent whilst holidaying in a ... See more...
Noticed my trackpad is being forced out the chassis and I suspect it is due to the bulging battery problem - the issue was very minor 3 weeks ago and only became more apparent whilst holidaying in a warmer climate and using the laptop without the laptop cooler I place under the chassis in the office. Anyone know what the Dell recommended battery replacement is for the factory fitted Simplo battery (specs below)?: NAME PABAS0241231 MANUFACTURER Simplo SERIAL NUMBER 41167 Thanks
techdows.com/.../fix-screen-flashing-issue-in-windows-10.html I used this blog as well. I posted my fix not long ago (see second to last post by M3800). Good luck
Honesty... it took a screen change and a motherboard change to fix it. Never pinned it down to whether it was the screen or motherboard but pretty sure it was the mothwrboars. Dell replaced it under ... See more...
Honesty... it took a screen change and a motherboard change to fix it. Never pinned it down to whether it was the screen or motherboard but pretty sure it was the mothwrboars. Dell replaced it under warranty. I had two screen changes.. on the second screen change the technician shorted my laptop out and blew the motherboard. After the replacement was installed the problem never came back. It's very annoying but I tried all the gpu updates and process kills before looking at the hardware and nothing worked permanently. Defo a hardware failure.
How'd it go?
Youre the first person ive seen to have this problem I besides myself.. good to know i wqsnt completwly alone! it's not the screen, try these: - Update bios to A10 --- first time I did this the pro... See more...
Youre the first person ive seen to have this problem I besides myself.. good to know i wqsnt completwly alone! it's not the screen, try these: - Update bios to A10 --- first time I did this the problem subsides for a long time - Ensure video drivers updates all up to date --- this never worked for me but everyone says check the drivers.. so worth checking - Check to see if you've had any windows updates in the last few days before you noticed the ptoblem happening; roll it back if you can and see if the problem persists --- I feel like this worked a few times for me as well. The problem seemed to occur after an update.  Not sure if it was a change to something slight that triggered the screen problem rather than being the underlying cause - Go into safe mode and see if the problem happens. If not, because safe mode runs a lower resolution by default, up the resolution to 3200x1800 in safe mode --- for me this was the real test to pinpoint the screen or hardware as the problem. I only noticed the screen problem when the resolution was running full, even in safe mode.  It was at this point I called out Dell - It could even be the motherboard. The early m3800s had some design flaws around keeping the power stable. My technician mentioned a potential faulty alternator. Solution: sadly for me it was one of two things. The screen or the mainboard.  I can't tell you which because whilst replacing my screen the technician shorted my motherboard and took out the entire mainboard which had to be replaced before he machine would turn back on. I ended up replacing the mothetboard, could, gpu and screen. The problem hasn't been seen since.  Try all the above then think about either a new reen again (maybe just bad luck for you) or a new mainboard... Let us know how you get on...
Did you ever get an answer to this? I received a replacement screen for my M3800 and it's clearly an inferior screen/panel. Has the same yellow-ish washed out look compared to my old one which was a ... See more...
Did you ever get an answer to this? I received a replacement screen for my M3800 and it's clearly an inferior screen/panel. Has the same yellow-ish washed out look compared to my old one which was a lot more vibrant. Did you find the settings?
Could you check in your Windows Update centre to see if an update has recently come from Microsoft (a service-pack update). I assume you're on Windows 10. The timelines you describe are in line wit... See more...
Could you check in your Windows Update centre to see if an update has recently come from Microsoft (a service-pack update). I assume you're on Windows 10. The timelines you describe are in line with something I've read somewhere else and there was mention of the screen problem being caused by the Windows Service Pack updates from MS. Long shot, I know. But could you confirm?
Some interesting findings from my screen issue - interested to see if anyone else has had the same problem with their M3800. I had my screen replaced in May 2016 due to some dead pixels appearing -... See more...
Some interesting findings from my screen issue - interested to see if anyone else has had the same problem with their M3800. I had my screen replaced in May 2016 due to some dead pixels appearing - after a week I started seeing the problem with the screen flickering. My suspicion is that a faulty or refurbished screen was used under warranty as a replacement screen. Needless to say, I've run all the tests (and them some more) above.. What I have noticed, is the vertical lines are always formed from the same colour as the very bottom row of pixels on my laptop screen, and they can change depending on the colour of the rows the vertical lines or blacked out screen can also happen when the computer is starting up (i.e. on the boot screen) if it happens on the Windows10 login screen the lines will be a different colour (the colour of the bottom row of pixels of the login screen), then they will change to the colour of the taskbar it's the same patch of screen affected, about 5/6th of the screen has the lines or goes black, the remaining 1/6th to the far right either shows the rest of the screen or goes white/black Above: The external monitor is a duplicate of the laptop monitor. The light grey lines on the laptop screen are from the open applications (as can be seen in the taskbar on the duplicated monitor - chrome (offscreen), spotify, outlook, google keep, citrix). The lighter mid-grey area to the very left of the laptop screen is created from the Cortana "Ask me anything" field in the taskbar. Above: Only one application open this time (chrome), therefore only one light grey verticle line. Each shade of grey corresponds to the colour of the bottom-most row of the screen (the taskbar in my case). Tests I've done... 1. Safe mode:  flickering lines still present. Changing the resolution from low to native in safe mode seems to make the flickering problem more apparent. 2. External monitor:  no flickering lines on the monitor at all, only seen on laptop screen 3. LCD BIST - solid colours ok (although catching the flickering problem at the same time as the BIST test is difficult to do as the flickering happens a lot, randomly (and often makes my screen solid black/white after a while) 4. Diagnostics - through the Dell website, nothing found 5. Driver update - checked all drivers and rolled forwards to the latest, backwards to the most stable, doesn't make a difference.
I've got an M3800 which is an identical build to the XPS15. I had my screen replaced in May due to some dead pixels appearing - after a week I started seeing the problem with the screen flickering. ... See more...
I've got an M3800 which is an identical build to the XPS15. I had my screen replaced in May due to some dead pixels appearing - after a week I started seeing the problem with the screen flickering. My suspicion is that a faulty or refurbished screen was used under warranty as a replacement screen. Needless to say, I've run all the tests (and them some more) above.. What I have noticed, is the vertical lines are always formed from the same colour as the very bottom row of pixels on my laptop screen, and they can change depending on the colour of the rows the vertical lines or blacked out screen can also happen when the computer is starting up (i.e. on the boot screen) if it happens on the Windows10 login screen the lines will be a different colour (the colour of the bottom row of pixels of the login screen), then they will change to the colour of the taskbar it's the same patch of screen affected, about 5/6th of the screen has the lines or goes black, the remaining 1/6th to the far right either shows the rest of the screen or goes white/black Above: The external monitor is a duplicate of the laptop monitor. The light grey lines on the laptop screen are from the open applications (as can be seen in the taskbar on the duplicated monitor - chrome (offscreen), spotify, outlook, google keep, citrix). The lighter mid-grey area to the very left of the laptop screen is created from the Cortana "Ask me anything" field in the taskbar. Above: Only one application open this time (chrome), therefore only one light grey verticle line. Each shade of grey corresponds to the colour of the bottom-most row of the screen (the taskbar in my case). Tests I've done... 1. Safe mode:  flickering lines still present. Changing the resolution from low to native in safe mode seems to make the flickering problem more apparent. 2. External monitor:  no flickering lines on the monitor at all, only seen on laptop screen 3. LCD BIST - solid colours ok (although catching the flickering problem at the same time as the BIST test is difficult to do as the flickering happens a lot, randomly (and often makes my screen solid black/white after a while) 4. Diagnostics - through the Dell website, nothing found 5. Driver update - checked all drivers and rolled forwards to the latest, backwards to the most stable, doesn't make a difference.
I was told to update the BIOS by Dell at one point to A10
As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs I'm having issues with a screen that w... See more...
As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve. Thank you.
Hi - I started seeing this problem after my monitor was replaced (I had one dead pixel, and Dell kindly replaced the screen for me). This issue is far worse. Could you confirm there is still no sof... See more...
Hi - I started seeing this problem after my monitor was replaced (I had one dead pixel, and Dell kindly replaced the screen for me). This issue is far worse. Could you confirm there is still no software fix, and that the problem is hardware related?
Hi, I also have this problem. I've had it since I had my screen replaced in May and it seemed to subside for a little while when I wasn't using my laptop for too long. As I'm using my laptop for lo... See more...
Hi, I also have this problem. I've had it since I had my screen replaced in May and it seemed to subside for a little while when I wasn't using my laptop for too long. As I'm using my laptop for longer sessions now (an hour or more), I've noticed the lines reappearing a lot - to the point that my laptop screen is almost 90% greyed out and unusable. The issue subsides randomly and comes back randomly. I've tried to track it down to a process or action, but there's no correlation between any tasks, programs, processes or activities that take place. I also have a M3800 (2014 build). Any advice on remediation before contacting dell support for a replacement?