Francog_28's Posts

Francog_28's Posts

During the last week I've been having a strange problem with my XPS 15. At first, it occurred every 5 or 6 boots, but know it happens every time I turn it on. What happens is that when I boot it, t... See more...
During the last week I've been having a strange problem with my XPS 15. At first, it occurred every 5 or 6 boots, but know it happens every time I turn it on. What happens is that when I boot it, the white light indicator in the start button stays on for around 10 seconds and then turns off, followed by a rare light pattern error which displays 3 times amber, 5 times white, 3 times amber, 3 times white. At least, after it does this, I push the button again and it boots perfectly fine. Although it's true that this problem isn't fatal, luckily for now, I'm worried that it could get worse. I´ve already had a problem with a failed RAM that's already been replaced by Dell. However, this time the light pattern error code isn't showed in the diagnostics section in XPS 15 service manual (page 114). There's no 3 amber, 5 white error, but there's a 3 amber, 3 white one that says "Recovery image not found". Thanking you in advance, I would appreciate any help you could provide me.
Thanks for your reply. I've done some troubleshooting myself after being told by the dell support in twitter to open the laptop and check if the RAM were connected properly. After many tests, I reali... See more...
Thanks for your reply. I've done some troubleshooting myself after being told by the dell support in twitter to open the laptop and check if the RAM were connected properly. After many tests, I realised that one of the 8 gb memories was dead. I am now with the other 8 gb only, but luckily I am writing this on it. I've called dell technical support and they will send a technician with the memory to my direction. I'm relieved that the warranty covers Argentina, 'cause in this country everything tech related leaves much to be desired. Hopefully, I'll be getting my replacement next week. I'm still confused about what could've happened with the memory and it's sudden death.
Hi. I've just received yesterday my new xps 15 9560 and it ran perfectly during the first boot. However, today I wanted to turn it on and it won't do it. When I press the power button, it lits up for ... See more...
Hi. I've just received yesterday my new xps 15 9560 and it ran perfectly during the first boot. However, today I wanted to turn it on and it won't do it. When I press the power button, it lits up for one second and then turns off. Immediately after this, the battery status light blinks amber two times and white four times. According to dell's service manual, this means memory or ram failure. I do not know what to do. Can you help me?