AccessShell's Posts

AccessShell's Posts

I have a WIN 7 Pro with a VMXP SP3 op system.  The WIN 7 easily accesses the internet with both IE 11 and Firefox 58.0.2. About 2 or 3 days ago the VMXP SP3 will not access the internet.  I get lots... See more...
I have a WIN 7 Pro with a VMXP SP3 op system.  The WIN 7 easily accesses the internet with both IE 11 and Firefox 58.0.2. About 2 or 3 days ago the VMXP SP3 will not access the internet.  I get lots of msgs on diagnostic about ports not open.  I don't even know how to open or close ports.  Can someone direct me how to work the problem? Thanks  
I have an OptiPlex 3010 small form factor computer with WIN 7 Pro and  8 GIG of Ram.  I noticed that when the computer is turned off and I look inside through the rear vents I can see an orange glow.... See more...
I have an OptiPlex 3010 small form factor computer with WIN 7 Pro and  8 GIG of Ram.  I noticed that when the computer is turned off and I look inside through the rear vents I can see an orange glow. The glow comes from the front lower part of the CPU. I have not taken the cover off to look inside. To do that I would unplug the computer. I am sure that would turn off the orange light. Any explanation? Is it OK? It seems to me that as long as the light is on, I am drawing power. Is this causing a problem?